Doors
01-19-2014, 06:11 PM
Thread has serious potential.

Swifty
01-19-2014, 06:19 PM
/yawn

Frieza_Prexus
01-19-2014, 06:21 PM
A-Team was fighting on WW, and our kite was brought too close. Mobs assisted and wiped them. Punishment is to sit out this repop.

[Sun Jan 19 16:03:45 2014] Rogean tells the guild, 'I saw Yibz myself running mobs in circles around the zone in, he ran his mobs right next to A-Team's force which were right up on the wall killing a couple mobs of their own. The train social aggroed over to A-Team and wiped them. I don't believe this was intentional, but it was stupid.'

Swifty
01-19-2014, 06:22 PM
A-team needs to stop cockblocking kites by showing up with 8 ppl in PoF

Frieza_Prexus
01-19-2014, 06:25 PM
A-team needs to stop cockblocking kites by showing up with 8 ppl in PoF

The WW is a natural and probable area for raids to kill mobs at, however. A guild clearing Fear deserves consideration from those kiting. This is simply an issue that will need to be discussed as more rules are hammered out for handling repops.

Swifty
01-19-2014, 06:26 PM
The WW is a natural and probable area for raids to kill mobs at, however. A guild clearing Fear deserves consideration from those kiting. This is simply an issue that will need to be discussed as more rules are hammered out for handling repops.

Well said my good sir, pip pip

Barkingturtle
01-19-2014, 06:35 PM
Delete TMO irl, imo.

Tiax
01-19-2014, 07:00 PM
With Xasten as TMO's new official forum lawyer, I fail to see the point of RnF.

Kagatob
01-19-2014, 07:06 PM
With Xasten as TMO's new official forum lawyer, I fail to see the point of RnF.

Meh, his bias still blinds him from things beyond basic fairness and reasoning. That said I still welcome Alarti and Eccezans replacement with open arms.

CodyF86
01-19-2014, 07:09 PM
We killed draco, no hard feeling. We obviously were pissed right when it happened,
but by the nature of the good will that's been going on lately, no harm...not much,
no foul lol.

I don't hold any permanent bad will or anything lol. :)

BCG and withered totem. :)

Aaradin
The A-Team

Fuggers
01-19-2014, 08:37 PM
It very well might have been an accident. No hard feelings, its been resolved.

chief
01-19-2014, 09:21 PM
tmo will give lorean the next crown of rile from pd, rogean confirmed this via guild chat

Estolcles
01-20-2014, 12:43 AM
I still welcome Alarti and Eccezans replacement with open arms.

Anything that means less Alarti is fine by me.

Alarti0001
01-20-2014, 01:14 AM
Anything that means less Alarti is fine by me.

Get my dick out yo mouth

Estolcles
01-20-2014, 01:17 AM
Get my dick out yo mouth

God DAMNIT. You're not banned YET? What the FUCK has to happen to make you permanently disappear?

quido
01-20-2014, 01:21 AM
Sacrebleu!!

Incubo
01-20-2014, 01:24 AM
Is this a consequence of the bard nerf?

Triangle
Not-fucking-surprised. TMO is the scum of the server and will never change. Enjoy the raid suspension bitches, you guys are going to be pros at forumquesting and thumb twiddling pretty soon.

BTW how dat BCG taste?

Triangle
Is this a consequence of the bard nerf?

Consequence of low-skilled zerg guilds shitting up the server. GM confirmed~~~

Nuggie
01-20-2014, 01:31 AM
Not-fucking-surprised. TMO is the scum of the server and will never change. Enjoy the raid suspension bitches, you guys are going to be pros at forumquesting and thumb twiddling pretty soon.

BTW how dat BCG taste?

You missed out on the last couple years apparently. Meet Alarti. He is spin king. Been on the TMO team for years.

conniedmana
01-20-2014, 01:37 AM
There were only a handful of accounts that were used to perform the exploit, however, the exploiters have logged into 106 different accounts in total. Of these accounts, 86 of them are guilded in The Mystical Order.

What amazes me is not that this happened but, that there's still people defending these faggots. Rogean is obviously in on it else the guild would be fucking deleted like any other legitimate person would have done by now.

Obvious cesspool run by people in on it.

Kagatob
01-20-2014, 01:42 AM
God DAMNIT. You're not banned YET? What the FUCK has to happen to make you permanently disappear?

The impossible of course. The touch of a woman.

HeallunRumblebelly
01-20-2014, 02:08 AM
Curious how the train social'd A-team. Was a bladestopper not enough to bring it back? How did they get threat on it in the first place--heals?

Bazia
01-20-2014, 02:11 AM
People should stop kiting and just clear to the bosses.

