PDA

View Full Version : GMs already contradicting themselves

JayN
01-13-2014, 02:37 PM
May we please have Rogean come post the rules, sounds like two different versions are being handed out already!

first raiders are about to get banned me feels

Lanuven
01-13-2014, 02:45 PM
http://www.project1999.com/raid.php

Bardalicious
01-13-2014, 02:53 PM
WTS professional rule-lawyering loopholes. PST b4 they are closed.

25kpp per raid target kill.

Rogean
01-13-2014, 02:55 PM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/500x/44828163.jpg

Bardalicious
01-13-2014, 02:56 PM
AINT SAFE ON THE RNF STREETS NO MORE

arsenalpow
01-13-2014, 02:57 PM
I'm pretty interested in seeing what "creative" solutions the hardcore sides come up with to generate an advantage. They're always the best at thinking outside the box when it comes to gettin dem pixels.

Kagatob
01-13-2014, 03:02 PM
All raid mobs provide an "FTE Shout" that show what guild has engaged. Kill stealing will be severely disciplined.
Guilds may not have any more than two representatives present at a raid spawn location.
Still going in the wrong direction.
If you are going to try to punish the neckbeard guilds make them have force in zone. They are pixel greedy enough to do it and the other guilds are not pixel greedy enough to care about it and will go on with their lives while the neckbeards go on with their not lives.

Nirgon
01-13-2014, 04:29 PM
Sky already had an agreed upon rotation

STILL BLOCKED

baalzy
01-13-2014, 04:54 PM
If you are going to try to punish the neckbeard guilds make them have force in zone. They are pixel greedy enough to do it and the other guilds are not pixel greedy enough to care about it and will go on with their lives while the neckbeards go on with their not lives.

Combine that with the no stalling rule + the no kiting rule that was already in place and see what happens.

Guilds just need to make sure they don't keep the person with FTE alive by doing something stupid like pulling the mob off them. Let them die, logout/port/coh/let die anyone who may have caught agro racing for FTE and then snag FTE yourself when the mob resets.

Artaenc
01-13-2014, 04:59 PM
AINT SAFE ON THE RNF STREETS NO MORE

It's also not safe to kill a raid target without consulting a lawyer to make sure it's ok or you will get banned for breaking rules. We have driven the staff collectively create this constitution. I blame RnF~

Classic EQ experience would be nice for once.

Derubael
01-13-2014, 05:09 PM

I am still waiting to hear your miracle solution :(

help us, kagatob, you're our only hope!

Artaenc
01-13-2014, 05:17 PM

I can't wait to see his constructive criticism response.

Derubael
01-13-2014, 05:17 PM
gyno plz bring back lizard avatar, possibly a lizard sig, then we can talk.

ediT
bah, i got ninja'd.

Derubael
01-13-2014, 05:19 PM
http://sharedawg.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/OFQsOaZ.jpg

Derubael
01-13-2014, 05:22 PM
http://cdn.ebaumsworld.com/mediaFiles/picture/2171170/82063199.png

Kagatob
01-13-2014, 05:44 PM

I've posted it several times. You even quoted me in this very thread. Do 3 simple goddamn things and everything else will fall into place.

Kill variance. (Not classic)
Nix FTE (even less classic)
Enforce force in zone/near spawn + PNP (both classic)

Result: TMO parked at ::insert VP mob here 24/7::, FE parked at ::insert VP mob not the one TMO is currently socking::.

While this is happening the rest of the server can do/raid whatever the fuck they want, however the fuck they want. They will hardly ever poopsock because this isn't hardcore land where virtual life > basement life.

Last but certainly not least. It will end the Fraps rules laying era.

The only ones against such a policy are the ones who would be willing to sock anyway (the 2.5%).

Inb4 casual scum/who are you

Tiggles
01-13-2014, 05:46 PM
I've posted it several times. You even quoted me in this very thread. Do 3 simple goddamn things and everything else will fall into place.

Result: TMO parked at ::insert VP mob here 24/7::, FE parked at ::insert VP mob not the one TMO is currently socking::.

While this is happening the rest of the server can do/raid whatever the fuck they want, however the fuck they want. They will hardly ever poopsock because this isn't hardcore land where virtual life > basement life.

