Mezzmur
01-14-2014, 04:01 PM
http://i.imgur.com/KfIWsbc.jpg

Sirbanmelotz
01-14-2014, 04:01 PM
K

Elements
01-14-2014, 04:02 PM
Glad to see people are following "the spirit of the rule".

Fountree
01-14-2014, 04:03 PM
Raid scene fixed confirmed. Thanks Dad!

Tecmos Deception
01-14-2014, 04:03 PM
If TMO hadn't locked down VS for the last 2 years, do you think they'd still be sitting at ent to KC in force right now?

Gaffin 3.0
01-14-2014, 04:04 PM
damn europa going strong now? i been away from blue too long

Elements
01-14-2014, 04:05 PM
If TMO hadn't locked down VS for the last 2 years, do you think they'd still be sitting at ent to KC in force right now?

So we are justifying breaking "the spirit of the rule" now?

Mezzmur
01-14-2014, 04:07 PM
No worse than seeing my old guild and another doing the same exact thing on VS's spawn point.

That's the point. Nothings changed.

Fountree
01-14-2014, 04:08 PM
Lol stealin, as much as you hate TMO now and rail against hardcores on the boards now, I think we had max 3 in zone. Can you count brother?

Fountree
01-14-2014, 04:10 PM
Looks like they aren't standing on VS's spawn point, somethings changed.

Lol except for when VS used to be pulled to zone in. Don't forget about those times.

Mezzmur
01-14-2014, 04:10 PM
Looks like they aren't standing on VS's spawn point, somethings changed.

Fair enough. :p

Fountree
01-14-2014, 04:11 PM
I think that's Flippie's point lol, that nothings changed except some Robin Hood action. Cmon you're smarter than that...

Fountree
01-14-2014, 04:12 PM
Only difference is, these new guys are going to be sloppy and probably going to end up raid suspended when they try to rush through that zone in all the excitement.

Not my problem.

A non-hardcore raid guild suspended? When pigs fly lol will never happen.

Erati
01-14-2014, 04:17 PM
looks like a guild meeting to me

Origin
01-14-2014, 04:20 PM
What the fuck is this shit?

Raavak
01-14-2014, 04:22 PM
If TMO hadn't locked down VS for the last 2 years, do you think they'd still be sitting at ent to KC in force right now?TMO? I thought FE had it monopolized for a huge period of time, the respawns anyway. It maybe is the mob that TMO lost the most on, until the last months where BDA started getting most Voxs, Taken most Innys, FE most Sevs.

Heebo
01-14-2014, 04:22 PM
Just petition it in-game for Sirken to come and DT their entire guild.

The whole point was to decrease petitions. Sirken would not be amused.

Geofizzle
01-14-2014, 04:23 PM
Don't the rules say you cant Sock like that anymore? I know its "Not in the vicinity", but having 2 people in the vicinity and 30 people sitting 20 seconds away from the vicinity is the same as having all 30 of them sitting in the same room.

The whole point was to make the guilds race to the spawn, not have 6 guilds afk at the entrance of a zone lagging the fuck out of anyone who zones in, waiting for 1 person to call Pop. Also, if they pull VS to the entrance where all their people are, is that Socking, since the end result is a guild sitting where the mob will be pulled to for hours?

Hey, but its OK though its Europa and not those dirty raiders TMO/IB/FE LOLOL. So everythings fine. Don't worry guys, it'll pass. New era indeed.

/sarcasm off

Swifty
01-14-2014, 04:23 PM
The real question here is: When to Chest get of work, so the GMs can start the repop?

Swifty
01-14-2014, 04:24 PM
*dodo

Geofizzle
01-14-2014, 04:24 PM
I thought holding guilds to different standards was the point of this whole thing? Surely TMO could do this....*confused*

Pint
01-14-2014, 04:27 PM
i know im not supposed to support the sock but props to europa for fielding such a solid raid force, hope you guys clean up on some of those late night/early morning variance pops.

arsenalpow
01-14-2014, 04:39 PM
I'll be home soon so expect repops within the hour

Fuddwin
01-14-2014, 04:46 PM

But I'm at work for the next 2 hours... Pops can't happen when someone is at work.. That's just not fair...

