PDA

View Full Version : Patch Notes: Saturday, January 18th, 2014

Rogean
01-18-2014, 10:12 AM
This patch contains new required files. Download and extract the Project 1999 Files (V31) (http://www.project1999.com/files/P99Files31.zip) to your EQ Titanium Directory.

Code

Rogean: Simulated Patch Day Respawns will now respawn all non-raid mobs approximately 2 minutes after broadcast.
Kanras: (all) npcs can innately proc on attacks. This isn't limited to kick and bash. Theoretically, they can proc innates on contact hits.
Kanras: Death Touch no longer requires LOS.
Kanras: Low hp aggro when kiting works differently than before.
Alecta: Players should see significantly less ghosting when people shadow step, intra-zone gate, and intra-zone port.

Content

Nilbog: Cros Treewind has been killed by the Defiled Grizzly. The grizzly may rarely been found roaming Qeynos Hills until Velious is released. (Fixed from last patch)
Nilbog: Trivial levels for large and small banded match that of medium banded.
Nilbog: Regent Symbol of Innoruuk deity restriction is no longer agnostic. (Fixed from last patch)
Nilbog: All weapon procrate mods set to zero.
Nilbog: Nightmares of fearplane may now carry Wands of Darkness.
Nilbog: Tiny Miller has dialogue.
Nilbog: Trivial levels increased for small sewing kit and fier'dal sewing kit.
Nilbog: Yuin Starchaser, Alladria Skyetcher, Bedida Claygrinder, Feraniel Leafsway, and Serenica Greenfinger, Aliafya Mistrunner, Josylyn Greenblade, Samatansyn Flamecaller, Sarialiyn Tranquilsong, Tilania Shadowwalker, and Lukas Hergo no longer spawn.
Nilbog: Rocthar Bekesna no longer discusses future quests.
Nilbog: Sharin Denuen now sells Vial of Swirling Smoke
Nilbog: 2 missing racnar spawns have been added to Veeshan's Peak.
Nilbog: Added the chance (rarely) for Sarnak Earring of Station and other rare sarnak items to drop from appropriate npcs in Dalnir.
Nilbog: South Karana raiders spawn chance and loot drops corrected.
Nilbog: Kaesora: Named spider spawns corrected and several missing spawns added. Resolved an issue with necromancer class spiders not casting necro spells.
Nilbog: Corrected an issue with Raster of Guk's script. Please report additional problems if encountered.
Nilbog: Brother Nallin of North Karana will now cure poison and disease upon request and components. (Indifferent or better faction)
Nilbog: Lord Grimrot: There is a greater chance of encountering the living and undead versions of Grimrot. The respawn time has increased to 3.2 hours.
Nilbog: Corrected merchant lists of all vendors in Rathe Mountains.
Nilbog: Implemented classic default bind locations for all races.
Nilbog: Added missing elven dancers and lava drakes to Veeshan's Peak. Removed some misplaced racnars. Lava drakes now cast spells.
Nilbog: Rewrote Pyzjn script in Qeynos Hills. She now only spawns at night and has definitive spawn % chances.
Nilbog: Rewrote South Ro Ancient Cyclops script. He now only spawns at night with definitive spawn % chances. Previously only spawning in one location, the AC now will be random in the desert area.
Nilbog: Rewrote Bilge Farfathom script. He now spawns in more random locations and has different pathing. Decreased respawn time of phs.
Nilbog: Players may no longer target wandering rare placeholders with /tar #
Nilbog: Decreased respawn time of common npcs in Dagnor's Cauldron.
Nilbog: Ganelorn's quests now give experience.
Nilbog: Starr Dreamspinner now has a loottable. Starr and Storm may now drop Raw-Hide.
Nilbog: Corrected a zone line issue between Emerald Jungle/Trakanon. Players should no longer zone into a wall.
Nilbog: Corrected a geometry issue by the Kaesora entrance in fieldofbone that allowed players to get beneath the intended Z axis.
Nilbog: lava crawlers now cast SnakeEleFireBurst instead of poison.
Nilbog: Bearskin Potion Bag may no longer be used to combine normal Alchemy recipes. It should only function to combine 5 and 10 dose potions.
Nilbog: Cynthia's quest in rathemtn is now multiquestable. Updated her quest text.
Nilbog: Teir`Dal Chainmail Sleeves recipe now exists.
Nilbog: increased Venril Sathir's deadly lifetap proc chance from 36%->50%.
Nilbog: lhranc - spectral iksar form is a shadowknight that casts spells. human form is now a shadowknight, but doesn't cast spells. Greatly increased the proc chance of Soul Devour. Increased HP/MR. Removed his helm/made him larger.
Sundawg: A couple dozen factionless NPCs have been assigned a faction.
Sundawg: Adjusted some quest faction in Toxxulia Forest and Erudin.
Sundawg: Thomas in the Rathe Mountains has placed all the gathered paladins there under his personal protection. Beware, his power has increased.
Sundawg: Drayen Blackguard will no longer spawn.
Sundawg: Basilisks in the Rathe Mountains will now scowl at passers by, but not initiate attacks.