The only ones against such a policy are the ones who would be willing to sock anyway (the 2.5%).

TMO endorses this plan 100% please implement asap.

Derubael
01-13-2014, 05:54 PM

FE parks 15 toons at VS spawn, 15 toons at tal, and 15 toons at trak. TMO parks 15 toons at CT, 15 toons at inny and 15 toons at sev. They leave vp alone cause vp sucks and they're the only two guilds that can get in anyway. No variance means they know when each of these mobs will spawn, so they set up their force 6.9 days in advance to make sure they are the first ones there. Engage afk poopsock, rotate guards to make sure your afk force doesn't get wiped by a pathing mob. Once mob spawns and goes down, re-engage afk poopsock. Mobs locked forever, gg.

The fact that tiggles endorsed your plan so quickly should clue you into why its such a horrible idea. We took these mechanics and rules out for a reason. First in force on a server like this is literally the worst possible way to handle the raid scene.

Kagatob
01-13-2014, 05:55 PM
TMO endorses this plan 100% please implement asap.

The reverse psychology won't work. Sorry. Gonna ignore anything the 2.5% say even if you agree with me.

Next!

Hitpoint
01-13-2014, 06:01 PM
Kagatob I have never seen someone fight so hard to make the raid scene actually worse than it's ever been.

Kagatob
01-13-2014, 06:02 PM
FE parks 15 toons at VS spawn, 15 toons at tal, and 15 toons at trak. TMO parks 15 toons at CT, 15 toons at inny and 15 toons at sev. They leave vp alone cause vp sucks and they're the only two guilds that can get in anyway. No variance means they know when each of these mobs will spawn, so they set up their force 6.9 days in advance to make sure they are the first ones there. Engage afk poopsock, rotate guards to make sure your afk force doesn't get wiped by a pathing mob. Once mob spawns and goes down, re-engage afk poopsock. Mobs locked forever, gg.
Sorry I did it again. I forgot to mention banning camping alt armies at mobs. That common sense thing that if not explicitly mentioned would be exploited.

You also failed to address that you would want to have different numbers to constitute what would be a "raid force" for each individual mob. It might only take 15 players for a top tier maxed out raid guild 2 years after Kunark released to kill the mob, but that's also not classic expectations. Maybe you should look at a classic raid force of, oh I dunno... 36 people?

Oh, because TMO will have 216 people out 24/7 at the mobs you mentioned. Ok, so that's 216 people who aren't shitting up the rest of the server. I fail to see how that's a bad thing.
The fact that tiggles endorsed your plan so quickly should clue you into why its such a horrible idea. We took these mechanics and rules out for a reason. First in force on a server like this is literally the worst possible way to handle the raid scene.

Lurn2RnF. Only then will you know why he replied the way he did at the speed he did.

Artaenc
01-13-2014, 06:05 PM
Kagatob I have never seen someone fight so hard to make the raid scene actually worse than it's ever been.

Give him a chance, he's got an awesome idea. I'd love to hear more of it.

Derubael
01-13-2014, 06:09 PM
Sorry I did it again. I forgot to mention banning camping alt armies at mobs. That common sense thing that if not explicitly mentioned would be exploited.

Who said anything about camping at spawns? These people would all be in game, when the mob spawns you move people in from wherever to come kill the mob if you need more than 15, because hey, you have all the time in the world to kill the target - you're first in force!

You also failed to address that you would want to have different numbers to constitute what would be a "raid force" for each individual mob. It might only take 15 players for a top tier maxed out raid guild 2 years after Kunark released to kill the mob, but that's also not classic expectations. Maybe you should look at a classic raid force of, oh I dunno... 36 people?

People killed targets across Norrath in classic with far less than 36 people. Where do we get this arbitrary number from? What about guilds who can't field 36 people? Do they just not get to engage that target ever? If A-team can kill trak/vs/ct with 15, shouldn't they be allowed to?

Oh, because TMO will have 216 people out 24/7 at the mobs you mentioned. Ok, so that's 216 people who aren't shitting up the rest of the server. I fail to see how that's a bad thing.

