PDA

View Full Version : Questions for Nilbog + BDA

Geofizzle
01-14-2014, 11:36 AM
Hey man,

Just wondering why a GM-enforced raid rotation will help to classicize the server? Doesn't seem like that ever happened on live. You're the creator and leader of the server I'm wondering why you've been so silent?

Am I wrong in thinking that server staff has supported competition and variance for years now? What happened to change that overnight?

Also, where can I apply to this guild "Bregan D'Aerth" , I want the perks like Rogean and other GMs stopping in to chat every night. Seems like that's just another plus in this new raid environment to get on board with them. Someone point me in that direction where I can put in an app thanks!

Laok
01-14-2014, 11:39 AM
Tribunal had a rotation...

Geofizzle
01-14-2014, 11:41 AM
Was it GM enforced though? Pretty sure they were all player created.

arsenalpow
01-14-2014, 11:43 AM
I will personally handle your application. Go ahead and apply at bregan.guildlaunch.com

I can't wait to hook you up random hardcore manifesto troll

Thulack
01-14-2014, 11:43 AM
It's purpose wasn't to "Classicize" the server. It's purpose was to stop all the Bullshit that was called "raiding" here. Also i know GM's have come into our guild chat at times for things or just happen to be sitting in chat for hours and not realize it and randomly say something.

Laok
01-14-2014, 11:46 AM
We didn't need it to be GM enforced I guess. Do you think this server could have settled on a true rotation (no competition, its guild X's turn, everyone else, hands off) without intervention?

I'm so sick of the "It's not classic" mentality here. It's not classic. Kunark has been around too long. Too many guilds, not enough pie. Something needed to be done.

feanan
01-14-2014, 11:47 AM
GM's used to pop in to guild chat on live servers all the time...at least on my server. Most of them were pretty cool, and fun to chat with.

Raid scene here is nothing like classic. Never has been.

You sure do have a hard on for BDA though. Did Chest fuck your mom or something?

Geofizzle
01-14-2014, 11:50 AM
I will personally handle your application. Go ahead and apply at bregan.guildlaunch.com

Hey, thanks Chest! Can't wait to get those Class R Unit 2 Mobs 2x per week with only an 18.6 hour lockout before it becomes FFA but only if DA idols aren't used if u catch my drift. I support the 99%, and since BDA will be 99% of the server soon It's a no-brainer move.

...And if what's left of the hardcores mess w/ us, we can shoot a tell to Ambrotos or Rogean lolol its perfect I'm submitting an app now!

Kristian
01-14-2014, 11:51 AM
Server staff does support competition, that's why changes are being implemented. To, you know, actually have competition instead of the same neckbeards perma-camping all the bosses with box/alt armies and cock-blocking everyone else from content.

JackFlash
Yes, there were rotations on live. Yes, Rogean is cool. Yes, server staff didn't support a toxic raid scene. If you hadn't been under a rock "overnight" you would know all of this.

Also, you mad.

Exmo
You sure do have a hard on for BDA though. Did Chest fuck your mom or something?

Anthrax pissed in his Cheerios.

Geofizzle
GM's used to pop in to guild chat on live servers all the time...at least on my server. Most of them were pretty cool, and fun to chat with.

Raid scene here is nothing like classic. Never has been.

Hey, this thread's main goal was to propose some serious questions for Nilbog to answer. My own interest in joining BDA is secondary.

Erati
01-14-2014, 11:53 AM

holy shit the GUILD LEADER of BDA Chest himself replied to you Geofizzle !!!!! What an honor! Wow.

Hopefully things will work themselves out and you enjoy being a member of a Grade A guild!

Cheers!

Geofizzle
01-14-2014, 11:53 AM
Why are all these BDA attacking me? I love you guys! lol. This isn't all about you guys (although I wish it would be) , this thread is for Nilbog or other Server GM's to comment on.

myxomatosii
01-14-2014, 11:54 AM
Hey man,

Just wondering why a GM-enforced raid rotation will help to classicize the server? Doesn't seem like that ever happened on live. You're the creator and leader of the server I'm wondering why you've been so silent?