Tiladas
01-18-2014, 10:17 AM
o man

s1ckness
01-18-2014, 10:23 AM
when is this happening?

myriverse
01-18-2014, 10:27 AM
Happening now.

Itap
sweet

Nilbog: All weapon procrate mods set to zero

bye bye barbarian hammer

Lemiddar
/tar# gone?
/mourn

Swish
01-18-2014, 10:28 AM
Nilbog: Yuin Starchaser, Alladria Skyetcher, Bedida Claygrinder, Feraniel Leafsway, and Serenica Greenfinger, Aliafya Mistrunner, Josylyn Greenblade, Samatansyn Flamecaller, Sarialiyn Tranquilsong, Tilania Shadowwalker, and Lukas Hergo no longer spawn.

For all you 50ish soloing necros out there, pulling the 2 guards in the back end of Felwithe just got easier without Yuin randomly adding occasionally ;)

Korben
01-18-2014, 10:31 AM
Nilbog: Rewrote South Ro Ancient Cyclops script. He now only spawns at night with definitive spawn % chances. Previously only spawning in one location, the AC now will be random in the desert area.

WTS Jboot MQ 12k

Necrostoner
01-18-2014, 10:32 AM
^^^ this

Itap
01-18-2014, 10:32 AM
WTS Jboot MQ 12k

naw

Not a camp, wandering mob

Sirken
01-18-2014, 10:34 AM
A+

Shiverwind
01-18-2014, 10:36 AM
how long is down time expected to be?

Sirken
01-18-2014, 10:37 AM
how long is down time expected to be?

this many

Sirelk
01-18-2014, 10:45 AM
this many

---> this long <-----

-----> this long if problems <------------

tristantio
01-18-2014, 10:46 AM
Weapon procrate mods set to 0 - does this just mean all the weapons have a lesser chance of procing?

Are all of them proc per minute still?

I see all the snares changed in spells_us.txt - what was updated on snares?

Purdee
01-18-2014, 10:48 AM
Weapon procrate mods set to 0 - does this just mean all the weapons have a lesser chance of procing?

Wondering this myself, weapons like RMOYs were thought to have a higher proc rate....no longer the case?

Calabee
01-18-2014, 10:48 AM
levi cloaks just got a higher pricing, proccing wpns got a whole lot less useful, nothing for bards yet again :D

Mortiis
01-18-2014, 10:49 AM
with the zip files, do we just replace everything in the directory?

dethbringre
01-18-2014, 10:50 AM
with the zip files, do we just replace everything in the directory?

I just download and extract to directory, then replace all

Mortiis
01-18-2014, 10:50 AM
Thanks.

Pudge
01-18-2014, 10:57 AM
Where are Alecta's PvP changes? :(

A number are listed as completed in his bug forum post

Rogean
01-18-2014, 10:58 AM
Where are Alecta's PvP changes? :(

A number are listed as completed in his bug forum post

If he committed, it's there.

Daldaen
01-18-2014, 11:04 AM
Nilbog: Rewrote Bilge Farfathom script. He now spawns in more random locations and has different pathing. Decreased respawn time of phs.

No :(. I miss his old script already. Got a Reed Belt from him just 30 minutes ago too :/.

Hydroponic
01-18-2014, 11:10 AM
Nilbog: Rewrote Pyzjn script in Qeynos Hills. She now only spawns at night and has definitive spawn % chances.
Nilbog: Rewrote South Ro Ancient Cyclops script. He now only spawns at night with definitive spawn % chances.