Sure... instead, they are locking down every target in the game by going AFK. Sounds like a good solution. How does this fix the raid scene again?

Lurn2RnF. Only then will you know why he replied the way he did at the speed he did.

lol. thx for playing.

Stop thinking like someone who's never raided on P99 and start thinking like a GM.

Kagatob
01-13-2014, 06:23 PM
Who said anything about camping at spawns? These people would all be in game, when the mob spawns you move people in from wherever to come kill the mob if you need more than 15, because hey, you have all the time in the world to kill the target - you're first in force!

Mob spawns, set an engage timer. Time runs out after ::insert time here::

This isn't rocket science.

People killed targets across Norrath in classic with far less than 36 people. What about guilds who can't field 36 people? Do they just not get to engage that target ever? If A-team can kill trak/vs/ct with 15, shouldn't they be allowed to?

Case by case basis. The better question is; Is a guild like the A-Team going to poopsock a mob like that or do their players have better things to do? (real lives)

Where do we get this arbitrary number from?
Arbitrary? That's the classic raid force number. This is just... I can't believe you don't know that.
Sure... instead, they are locking down every target in the game by going AFK. Sounds like a good solution. How does this fix the raid scene again?

So make them sock in rooms with spawns? Think outside the box dude.

lol. thx for playing.
Stop thinking like someone who's never raided on P99 and start thinking like a GM.

Still doing it wrong.
I'm thinking like someone who enjoys watching little fat kids fight over toys as much as the next guy, but this time the fat kids are in the way of others who actually want to get something done.

You know what your biggest problem is though? You are so busy basking in your own creation with this variance+FTE bullshit that you can't even see a decent suggestion when it's presented in front of you. The raid forum is a serious fucking joke, with every good suggestion tossed away because it doesn't conform to the variance/FTE 'vision'. You poke the smallest little holes in anything you see with these Hurr Durr posts of yours instead of being constructive and admitting "oh this would work well, just add this little bit to it".

I honestly don't care enough to keep this game going, but it's your bed man, you can sleep in it. Sorry I'm trying to offer an outside viewpoint. :rolleyes:

JayN
01-13-2014, 06:38 PM
lol. thx for playing.

Kag owned

pras Deru

Derubael
01-13-2014, 06:42 PM
I'm honestly not sure if you're trolling at this point, but it sounds like you really do believe you have something here, so I'll give it one more go. since you've been touting this 'miracle plan' for months now:

Mob spawns, set an engage timer. Time runs out after ::insert time here::

Lol. Remove variance - > guild knows when mob will spawn, moves additional people in to help with engage before mob spawns.

Case by case basis. The better question is; Is a guild like the A-Team going to poopsock a mob like that or do their players have better things to do? (real lives)

Way to avoid my question. If a guild can't field the arbitrary number of people required in a "classic raid force", are they simply not allowed to engage that mob, even if they are capable of killing it with less? Or do we just look at each individual guild and set a number for that specific guild needed to claim 'first in force'? How does this limit get decided?

Also, according to this statement, if you don't poopsock you don't get targets. So your solution to the raid scene is to encourage poopsocking? How the fuck does this fix anything?

Arbitrary? That's the classic raid force number. This is just... I can't believe you don't know that.

Uh. According to who? Guilds on many different servers killed top tier content with far less than 36 on a regular basis in Kunark. Just because Kagatob didn't see it doesn't mean it didn't happen.

So make them sock in rooms with spawns? Think outside the box dude.

Ok. I'm thinking outside the box. So is TMO, so they put 4 people on guard for their AFK force so that no one dies. I addressed this in my first post, but you apparently didn't read it.

I'm thinking like someone who enjoys watching little fat kids fight over toys as much as the next guy, but this time the fat kids are in the way of others who actually want to get something done.

There's a reason why no one bothered suggesting your shitty plan when we were doing these raid talks. It's because it's shitty.

You poke the smallest little holes in anything you see with these Hurr Durr posts of yours instead of being constructive and admitting "oh this would work well, just add this little bit to it".