Am I wrong in thinking that server staff has supported competition and variance for years now? What happened to change that overnight?

Also, where can I apply to this guild "Bregan D'Aerth" , I want the perks like Rogean and other GMs stopping in to chat every night. Seems like that's just another plus in this new raid environment to get on board with them. Someone point me in that direction where I can put in an app thanks!

You should talk to Jarlaxle. Don't mind his baldness.

JackFlash
01-14-2014, 11:55 AM
Also, calling out Devs generally yields no response. You also included BDA in your post title. Are you surprised we responded? I'm not surprised nilbog didn't......

Geofizzle
01-14-2014, 11:57 AM
Also, calling out Devs generally yields no response. You also included BDA in your post title. Are you surprised we responded? I'm not surprised nilbog didn't......

Well give him some time lol just breathe its been 5 mins since I posted this thread. You seem uncomfortable just chill.

Daldaen
01-14-2014, 11:57 AM
Glad you took my advice.

Has 40ish posts, registered over a year ago. Not just some throw away troll account, it's one you let age and prosper. Unfortunately, 80% of your posts have been in the last month and 100% of them are about BDA or other casual guilds being bad. And 4 posts for your first year and a half being registered.

You have a long way to go before being a gosu troll.

I give you a 2/10 for effort. 0/10 for forethought.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
01-14-2014, 12:18 PM
To the dump with this thread.

Swish
01-14-2014, 12:23 PM
Hey man,

http://i.imgur.com/dnwIOMh.gif

Koota
01-14-2014, 12:40 PM
in b4 Aeolwind post

sanforce
01-14-2014, 12:45 PM
Rogean decided it was past time to fuck the server up, so these new rules were shoved down everyone's throat.

Aeolwind
01-14-2014, 12:50 PM

Emarr's started because of GM intervention. And a 2nd was enforced much later when Rallos Zek was the cock block to POTime. I wish I could find Tweety's rant. It was epic.

Rule was you could be cock blocked, hard, until you managed to beat the mob in question 1 time. Not many people had multiple accounts or characters at level to camp everywhere however, so that makes competition an 'experience' here. You couldn't be trained, KS'd, etc, as those resulted in bans for even attempting. Then, you got into the rotation.

Sometimes, we'd 'give' guilds a shot at our mob in a rotation when we were done with it. But that was rare. Only current expansion mobs that were tied to progression were privy to rotation. VS was in Kunark because of his lock on so many epics. Nagafen was rotated (in lieu of pickup raids) to top end guilds for Ragefire. Pickup raids/lower tier guilds had priority & would random off the camp to upper tier clerics that helped their pickup, or leave it FFA.

Hell, the trak and VS rotation stayed in place till after Omens of War on emarr?

Eunomia
01-14-2014, 12:56 PM
Rogean decided it was past time to fuck the server up, so these new rules were shoved down everyone's throat.

This may be Rants and Flames, But it is not a "Do whatever the hell you want' forum.

1. Attack or talk shit about the staff. IF you wanna participate in that then I suggest you do it in a forum where I am not a moderator.

I'm feeling very protective of Rogean right now. The guy works his ass off for this server.
I have watched you bad mouth him for over a week, and I'm done. You want to find out what powers I have been given? Let's find out...

Eunomia
01-14-2014, 01:00 PM
I'll give him a few min to view my post.

Fael
01-14-2014, 01:39 PM
autotune has a hard on for tyranny.

Dolic

Geofizzle
01-14-2014, 01:42 PM
Why the silence on the GMs part on this thread? These are legitimate questions. I mean we all know why the community who oppose this plan are silent lol... there's alot more people against this plan than you'd think, but they just can't say it. Welcome to rotation99.