Hopefully a raid suspension will start to show the benefit of playing friendlier.

HeallunRumblebelly
01-20-2014, 02:20 AM

Hopefully a raid suspension will start to show the benefit of playing friendlier.

You'd need some kind of FIF rule (like first 15 back in ze day) for people to realistically do that.

Netherzul
01-20-2014, 02:31 AM
Despite the small problem we encountered (intentional or unintentional) we still had a good time in Fear killing Draco.

Thanks to IB and FE for the class and etiquette they displayed after our wipe.

Tasslehofp99
01-20-2014, 04:36 AM
Was an interesting repop, this time round...lol

Prismaticshop
01-20-2014, 04:57 AM

What did they do ?

BurgyK
01-20-2014, 11:58 AM
White knighted the whole situation like god damn superheroes.

uygi
01-20-2014, 01:32 PM
We had the choice of splitting our force to kill both CT and Draco, or just leaving Draco alone for A-Team. Decision was that we really don't need to kill Draco.

Erati
01-20-2014, 01:56 PM
We had the choice of splitting our force to kill both CT and Draco, or just leaving Draco alone for A-Team. Decision was that we really don't need to kill Draco.

so TMO is told they are done with the repop day after training A-team and then FE/IB cleaned up CT then moved to an uncontested VP?

/profit

nice work guys

triad
01-20-2014, 02:00 PM
Despite the small problem we encountered (intentional or unintentional) we still had a good time in Fear killing Draco.

Any time ..

Stay classy p99

SamwiseRed
01-20-2014, 02:05 PM

that'd be somethin but people want ez mode.

Hitpoint
01-20-2014, 02:58 PM
I don't know how the train happened. But it worries me that social agro from a kite can be considered a train and that seems to be what you guys are saying happened here. That should absolutely not be the case. Any confirmation of how the trained occurred?

Man0warr
01-20-2014, 03:04 PM
Probably had people sitting and were fighting their own mobs in camp, isn't that usually enough if a train goes by close enough?

That's why sitting is bad when there are trains going around.

CodyF86
01-20-2014, 03:16 PM
We had broken into fear and were just killing things on the west wall when the repop happened. Yidz zoned in, with no tmo force even in feerrott ready to zone in and started a kite. He ran it over the side of the portal hill closest to the west wall...like half the distance of normal fear aggro, and it roflstomped us...yes probably because of people sitting.

But seriously...all he had to do was zone in, say hey guys where are you at, we would have said west wall, then all he had to do was say...ok cool, I'll keep the kite to the far side of the portal hill.

but I guess I'm ole' fashioned. :)

Aaradin
The A-Team

Barkingturtle
01-20-2014, 03:17 PM
I don't know how the train happened. But it worries me that social agro from a kite can be considered a train and that seems to be what you guys are saying happened here. That should absolutely not be the case.

Of course that's a train, you motherfucking idiot.

A kite is only a kite until you fuck it up and spill it on someone else. Then it inevitably becomes a train. Kiting is risky behavior, not unlike sharing accounts.

arsenalpow
01-20-2014, 03:19 PM
He kited too close. If yibz kept the kite away from west wall there probably wouldn't have been an incident.

hatelore
01-20-2014, 03:21 PM
I don't know how the train happened. But it worries me that social agro from a kite can be considered a train and that seems to be what you guys are saying happened here. That should absolutely not be the case. Any confirmation of how the trained occurred?

Most likely it was social aggro or low hp aggro, but either way... That is the fault of the person pulling the train, for pulling it to close to the other raid. The other raid wouldn't have most likely had the issues they did if a train wasn't being pulled close to them.

And yes, this is all simple logic. That should'nt need "splainin".

hatelore
01-20-2014, 03:23 PM

A kite is only a kite until you fuck it up and spill it on someone else. Then it inevitably becomes a train. Kiting is risky behavior, not unlike sharing accounts.

/Agree, that had to be the dumbest shit I ever read from him.

Daldaen
01-20-2014, 03:27 PM
Kiting 10+ mob trains in PoFear should be bannable.

Learn2Clear shit like God intended. Or learn to AOE Group PoFear like God intended.

Fuggers
01-20-2014, 04:12 PM
This wasn't his first lap around and got surprised that we were there, is was the third or fourth. It doesn't matter at this point really. Again, thanks for the actions of FE and IB

Hitpoint
01-20-2014, 04:19 PM

I was asking how the train happened you fucking retard. Social agro can mean any number of things. It can mean their puller tagged a mob too close to the train, or they pulled a mob through it. Or someone healed a puller who had social agro before he could clear it. I was just trying to get clarification.