These aren't 'small little holes'. Your plan is leaking so much water it's not even worth keeping afloat. We used to have this system on Project 1999. We took it out because it was the biggest pot of fail the raid scene has ever witnessed. There is no 'adding a little bit to it' to make it work. You are too busy basking in the brilliance of your own plan to see why it fails.

I honestly don't care enough to keep this game going, but it's your bed man, you can sleep in it. Sorry I'm trying to offer an outside viewpoint. :rolleyes:

Your viewpoint is noted, sir. It's just not something that will work on Project 1999.

Oh, and by the way, First to Engage is classic. Not every server worked off of first in force. Different strokes.

Derubael
01-13-2014, 06:48 PM
I love all my little nublets and scrublets here on Project 1999, gyno. It takes all kinds, even Kagatobs. :D

Rhambuk
01-13-2014, 06:55 PM
dunno how you deal with these worms derupal. i wanna stomp on them.

Thats why hes green.

Derubael
01-13-2014, 07:03 PM
dis is wut id do 2 them.

http://davidkanigan.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/lizard-catches-ant.gif%3Fw%3D600

NO gyno.

http://www.awesomelycute.com/gallery/2013/01/you-shall-not-pass-awesomelycute-com-1672.jpg

Kagatob
01-13-2014, 07:06 PM
36 (six groups) was the size that you could fit in a raid. Any more would require a second raid with separate raid chat. Stop calling it arbitrary.

I'll give you one thing though, at least you are consistent that the problem is indeed neckbeards with no jobs monopolizing content because they have nothing better to do with their lives. Even if none of the staff will come and outright say it.

Artaenc
01-13-2014, 07:08 PM
Kag owned

pras Deru

You know that awkward moment when you're feeling owned? I think that's why he stopped posting.

JayN
01-13-2014, 07:10 PM
36 (six groups) was the size that you could fit in a raid. Any more would require a second raid with separate raid chat. Stop calling it arbitrary.

I'll give you one thing though, at least you are consistent that the problem is indeed neckbeards with no jobs monopolizing content because they have nothing better to do with their lives. Even if none of the staff will come and outright say it.

I remember raids being much bigger then 36 at some point i think you may be off.

I'd wager neckbeards get something for playing the lifestyle they do, maybe reasons similar as to why others go to work?

Im thinking you get nothing from anything other then anime, truthfully making you unable to understand other peoples viewpoints/lifestyles.

Rogean
01-13-2014, 07:15 PM

Wait what.. You're talking about the raid utility? That didn't even get implemented until planes of power, and it supported 12 groups for a total of 72 players.

Shannacore
01-13-2014, 07:16 PM
Kagatob getting owned over and over again in this thread

Derubael
01-13-2014, 07:17 PM
naw id fuck you up.

http://gifs.gifbin.com/052011/1306866569_lizard_tail_fight.gif

http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/f8/cf/66/f8cf6676f98fff20b47d09924323b675.jpg

So we make it 36 first in force and eliminate any guilds chance of getting targets if they have less than that number, which essentially means we require zerging and poopsocking to kill targets on Project 1999. How does this fix anything again?

I admire you for sticking to your guns, but your plan has been shredded and lies in tatters. Time to think of a new plan. I'm always open to suggestions, just make it less stupid this time.

Doors
01-13-2014, 07:22 PM
naw id fuck you up.

http://gifs.gifbin.com/052011/1306866569_lizard_tail_fight.gif

You're such a maggot.

Kagatob
01-13-2014, 07:25 PM
Wait what.. You're talking about the raid utility? That didn't even get implemented until planes of power, and it supported 12 groups for a total of 72 players.

Nah. I'm talking about the feature that had no purpose other than enabling raid chat.

Kagatob
01-13-2014, 07:27 PM
http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/f8/cf/66/f8cf6676f98fff20b47d09924323b675.jpg

Lol, so we make it 36 first in force and eliminate any guilds chance of getting targets if they have less than that number, which essentially means we require zerging and poopsocking to kill targets on Project 1999. How does this fix anything again?

I admire you for sticking to your guns, but your plan has been shredded and lies in tatters. Time to think of a new plan. I'm always open to suggestions, just make it less stupid this time.

Ok fine. Ban TMO for longer than 2 weeks.