Can anyone explain what definitive spawn % chance is?

Korben
01-18-2014, 11:11 AM
So my action bar is now 2 wide, 5 tall.. instead of 1 tall, 10 wide.

Incubo
01-18-2014, 11:12 AM
Nerfed my UI !!!

Mortiis
01-18-2014, 11:15 AM
Nerfed my UI !!!

Same, my spell bar icons have nice black squares

contemptor
01-18-2014, 11:19 AM
same

Ele
01-18-2014, 11:19 AM
Can't wait to see the new vs

contemptor
01-18-2014, 11:23 AM
Did OT crash? Me and buddy are in vent, both hammered, both crashed. Logged back in, and we both crashed again. Then when I tried to log in again, I got you have reached an IP limit character. I'm the only one at my apt atm, so heh. Trying all on the same char btw.

Pudge
01-18-2014, 11:23 AM
UI is allowed to be custom. just don't copy/paste the ones in this zip over

neghtheo
01-18-2014, 11:27 AM
Did OT crash? Me and buddy are in vent, both hammered, both crashed. Logged back in, and we both crashed again. Then when I tried to log in again, I got you have reached an IP limit character. I'm the only one at my apt atm, so heh. Trying all on the same char btw.

Yeah it won't let me connect to OT as well. Logged out there on my main, keeps disconnecting me right before loading finishes.

diamondfist
01-18-2014, 11:28 AM

Why were weapons which had increased procrate mods set to zero? there are weapons that had higher proc rates purposefully even in classic/kurnark/velious. it wasnt something after the fact i can name several of them i parsed back in the day. One of which had a 250% proc rate!

Handull
01-18-2014, 11:30 AM
Rogean: Simulated Patch Day Respawns will now respawn all non-raid mobs approximately 2 minutes after broadcast.

does this mean OOA will depop or depop and instantly repop if he is up on a simulated patch? (I think it would be best if he was just left alone) the mechanics here effects the current PnP regarding Dojo. thanks.

SamwiseRed
01-18-2014, 11:30 AM
Erudin faction changed eh? Intredasting

contemptor
01-18-2014, 11:32 AM
Yeah it won't let me connect to OT as well. Logged out there on my main, keeps disconnecting me right before loading finishes.
3-4 tries later, still anda. assume zone is down?

Proven Guilty
01-18-2014, 11:37 AM
3-4 tries later, still anda. assume zone is down?

I camped in OT last night at SF ramp and I cannot log in right now. Confirming OT is down.

Proven Guilty
01-18-2014, 11:41 AM
Confirmed, OT instantly fixed. Thank you guys!

contemptor
01-18-2014, 11:41 AM
I've crashed probably ~7 times so far, not all OT. Most are the client crash error. Crashed logging to WC I believe, as well as just camping while in WC.

tristantio
01-18-2014, 11:42 AM
The new launcher/patcher I'm working on http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133468 has been updated to work with this patch set (as of this post).

dethbringre
Why is it that every time I patch the game my UI becomes all screwed up? my horizontal hotbars go to a funky 2x6 thing thats vertical. I have to copy everything but the uifiles folder and it works fine then? Is this something on my side?

contemptor
Confirmed, OT instantly fixed. Thank you guys!
Confirmed, able to log into OT now

tristantio
01-18-2014, 11:44 AM
Will there ever be a compiled list of supported downloads such as the new spell particle effects changes, armor texture fixes (black particle/area stuff), and other minor changes?

Ones that other people worked on, but the staff supports as being safe files and actual working fixes.

When I get around to it, this will be in the launcher/patcher I've put together as simple "install" clicks or checkboxes to include in your copy when you click Patch Game (it will take care of downloading and placing files where needed etc.).

Hopefully if everyone (player/staff) likes it, it will be officially endorsed :)

Utmost
01-18-2014, 11:45 AM
I want my horizontal button bars back :(

edit: well 2 horizontal, 2 vertical

dethbringre
01-18-2014, 11:49 AM

YES how do you do this?

Handull
01-18-2014, 11:50 AM

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1264184&postcount=6

contemptor
01-18-2014, 11:51 AM
Yeah, confirmed I'm getting wayyyy more crashes than normal. The "Everquest has detected that your client may have crashed" error. Gotten it repeatedly, including while camping, regardless of zone.

