PDA

View Full Version : Why multiplayer games are a waste of time

Rangerboy
01-16-2014, 03:11 PM
I love games, always have. I love the intellectual art and thought put into them. People always say games are a waste of time, which they are a form of time wasting, but not as long as you enjoy it right? Well, not any more, as years go by, the number of people cheating is getting out of control, at least it is becoming more visible to me. It has ruined every multiplier game out there now to the point where its no longer enjoyable. Whats the point of spending countless hours of a quest when people just hack the game and spawn the item for free. Whats the point of playing Call of Duty when people just shoot through walls and use aim bot, hell whats in it for them if they aren't even playing at that point. At least Project 1999 is free, because its pretty pathetic for people to pay $60 for a game filled with cheaters. I guess where im getting at, is that cheating has gotten so bad now, that the future of gaming might be single player games. Its just real sad that people who cheat have to ruin video games like this. I understand being a complete god of a game by hacking may have its temporary high, but how could that be enjoyable? Knowing that you suck at a game so bad that you cheat...pretty sad. I feel bad for the devs, trying to ban everyone caught, but even they know that cheaters are still there and ruining the game for others. So to all the cheaters out there, thank you for going beyond trolling, and absolutely ruining video games as we know it. You people are assholes.

Tenlaar
01-16-2014, 03:20 PM
Know what isn't a waste of time?

Spacing.

Pint
01-16-2014, 03:30 PM
well umm

Detoxx
01-16-2014, 03:47 PM
TMO all cheating scumbags! Off with their heads! (I just assume that's what this is about because people see 86 accounts banned, but don't understand that 2 people did it)

skipdog
01-16-2014, 03:49 PM
You sound like one of those old gamers who can't comprehend how he can get crushed so hard by the younger kids in first person shooters, so he resorts to a belief where 'everybody is hacking' so that he feels better about his poor skills.

I saw this a LOT in the old school Counter-Strike days. People just couldn't believe that you can 'shoot them through walls' without wallhacks. Oh you got lots of headshots? MUST BE AN AIMBOT!!!

I'm not saying there are no cheaters... but I'd be very surprised if you aren't regularly getting crushed by non-cheaters that you have simply decided in your head are 'hacker scum' when in fact, they are just far better than you.

Pint
01-16-2014, 03:53 PM
TMO all cheating scumbags! Off with their heads! (I just assume that's what this is about because people see 86 accounts banned, but don't understand that 2 people did it)

no you did it

Rangerboy
01-16-2014, 04:04 PM
no im not one of those "old players". You can literally see aimbot being used in the kill cam. Im not the best at the call of duty games, but i have like an overall 1.4 k/d or whatever. I know whos cheating and who isnt especially when they dont even try to hide it. I know what you mean though, those people who accuse everyone of aim bot...not sure if they are old though.

Reguiy
01-16-2014, 04:48 PM
I love games, always have. I love the intellectual art and thought put into them. People always say games are a waste of time, which they are a form of time wasting, but not as long as you enjoy it right? Well, not any more, as years go by, the number of people cheating is getting out of control, at least it is becoming more visible to me. It has ruined every multiplier game out there now to the point where its no longer enjoyable. Whats the point of spending countless hours of a quest when people just hack the game and spawn the item for free. Whats the point of playing Call of Duty when people just shoot through walls and use aim bot, hell whats in it for them if they aren't even playing at that point. At least Project 1999 is free, because its pretty pathetic for people to pay $60 for a game filled with cheaters. I guess where im getting at, is that cheating has gotten so bad now, that the future of gaming might be single player games. Its just real sad that people who cheat have to ruin video games like this. I understand being a complete god of a game by hacking may have its temporary high, but how could that be enjoyable? Knowing that you suck at a game so bad that you cheat...pretty sad. I feel bad for the devs, trying to ban everyone caught, but even they know that cheaters are still there and ruining the game for others. So to all the cheaters out there, thank you for going beyond trolling, and absolutely ruining video games as we know it. You people are assholes.

Rangerboy, this is MOBA. MOBA, this is Rangerboy. Now Rangerboy, play nice with MOBA because he's gonna be around a while, and he's much bigger than anything you've ever seen before.

Raavak
01-16-2014, 04:56 PM
Splitting separate ideas into paragraphs is also a waste of time.

Fael
01-16-2014, 06:25 PM
other peoples cheating has not effected me on p99 at all, never in two years or so.

I've never seen someone cheat, period. Actually i did see that bouncer get caught by a kicked from the server when he was in my group but thats it. It was however rampant in classic eq. I remember getting tracked by wizards and necros using show eq all the time in the large velious zones back on sullon zek. Also on discord server we ran into some speed hacks.

Anyways. Quit crying. Or post screenshots of this alleged conduct on this server.
Its pretty damn clean all things considered.