Nothing but good things happened while they were out of the way. Call it the trust busting protocol or something.

radditsu
01-13-2014, 07:28 PM
You obviously never led a raid. Raid window was a godsend. Just stop.

Hailto
01-13-2014, 07:29 PM
Kagatob is easily the worst poster on the boards, I actually prefer Lron.

Kagatob
01-13-2014, 07:37 PM
You obviously never led a raid. Raid window was a godsend. Just stop.

Where did I say it wasn't a good thing? I was agreeing with Rogean that it didn't exist in classic. I'm saying that before it's implementation, there was still a raid chat feature.

Heebee
01-13-2014, 07:41 PM
before it's implementation, there was still a raid chat feature.

This did not exist in Classic, Kunark or Velious - you are delusional. Please stop now.

Rogean
01-13-2014, 07:42 PM
There was never a raid chat before the raid window in PoP.

JayN
01-13-2014, 07:42 PM
This did not exist in Classic, Kunark or Velious - you are delusional. Please stop now.
of course he is /anime

Kagatob
01-13-2014, 07:47 PM
There was never a raid chat before the raid window in PoP.

Huh. I could of sworn we used something besides guilds chat back then. /shrug

radditsu
01-13-2014, 07:49 PM

Raid window put 5 years on my life.

Maybe he is thinking of chat channels? Think those are pop too...

Rhambuk
01-13-2014, 07:49 PM
Huh. I could of sworn we used something besides guilds chat back then. /shrug

Chat channels? those may have been implemented before the raid function, still believe it was post velious.

Pint
01-13-2014, 07:50 PM
you need to stick to your animes kagatob, p99 is not for you

Kagatob
01-13-2014, 07:56 PM
Raid window put 5 years on my life.

Maybe he is thinking of chat channels? Think those are pop too...

Chat channels? those may have been implemented before the raid function, still believe it was post velious.

Those were definitely post Velious.

Hailto
01-13-2014, 08:23 PM
you need to stick to your animes kagatob, p99 is not for you

ymw
01-13-2014, 08:37 PM

Doors
01-13-2014, 09:12 PM

http://images.lolstream.com/assets/media_show/730__26b39d3bb54f5551eb7197b883c8ab4a.jpg

Couldn't find an anime version of meme.

Heebo
01-13-2014, 09:14 PM

Kagatob
01-13-2014, 09:17 PM
no accounting for taste.

Have fun with your FTE.

Bardalicious
01-13-2014, 09:25 PM
Never seen so many paragraphs typed by someone that matters so little to the raid scene on p99.

Kag owned by the big dogs ITT.

Kagatob
01-13-2014, 09:32 PM
A total of 15 minutes worth of typing on threads while I'm at work. Us got me. Totally owned.

Rhambuk
01-13-2014, 09:35 PM
Have fun with your FTE.

oh i think we will, infinitely better than shitsocking for another 3 years....

Bardalicious
01-13-2014, 09:35 PM
Pretty sure your complete lack of knowledge of the fundamentals of classic EQ owned you.

LOL raid chat/window? Really?? Kag hasn't been to a single raid on P99 hence doesn't know raid window doesn't exist lololoooooo :o

Hitpoint
01-13-2014, 09:42 PM
no accounting for taste.

Have fun with your FTE.

FTE is pretty good and pretty fair. Not sure why you hate it so much.

Kagatob
01-13-2014, 09:55 PM
Pretty sure your complete lack of knowledge of the fundamentals of classic EQ owned you.

LOL raid chat/window? Really?? Kag hasn't been to a single raid on P99 hence doesn't know raid window doesn't exist lololoooooo :o

Show me where I mentioned "raid window" if you do I'll give you my bard's account info. :)

hatelore
01-13-2014, 09:58 PM

Do you even play this game? lol

QeynosDrunkard
01-13-2014, 09:59 PM
Show me where I mentioned "raid window" if you do I'll give you my bard's account info. :)

Cause player "Bardalicious" probably needs another bard

Derubael
01-13-2014, 10:02 PM
Kagatob, you know how drowning victims usually panic and flail around when they realize they are drowning, and actually make their situation worse by doing so?