Mezzmur
01-14-2014, 04:51 PM

Agree with Nosterp, can you ask to put it off for 2-3 hours so I can take a nap?

Elements
01-14-2014, 05:02 PM
Don't the rules say you cant Sock like that anymore? I know its "Not in the vicinity", but having 2 people in the vicinity and 30 people sitting 20 seconds away from the vicinity is the same as having all 30 of them sitting in the same room.

The whole point was to make the guilds race to the spawn, not have 6 guilds afk at the entrance of a zone lagging the fuck out of anyone who zones in, waiting for 1 person to call Pop. Also, if they pull VS to the entrance where all their people are, is that Socking, since the end result is a guild sitting where the mob will be pulled to for hours?

According to rogean over the past couple weeks variance would be reduced and extended variance removed if poopsocking was reduced or went away. Everyone can thank Europa when extended variance gets put back in and variance windows get increased back to several days instead of +/- 8 hours...

Alarti0001
01-14-2014, 05:10 PM

and so it begins... LOL

Alarti0001
01-14-2014, 05:11 PM
The real question here is: When to Chest get of work, so the GMs can start the repop?

Ask Bisch.

Ecguy
01-14-2014, 05:20 PM
You cannot stop the sock, short of making instances or tokens.

You'll just change the way it's done and who is able to participate based on the currently defined rule set. EQ's design in combination with the volume of capable players & rule set will dictate the way in which people compete for limited resources.

Elements
01-14-2014, 05:22 PM
You cannot stop the sock, short of making instances or tokens.

You'll just change the way it's done and who is able to participate based on the currently defined rule set. EQ's design in combination with the volume of capable players & rule set will dictate the way in which people compete for limited resources.

You can stop the sock. If the staff really wants people to stop and their new rules are intended to do that then they need to speak with socking guilds and let them know what is inappropriate since their new rules aren't being taken seriously.

Skywarp
01-14-2014, 05:30 PM
Even in live a guild would form up for a target if they had an idea of when it would spawn. This looks pretty classic to me. Poopsocking is for the walking dead.

Reguiy
01-14-2014, 05:33 PM
Even in live a guild would form up for a target if they had an idea of when it would spawn. This looks pretty classic to me. Poopsocking is for the walking dead.

Poopsocking is classic. Having a massive zerg force of nerds sitting at their computer ready to log in at a moment's notice is not classic. Both are pretty despicable if you ask me, but hey, that's EQ.

Geofizzle
01-14-2014, 05:56 PM
Poopsocking is classic. Having a massive zerg force of nerds sitting at their computer ready to log in at a moment's notice is not classic. Both are pretty despicable if you ask me, but hey, that's EQ.

Gone from "despicable" outright when TMO / FE or raid guild does it, to "hey thats just EQ" when other guilds begin to take advantage of rules. Classic.

arsenalpow
01-14-2014, 06:02 PM
had a lovely conversation with mazam (TMO) and Briac (Europa) and i think we'll sort this out

Ecguy
01-14-2014, 06:07 PM
You can stop the sock. If the staff really wants people to stop and their new rules are intended to do that then they need to speak with socking guilds and let them know what is inappropriate since their new rules aren't being taken seriously.

No you can't. If a guild is determined they'll simply operate at the boundary of the rules. I thought the current rule set said zone line is where people could hang out. No matter where that limit is set, people will be at that edge.

It's due to how the game is designed: severely limited supply that can't scale with demand.

Geofizzle
01-14-2014, 06:10 PM
No you can't. If a guild is determined they'll simply operate at the boundary of the rules. I thought the current rule set said zone line is where people could hang out. No matter where that limit is set, people will be at that edge.

It's due to how the game is designed: severely limited supply that can't scale with demand.

Nonsense. TMO was the only bad guild out there EVER according to my boys running this shit. No one else would have such childish motives like getting loot LOL U KIDDING WTF? GMs decreed that all guilds will get loot evenly so we are moving in the right direction. Soon we'll be a great server and community, cuz we never were before. Kinda like vanilla WoW or Final fantasy 14. RIGHT GUYS?