Edit- and again. Happening about every camp.
edit2- and again.

tristantio
01-18-2014, 11:51 AM
Why is it that every time I patch the game my UI becomes all screwed up? my horizontal hotbars go to a funky 2x6 thing thats vertical. I have to copy everything but the uifiles folder and it works fine then? Is this something on my side?

Its because the patchset has the default UI files that are overwriting your custom changes.

If you use the launcher I made, it puts backups in the backup directory under UIFiles (so you can manually copy back out and restore)

Handull
01-18-2014, 11:54 AM

a fix for this would be to take the UI you like and copy it into a folder "myfavoriteui" and load that in game. then if the default UI is ever patched, it wont effect your ui.

Utmost
01-18-2014, 12:13 PM
http://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1264184&postcount=6

Tyvm

Clark
01-18-2014, 12:29 PM
Can we get an official patcher back up for Christ sake plz Rogean.

Thulack
01-18-2014, 12:33 PM
Can we get an official patcher back up for Christ sake plz Rogean.

Is it really that hard to do:

1. Click link at top of first post.
2. Hit open with(winzip or 7zip or whatever you use)
3. Once it opens hit extract to.
4. Find your EQ folder and hit extract.
5. Click Yes to all for overwrites.

tjstheiii
01-18-2014, 12:34 PM
Someone should probably update the install guide patch link (where everyone goes when the game tells they they need to patch).

Hydroponic
01-18-2014, 12:55 PM
Nilbog: Rewrote South Ro Ancient Cyclops script. He now only spawns at night with definitive spawn % chances.

Can anyone explain what definitive spawn % chance is? Does this mean there are no placeholders and the mobs just have a certain % chance to spawn each night? I have not found this wording anywhere else on the site so I am a bit confused.

Pullyn
01-18-2014, 01:02 PM
Code
Kanras: Death Touch no longer requires LOS.

So pretty much when pulling any mob that DT's I will get smoked regardless of whether the mob can see me or not? What's up with that?

Allheart
01-18-2014, 01:05 PM
Is it really that hard to do:

1. Click link at top of first post.
2. Hit open with(winzip or 7zip or whatever you use)
3. Once it opens hit extract to.
4. Find your EQ folder and hit extract.
5. Click Yes to all for overwrites.

Thanks man :). I'm sure I would have got it but this made the process quicker for me. I'd give you reps if I could.

Ambrotos
01-18-2014, 01:16 PM
So pretty much when pulling any mob that DT's I will get smoked regardless of whether the mob can see me or not? What's up with that?

Ya really. Why would gods in their own planes have the ability to death touch? I mean if I am hiding around a wall, the god shouldn't be able to use godly powers on me.:rolleyes:

Bodybagger
01-18-2014, 01:27 PM
I am completely computer illiterate... I used the easy installed kit to get the game running last week... my game is now dead. Someone please save me. I can't find my p99 directory to do it the way listed above... I clicked on the p99 folder and it disappeared from the list of programs... I know that sounds stupid but it happened and I haven't seen it since. Will that easy install tool be adapted to make it work again? Please help me get my EQ back... I have only had it for a week, and the weekend is here finally and I am missing my play time!!!

Tresajer
Anyone else having trouble with new files, I've downloaded and extracted the files 3 or 4 times. Log into server and telling em I need the update. Anyone have any suggestions?

Pullyn
Lol, last time I checked the word touch generally implies some sort of contact other than fuck you for being in the zone. Im curious to see how this works with Inny generally aggroing you through walls and floors running down.

Tresajer
01-18-2014, 01:29 PM
Forget my last post, I'm a jerk and extracted into wrong Directory. Thanks anyways everyone.

zanderklocke
01-18-2014, 01:32 PM
RIP Quillmane camp.

Hmm...apparently my old Quillmane guide thread is closed, so I cannot edit out the /tar # sign part.

insandjis
01-18-2014, 01:38 PM
So...when I click link to download file, I get an error box saying it cant be downloaded, and if I click retry IE crashes. Any ideas?

rizzen2000
01-18-2014, 01:40 PM
Was low hp bard kiting nerfed? It appears the person with low hp no longer holds agro.