You're that drowning victim. Just sit tight and wait for a lifeguard to come rescue you.

Shannacore
01-13-2014, 10:03 PM
Kagatob, you know how drowning victims usually panic and flail around when they realize they are drowning, and actually make their situation worse by doing so?

You're that drowning victim. Just sit tight and wait for a lifeguard to come rescue you.

lol'd

Bardalicious
01-13-2014, 10:08 PM
This thread provides so many lols.

Redstars
01-13-2014, 10:16 PM
I'm pretty interested in seeing what "creative" solutions the hardcore sides come up with to generate an advantage. They're always the best at thinking outside the box when it comes to gettin dem pixels.

god you're gay

QeynosDrunkard
01-13-2014, 10:22 PM

http://24.media.tumblr.com/984518928d0f73a2e72d308c1f38dffb/tumblr_mr6llq1hGH1r6syygo3_500.gif

Artaenc
01-13-2014, 10:24 PM
lol'd

Kagatob
01-13-2014, 10:28 PM

Not giving a rat's ass = flailing. Noted.

Kagatob
01-13-2014, 10:53 PM
Trouble in paradise? You've been uncharacteristically cuntish the last couple of days. Did your parents tell you to kick the leech living off their rent checks to the curb?

lol'd

Shannacore
01-13-2014, 11:03 PM
Trouble in paradise? You've been uncharacteristically cuntish the last couple of days. Did your parents tell you to kick the leech living off their rent checks to the curb?

wut

I bought a house last September, silly boy. My mother has never been able to aid me financially, unfortunately, and my dad passed a little over a year ago. ~independent lady earnin' my own thangs~

Ahldagor
01-13-2014, 11:10 PM
Not giving a rat's ass = http://i.eprci.net/stop-posting-fuck-me

Kagatob
01-13-2014, 11:13 PM
Stupid sexy Cirno.

Bardalicious
01-13-2014, 11:33 PM
^ reason #103 why Kagatob is a pedophile

Doors
01-13-2014, 11:36 PM
You do realize that isn't a real woman right.

Rhambuk
01-13-2014, 11:38 PM
Cirno.

Kerno?
Cheerno?
sireno?
churnoh?

Skittlez
01-13-2014, 11:42 PM

Lune
01-13-2014, 11:53 PM
ITT:

http://i.imgur.com/IaG5udK.gif

Kagatob
01-13-2014, 11:57 PM

You do realize that isn't a real woman right.

Kerno?
Cheerno?
sireno?
churnoh?

Stupid sexy Cirno.

Bardalicious
01-14-2014, 08:45 AM
I find it funny that Kagotub feels so threatened by nerds on elf sim trying to acquire pixels but yet he is sexually attracted to pixels shaped into the resemblance of school girls.

Self-hating pixel pedophile ya'll.

Kagatob
01-14-2014, 09:17 AM
Kagotub feels so threatened by nerds on elf sim

Wut

Still waiting.

Bardalicious
01-14-2014, 09:30 AM
Half of your posts are about the raiding scene when not a single person cares about your existance on these forums nor this game. You do not matter because you have never participated in the raiding system here which you so adamantly try to pretend you're relevant to.

As for the second part:

Why would I want another bard?
Why would I ever play a character that was owned by someone like you?

Mentioning direct features of the raid window system when you have no fucking clue that they don't exist here because you've never actually been a part of any raids. You literally owned yourself because Derubael baited you into spewing more of your retarded opinions at the benefit of our entertainment.

Kagatob
01-14-2014, 09:39 AM
Half of your posts are about the raiding scene when not a single person cares about your existance on these forums nor this game. You do not matter because you have never participated in the raiding system here which you so adamantly try to pretend you're relevant to.
Implying I care.
As for the second part:

Why would I want another bard?
Why would I ever play a character that was owned by someone like you?

Cause I totally said I'd strip the account. :rolleyes:

You are dumber with every post.

Mentioning direct features of the raid window system
Really? Really? That's the best you can come up with?
when you have no fucking clue that they don't exist here because you've never actually been a part of any raids.
Did we just jump topics again?

Bardalicious
01-14-2014, 09:54 AM