Dolic

Gaffin 3.0
01-16-2014, 06:26 PM
tldr op is a retard

Pico
01-16-2014, 07:11 PM
ultimately i will continue to play video games until my pubis is broken and shriveled but

doeda
01-16-2014, 07:18 PM
tldr op is a retard

Eternos
01-16-2014, 07:32 PM
Rangerboy you're in the right.

phacemeltar
01-16-2014, 07:34 PM
People just couldn't believe that you can 'shoot them through walls' without wallhacks. Oh you got lots of headshots? MUST BE AN AIMBOT!!!

some real-life guns can shoot through walls

Derubael
01-16-2014, 07:45 PM
Splitting separate ideas into paragraphs is also a waste of time.

Paragraphs are A+.

Also, I remember back in counter-strike beta and early release, when you tracked and killed someone through a wall by listening to their footsteps, you'd often get kicked/banned or called a hacker. That was good times. Hold shift, scrublets.

YendorLootmonkey
01-16-2014, 08:15 PM
Also, I remember back in counter-strike beta and early release, when you tracked and killed someone through a wall by listening to their footsteps, you'd often get kicked/banned or called a hacker. That was good times. Hold shift, scrublets.

Shit, I remember when I used to get accused of hacking in Pong, ya young whippersnapper.

http://i.imgur.com/W5DMDT2.jpg

Derubael
01-16-2014, 08:21 PM
please turn off macropaddle2 or risk the banning of your pong account, thanks.

Nuggie
01-16-2014, 08:31 PM
Damn Yendor, you old.

radditsu
01-16-2014, 08:34 PM
Shit, I remember when I used to get accused of hacking in Pong, ya young whippersnapper.

http://i.imgur.com/W5DMDT2.jpg

Red foreman?
http://hackaday.com/2013/01/28/tv-show-inspires-this-smaller-pong-paddles-hardware-hack/

Gaffin 3.0
01-16-2014, 09:09 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIHqyfewiCg

radditsu
01-16-2014, 09:11 PM
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qY2AqKCpGkk

Gaffin 3.0
01-16-2014, 09:17 PM
i used to get so fucking pissed at e.t my brain didnt understand it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Bn192kSsMw

Champion_Standing
01-17-2014, 10:09 PM
Everything is a waste of time

Lojik
01-17-2014, 11:21 PM
Twitch multiplayer games like COD or WB...you're not good yet unless people start accusing you of cheating.

runlvlzero
01-17-2014, 11:32 PM
You should come play on Red Server, were we have multiplayer banning instead of gaming. Shits next level. Rules are based on outside of game events.

twubbles
01-19-2014, 05:15 PM
why people are responding to a copypasta lifted from encyclopedia dramatica is beyond me.

myriverse
01-19-2014, 05:43 PM
Yeah, I don't let what other people do affect my fun, unless the effects are direct.

Cheat? Whatever... Yes, it does hurt the game on some level, but not the level in which my fun exists. I just keep my orifices clean and go about my way.

fishingme
01-20-2014, 11:00 AM
no im not one of those "old players". You can literally see aimbot being used in the kill cam. Im not the best at the call of duty games, but i have like an overall 1.4 k/d or whatever. I know whos cheating and who isnt especially when they dont even try to hide it. I know what you mean though, those people who accuse everyone of aim bot...not sure if they are old though.

I've got a 3.2k/d ratio, can definitely tell ya when people are cheating. Played a few games last night after getting 60kills/11deaths on hijacked, then the next map slums that i consider myself to be better at i got completely decimated, 23kills 39 deaths. Shit was fcuked

Rangerboy
02-07-2014, 09:46 AM
I guess I have a question on a type of cheating. Ive seen people get some sort of unlimited kill steak reward cheat where they just keep calling in stuff. watch it on theatre mode and they dont even kill anyone, they just call it in...how does that happen!?

drktmplr12
02-07-2014, 12:19 PM
I love games, always have. I love the intellectual art and thought put into them.

People always say games are a waste of time, which they are a form of time wasting, but not as long as you enjoy it right? Well, not any more, as years go by, the number of people cheating is getting out of control, at least it is becoming more visible to me.

It has ruined every multiplier game out there now to the point where its no longer enjoyable. Whats the point of spending countless hours of a quest when people just hack the game and spawn the item for free? Whats the point of playing Call of Duty when people just shoot through walls and use aim bot, hell whats in it for them if they aren't even playing at that point?

At least Project 1999 is free, because its pretty pathetic for people to pay $60 for a game filled with cheaters. I guess where im getting at, is that cheating has gotten so bad now, that the future of gaming might be single player games. Its just real sad that people who cheat have to ruin video games like this.

I understand being a complete god of a game by hacking may have its temporary high, but how could that be enjoyable? Knowing that you suck at a game so bad that you cheat...pretty sad. I feel bad for the devs, trying to ban everyone caught, but even they know that cheaters are still there and ruining the game for others. So to all the cheaters out there, thank you for going beyond trolling, and absolutely ruining video games as we know it. You people are assholes.

ftfy