JackFlash
01-18-2014, 01:56 PM
A+ patch!

ccs88
01-18-2014, 01:59 PM
Modified the patch so it won't mess your UI up:

http://www.eq101.org/patch.html

Everything else is 100% the same.

Cricketbug121
01-18-2014, 01:59 PM
Can anyone explain what definitive spawn % chance is? Does this mean there are no placeholders and the mobs just have a certain % chance to spawn each night? I have not found this wording anywhere else on the site so I am a bit confused.

This is confusing to me too. Can anyone elaborate?

Sarius
01-18-2014, 02:07 PM
Modified the patch so it won't mess your UI up:

http://www.eq101.org/patch.html

Everything else is 100% the same.

It's too late for me!!

I had two 1x10 horizontal hot bars, now I only have one 2x5 vertical one. Can somebody please post a definitive way that I can fix this? I am terrible with computers!!

planarity
01-18-2014, 02:22 PM
So...when I click link to download file, I get an error box saying it cant be downloaded, and if I click retry IE crashes. Any ideas?

Use a real browser? >.<

Hydroponic
01-18-2014, 02:27 PM
Use a real browser? >.<

blondeattk
01-18-2014, 02:30 PM
`All weapon procrate mods set to zero`

seems rather pointless change.

/boggle

phacemeltar
01-18-2014, 03:08 PM
ive installed patch multiple times now, and i still keep getting the outdated spell file char select screen. help?

Merekai
01-18-2014, 04:23 PM
I am glad they made the change to the AC in Sro...whenever I found him wandering on live way back in the day I remember him being all over the place not in that one little spot.

Derubael
01-18-2014, 05:09 PM
this patch is amazing. I had a large grin on my face when I found out what was going into it. Have fun with classic VS. Among other classic changes :)

Krazl
01-18-2014, 05:25 PM
For those of you having UI problems, if you don't have a backup (like me) you can download them again from this thread:

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11949

Personally I used the default_old first link, ignoring the second, and the rounded classic icons.

The only thing that is wrong now is I have a depths of darkhollow login screen - which I successfully changed by deleting the EQLS background and renaming the EQLS_classic_background_01 through 06 to background.

This fixed all of my problems except now when I'm at the login screen I still have the buttons and text entry areas from depths of darkhollow and not the original.

Anyone have any idea how to fix that?

JayFiveAlive
01-18-2014, 05:51 PM
Anyone else notice Swarming is jacked up? Low-hp aggro no longer working. Is that intended? :P

Technique
01-18-2014, 05:53 PM
`All weapon procrate mods set to zero`

seems rather pointless change.

/boggleThe mission statement of this server is to provide a classic EQ experience.

Procrate bonuses didn't exist in classic EQ, so they were removed.

Making a veiled complaint about this fact is what's rather pointless.

Haynar
01-18-2014, 06:05 PM
Making a veiled complaint about this fact is what's rather pointless.
Didn't seem so veiled.

The complaint was pointless, so you are right on there.

I like the idea of forcing zone times to take 1 1/2 to 2 minutes. Thats classic.

H

nilbog
01-18-2014, 06:13 PM
Was low hp bard kiting nerfed? It appears the person with low hp no longer holds agro.

It was changed, yes. Adding to OP.

Unidus
01-18-2014, 06:59 PM

LOL time for you scrubs to find groups like real bards now.

Pheer
01-18-2014, 07:12 PM

Since some things went through without being added to notes then Im assuming the difficulty increases to Lhranc went through also?

nilbog
01-18-2014, 07:17 PM
Since some things went through without being added to notes then Im assuming the difficulty increases to Lhranc went through also?

Correct. Added to OP.

SamwiseRed
01-18-2014, 07:19 PM
Pras. A lot of bards are gonna find out the have more than 4 songs

imajester
01-18-2014, 07:58 PM
Thank you for the low HP kiting changes, it was badly needed.

zanderklocke
01-18-2014, 08:04 PM

Amen

sanforce
01-18-2014, 08:07 PM
Thanks for letting me get 60 and then nerfing low hp kiting .

Hailto
01-18-2014, 08:48 PM
I keep getting "error in your gui xml files" after installing this, any ideas?

frantz256255
01-18-2014, 09:20 PM
What happen, i didnt see my characters for my account and the account of my friend.....