Geofizzle
01-14-2014, 01:43 PM
Or at the very least GM99, because players stopped having control of anything about the direction this server goes in beyond this point.

Gaffin 3.0
01-14-2014, 01:43 PM

who were you on tribunal? :cool:

Gnomersy
01-14-2014, 03:42 PM
Emarr's started because of GM intervention.

Hell, the trak and VS rotation stayed in place till after Omens of War on emarr?

Emarr in the house!! Wut wut? Yeah magister had a stranglehold on the server for
A while.
7 months into POP there were pick ups successfully doing PoTime flagging events(Council,RZ,squid) worked out well for the server. One of the last servers to have to merge if I remember correctly.

Llodd
01-14-2014, 03:48 PM
Why the silence on the GMs part on this thread? These are legitimate questions. I mean we all know why the community who oppose this plan are silent lol... there's alot more people against this plan than you'd think, but they just can't say it. Welcome to rotation99.

Why would they reply to these stupid questions ?

JackFlash
01-14-2014, 03:59 PM
OP is either trolling or clueless. 3 pages > RnF........

Raavak
01-14-2014, 04:16 PM
Too much has changed for this to be a completely Classic server. But a lot of the "atmosphere" and content is Classic. You can't really go back in time...

Classic, besides no rotations, means no UI clients, no Ventrillo, 1 year between expansions, always a next expansion, slower computers and connections, no P99 wiki, no new players coming to a game already knowing how to play, more server outages, player overcrowding, Bill Clinton as president, Destiny's Child was still together, Britney Spears was still hot, cell phones were analog but you may have had a beeper anyway, Boris Yelstin was president of Russia (Putin first time sometime in 2000), Elián González was deported to Cuba, Slobodan Milošević ruled Serbia, International Space Station is initially inhabited, Bush defeats Gore after the hanging chads crap in Florida, and my hair didn't have any gray in it.

Babayaaga
01-14-2014, 04:56 PM

Why should they when it has all been covered in thousands of threads spanning the past several weeks? It's pretty obvious.

Sadad
01-14-2014, 05:22 PM
Or at the very least GM99, because players stopped having control of anything about the direction this server goes in beyond this point.

lol

Alarti0001
01-14-2014, 05:26 PM
I'll give him a few min to view my post.

Guineapig?

Geofizzle
01-14-2014, 05:58 PM
I'm enjoying the quoting and lols guys, but any chance of actually putting together some semblance of a retort? I'm getting quite bored here with the level of intelligence among trolls such as Sadad.

Hailto
01-14-2014, 06:07 PM
Yes, there were rotations on live. Yes, Rogean is cool. Yes, server staff didn't support a toxic raid scene. If you hadn't been under a rock "overnight" you would know all of this.

Also, you mad.

Rotations were the extreme minority.

Sadad
01-14-2014, 06:11 PM
I'm enjoying the quoting and lols guys, but any chance of actually putting together some semblance of a retort? I'm getting quite bored here with the level of intelligence among trolls such as Sadad.

Haha

Rhambuk
01-14-2014, 06:35 PM
Just wondering why a GM-enforced raid rotation will help to classicize the server?

because the raid scene is totally fucked and nothing close to classic.

Doesn't seem like that ever happened on live. You're the creator and leader of the server I'm wondering why you've been so silent?

It did happen.

he was silent for years watching the raid scene get completely fucked up hoping people could sort their shit out but unfortunately he had to intervene because kids can't share.

except there is no competition when 1 guild controls the entire raid scene and who gets to buy what loot.

This was far from happening overnight....

Blink
01-14-2014, 06:40 PM
Yes, server staff didn't support a toxic raid scene. If you hadn't been under a rock "overnight" you would know all of this.

http://i422.photobucket.com/albums/pp305/K9Thefirst1/TommyLeeJonesNotSureIfSerious_zpsb2fec297.jpg

Daldolma
01-14-2014, 06:53 PM
op pls stop being a virgin