Elements
01-14-2014, 06:12 PM

not hang out, log out. reduced variance and removal of extended variance was supposed to be conditional on poopsocking being reduced or stopping.

Lammy
01-14-2014, 06:13 PM
And it's only the first day... lol

Reguiy
01-14-2014, 06:19 PM
Gone from "despicable" outright when TMO / FE or raid guild does it, to "hey thats just EQ" when other guilds begin to take advantage of rules. Classic.

l2 read ya moran

Llodd
01-14-2014, 06:28 PM
All our socks are clean, sorry fellas!

Grats TMO ;p

Artaenc
01-14-2014, 07:07 PM
If I was running this server I would shut it down one full week a month to save electricity until everyone shuts the hell up about the raid scene. There seems to be no end to crying and bitching.

Tasslehofp99
01-14-2014, 08:31 PM

This.

From KC ent to VS pit is like 200 /loc units.

Ecguy
01-14-2014, 09:36 PM
The entire concept becomes ridiculous and unenforceable if you try to make a rule other than zoneline being an acceptable logout location. Enforcement will be arbitrary.

It asinine to even debate the details of poopsocking. It's not the root problem, just a symptom.

Troubled
01-14-2014, 09:48 PM
had a lovely conversation with mazam (TMO) and Briac (Europa) and i think we'll sort this out

Pan
01-14-2014, 09:54 PM
Mellow out. They all logged. Nobody wants this shit - Europa included.

Give the new system some time to get kinks worked out and find its equilibrium. We'll all be saner for it.

Arteker
01-14-2014, 10:22 PM

lol of course everything in the name of the holy pixels.
so much drama so much blabla and we got this again hahaha . raid fixt my ass on fire:p

Estolcles
01-15-2014, 12:48 AM
Go Europa! *cheers his guild!*

Prismaticshop
01-15-2014, 03:59 AM
I think that's Flippie's point lol, that nothings changed except some Robin Hood action. Cmon you're smarter than that...

Look dude,

Your gathering of neckbeards called TMO got suspended 4 weeks and made it to frontpage with GMs pondering wether they were going to disband you for mass RMT and item duping.

Your ex leadership crashed in flames, the former scum such as Eccezan or Zeelot got demoted.

The truth is you should be happy to still be part of the raiding scene at all, you can thank your new leadership for that.

Raavak
01-15-2014, 10:13 AM
Or thank the GM's for realizing it was 3 guys and not an entire guild.

Daysprung
01-15-2014, 11:01 AM

Confirmed conspiracy theory. Repops within hour of Chest returning home.

hatelore
01-15-2014, 12:22 PM
Look dude,

Your gathering of neckbeards called TMO got suspended 4 weeks and made it to frontpage with GMs pondering wether they were going to disband you for mass RMT and item duping.

Your ex leadership crashed in flames, the former scum such as Eccezan or Zeelot got demoted.

The truth is you should be happy to still be part of the raiding scene at all, you can thank your new leadership for that.

^ nailed it.

arsenalpow
01-15-2014, 12:23 PM
Confirmed conspiracy theory. Repops within hour of Chest returning home.

I was actually in the middle of cooking dinner. It was quite inconvenient for me.

Funkutron5000
01-15-2014, 12:26 PM
All depends on what that dinner was.

arsenalpow
01-15-2014, 12:30 PM
All depends on what that dinner was.

Steak salad with a balsamic dressing and little feta crumbles. Steaks were seasoned and about to go in the pan.

hatelore
01-15-2014, 02:21 PM
Thats fuckin weaksauce, come to Texas and I'll bbq you a man's steak yo~ ballsmatic sauce, We don't even know how to pronouce that word down here!

Man0warr
01-15-2014, 02:25 PM
r u dumb hatelore

hatelore
01-15-2014, 02:58 PM
Is that a trick question?

Bruman
01-15-2014, 05:39 PM
ballsmatic sauce

lol, +1, like, would laugh again