Its ok now, i just reboot my computer, but i hate the hotbutton bar, so i m gonna change it with eqinterface.com

Ambrotos
01-18-2014, 09:26 PM
You need to update the spell files.

nilbog
01-18-2014, 10:45 PM
Also unmentioned, Rogean and Haynar did some packet work re: Trakanon's Teeth with this patch. From what I understand, players previously having desync issues aren't noticing them anymore. I encourage players to visit the zone and report their findings.

Sarius
01-18-2014, 11:59 PM
Also unmentioned, Rogean and Haynar did some packet work re: Trakanon's Teeth with this patch. From what I understand, players previously having desync issues aren't noticing them anymore. I encourage players to visit the zone and report their findings.

Thanks! I really hope that you guys were able to lock this down, I'm tired of seeing the Aussies complain!

Kaleadar
01-19-2014, 12:06 AM
Are the spell files in this patch from Telin's work? I just want to make sure because he has done wonderful work. If not I to make sure I redownload and install his.

snwbrdr642
01-19-2014, 01:27 AM

yeah this happens to me every time i patch go here and redownload the default UI, the p99 UI patch andddd w/e spell icons u use.

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11949

snwbrdr642
01-19-2014, 01:43 AM
anyone know what the weapon proc mod being reset to 0 means?

Darksinga
01-19-2014, 02:33 AM
Nilbog:[/B] Cros Treewind has been killed by the Defiled Grizzly. The grizzly may rarely been found roaming Qeynos Hills until Velious is released.

Devs way of saying velious is two months away??

Shamen
01-19-2014, 04:54 AM
I was hoping the Iksar alchemy vendor in west Cabilis would get added, but no :-( again!

Why not? Its been ages :-(

Derubael you need to look into this as I smell anti Iksar racism all over this :-(

Sad panda

Buriedpast
01-19-2014, 05:02 AM
I'll try out TT later without wire shark on a few comps and internet connections from the Middle East. Appreciate it.

Wudan
01-19-2014, 05:04 AM
use this thread http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11949 to fix your UI problems.

snooppy88
01-19-2014, 10:34 AM
8 of 8 tries in TT from singapore. no desync, perfect and well done!~

Thulack
01-19-2014, 10:38 AM
I was hoping the Iksar alchemy vendor in west Cabilis would get added, but no :-( again!

Why not? Its been ages :-(

Derubael you need to look into this as I smell anti Iksar racism all over this :-(

Sad panda

cause alchemy vendor wasnt put in Cabilis til later on.

Thulack
01-19-2014, 10:39 AM
anyone know what the weapon proc mod being reset to 0 means?

It means that the few weapons in the game that had weapon proc mods(meaning they proc more often then other weapons) removed.

Shamen
01-19-2014, 01:13 PM
cause alchemy vendor wasnt put in Cabilis til later on.

Im afraid we have passed this "later on" about 2 years ago, not adding him simply because now was not its turn in the line of patches just does not make any sense to me :-(

Nothing is classic about the patching timeline so I see no reason why this injustice should not be removed.

Aviann
01-19-2014, 02:14 PM
Im afraid we have passed this "later on" about 2 years ago, not adding him simply because now was not its turn in the line of patches just does not make any sense to me :-(

Nothing is classic about the patching timeline so I see no reason why this injustice should not be removed.

Was it added before Velious?

Spacebar
01-20-2014, 05:53 AM
Loving this TT fix :) Now i just need to get my monk his Seb key

Wokchop
01-20-2014, 06:47 AM

For the first time I can now log in to TT and not go LD in 5 secs :) Have been in the zone 20 mins now and all is good. Thank you Nilbog, Rogen and the rest of the P99 team.:)

Wokchop
01-20-2014, 06:51 AM
And a big thx to Haynar :)

Kukri Katar
01-20-2014, 02:54 PM
I keep getting "error in your gui xml files" after installing this, any ideas?

This is the same issue I'm having. Any suggestions?

phacemeltar
01-20-2014, 06:55 PM
This is the same issue I'm having. Any suggestions?

anyone having this issue, you need to revert your old UI. if you do not have the original files backed up, you can change the name of the default UI in install directory/EQ/uifiles to something arbitrary, then change default_old to default. this should make your game boot up as normal, sans UI tweaks.

ieai
01-21-2014, 08:31 PM
Seriously? Bard kiting nerfed THIS hard? The whole point I rolled a bard was because I loved that part of the classic game. I am in disbelief that it would be consciously ruined like this.

Please revert.

Krimzon
01-22-2014, 12:29 AM
ugh... this patch isn't working. i've tried extracting the files plenty of times, and now i get to the login saying "this zone is unavailable".

Help?

Krimzon
01-22-2014, 06:22 AM
Nevermind!

Got it working!

All is well again :D

baalzy
01-22-2014, 02:18 PM
Seriously? Bard kiting nerfed THIS hard? The whole point I rolled a bard was because I loved that part of the classic game. I am in disbelief that it would be consciously ruined like this.

Please revert.

Bards kited to 55 or higher pretty easily without using low HP.

Saw it happen all the time in Burning Woods shortly after kunark first landed.

Steveyd
01-22-2014, 10:08 PM
HUGE thankyou for the TT fix!

Zemgarr
01-26-2014, 02:58 PM
:confused: What aobout Velious ?!

webrunner5
01-26-2014, 03:16 PM
:confused: What aobout Velious ?!

Oh that ought to speed it up fast as hell. :o

Drakkyn
01-27-2014, 12:40 PM
I am not able to download the files found here : http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2651

the files get a network error before they complete. is there any other download location ?

baalzy
01-27-2014, 01:23 PM
I am not able to download the files found here : http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2651

the files get a network error before they complete. is there any other download location ?

Are you getting a bad gateway error? If so, are you running adblock in Chrome or something? If so, try opening it in incognito mode (for some reason my adblock causes lots of bad gateway errors so I end up running the forums incognito).

Drakkyn
01-27-2014, 01:34 PM
Are you getting a bad gateway error? If so, are you running adblock in Chrome or something? If so, try opening it in incognito mode (for some reason my adblock causes lots of bad gateway errors so I end up running the forums incognito).

Thanks! I tried that and still didn't work. I disabled adblock in FF and still didn't work and I also tried using chrome and IE, but all browsers (even with no extensions) didn't work. Is there an alternate download location?

nilbog
01-27-2014, 01:39 PM
http://www.project1999.com/files/P99Files31.zip

Drakkyn
01-27-2014, 01:57 PM
err 400

Drakkyn
01-27-2014, 02:03 PM
can some up the files to drop box / google drive or other shared file provider?

salimoneus
01-29-2014, 03:31 AM
I don't understand why uifiles are included in the patches, they are not necessary and only screw up peoples' configs. Please remove from future patches.

Drakkyn
01-30-2014, 01:51 AM
still getting errr 400 when trying to dl those files ...

Lasmori
02-17-2014, 04:58 AM

Please revert.

The low HP nerf? I don't remember low HP kiting ever quite working that well on live. (It gave you agro, but I think you also had to stay within a certain distance to the mob relative to others on the agro list for it to matter.)

Either way, you can still swarm kite just fine still, except now you actually have to take a more risk. This is good... soloing should actually require at least some effort.

It could be worse: "Decrease Hitpoints by XXXX per tick if target is not moving". When SoE put that change in, our only option for swarms was charm kiting.

Either way, you still have *two* methods to kite swarms.

Go get a group and do a dungeon or something. Bards are so amazingly fun that it's a waste to spend all of your time soloing. (Soloing is most certainly a part of being a Bard, but there is so much else to love about them too.)

odiecat99
02-18-2014, 06:10 AM
Bards cry too much

Dangermouse
02-18-2014, 10:34 AM
I don't understand why uifiles are included in the patches, they are not necessary and only screw up peoples' configs. Please remove from future patches.

The fix is simple - don't install custom UIs in the "default" folder.

Verdir
03-29-2014, 11:41 AM
The patch file can no longer be downloaded.

Can we have it again, please?

Thulack
03-29-2014, 11:42 AM
The patch file can no longer be downloaded.

Can we have it again, please?

Check the stickied thread in this section. it has the right patch.

Imslap
05-14-2014, 07:39 PM
I overrode my patch with the Beta update and the link in this forum doesn't work. Is there a link to the patch that works?

Sorynisxd
05-15-2014, 04:12 AM
Patch link 404 pls fix b4 i die from withdraws

Thulack
05-15-2014, 11:45 AM
Cause the patch you guys want is here: http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=140577