In any case, this shit can be exploited to get guilds banned. That's why I asked. If someone is kiting, it's very easy to transfer social agro to themselves and die to the kite. And no I'm not saying A-team did that. I'm trying to understand the circumstances for this reason. So kill yourself.

Swifty
01-20-2014, 04:23 PM
Kiting 10+ mob trains in PoFear should be bannable.

.. Or learn to AOE Group PoFear like God intended.

AoEing PoF kinda implies kiting.

Hitpoint
01-20-2014, 04:24 PM
Why does everything need to be drama from you idiots. Fucking rnf.

Detoxx
01-20-2014, 04:30 PM

BTW how dat BCG taste?

Who are you again?

Barkingturtle
01-20-2014, 04:31 PM
I was asking how the train happened you fucking retard. Social agro can mean any number of things. It can mean their puller tagged a mob too close to the train, or they pulled a mob through it. Or someone healed a puller who had social agro before he could clear it. I was just trying to get clarification.

In any case, this shit can be exploited to get guilds banned. That's why I asked. If someone is kiting, it's very easy to transfer social agro to themselves and die to the kite. And no I'm not saying A-team did that. I'm trying to understand the circumstances for this reason. So kill yourself.

You shut your whore mouth. You're trying to find reasons to shift blame to the victim.

Sure, maybe the A-Team shouldn't have been wearing that short skirt -- but it's still not okay to rape them.

No one is responsible for your potential train but you. You are the one disrupting the zone. Honestly, you should be chemically castrated.

Visual
01-20-2014, 04:36 PM
let the hate consume you young desert madman

Hitpoint
01-20-2014, 04:39 PM
You shut your whore mouth. You're trying to find reasons to shift blame to the victim.

Sure, maybe the A-Team shouldn't have been wearing that short skirt -- but it's still not okay to rape them.

No one is responsible for your potential train but you. You are the one disrupting the zone. Honestly, you should be chemically castrated.

I don't give a shit about who's fault it is. It doesn't involve my guild, and I wasn't even there. In fact, I only benefited from it seeing as we got all of VP for free. I do want to know how these cases will be handled in the future. Fear is messy, shit happens even when people are being careful. Even during regular trash clears people pull trains on their own group by accident.

I want to know how the train happened. Can any guild that gets social agro on a kite and dies claim they were trained no matter the circumstance? I hear Rogean may have seen it. Is that why it was handled the way it was? Did Rogean see it and determine that it was a legit train? If this shit ever happens to another guild, we should know exactly what constitutes a "train" and when it's the fault of the kiter.

Frieza_Prexus
01-20-2014, 04:44 PM
I hear Rogean may have seen it. Is that why it was handled the way it was?

[Sun Jan 19 16:03:45 2014] Rogean tells the guild, 'I saw Yibz myself running mobs in circles around the zone in, he ran his mobs right next to A-Team's force which were right up on the wall killing a couple mobs of their own. The train social aggroed over to A-Team and wiped them. I don't believe this was intentional, but it was stupid.'

Hitpoint
01-20-2014, 04:46 PM
Thank you.

Barkingturtle
01-20-2014, 04:46 PM
I don't give a shit about who's fault it is. It doesn't involve my guild, and I wasn't even there. In fact, I only benefited from it seeing as we got all of VP for free. I do want to know how these cases will be handled in the future. Fear is messy, shit happens even when people are being careful. Even during regular trash clears people pull trains on their own group by accident.

I want to know how the train happened. Can any guild that gets social agro on a kite and dies claim they were trained no matter the circumstance? I hear Rogean may have seen it. Is that why it was handled the way it was? Did Rogean see it and determine that it was a legit train? If this shit ever happens to another guild, we should know exactly what constitutes a "train" and when it's the fault of the kiter.

*whose

Raavak
01-20-2014, 04:48 PM
We fucked up. It wasn't intentional. Rogean gave us a time out to think about what we did.

baalzy
01-20-2014, 06:29 PM
I wonder how going into a plane and starting up a pretty much zone-wide train of mobs while another group is already in the zone actively killing mobs interacts with:

8. You may not disrupt the normal playability of a zone or area.

Zone/Area Disruption is defined as any activity designed to harm or inconvenience a number of groups rather than a specific player or group of players. This includes, but is not limited to::

-Monopolizing most or all of the kills in an area.

Seems to me if a group is in the zone already fighting mobs and somebody just starts kiting the mobs in a circle with 0 plan of actually killing them, then they're guilty of monopolizing those mobs.

kotton05
01-20-2014, 06:32 PM
no more kiting the whole zone to snipe named.

Kagatob
01-20-2014, 07:06 PM
no more kiting the whole zone to snipe named.

It should of been that way from the start. Fucking rule lawyering garbage.

Kagatob
01-20-2014, 07:09 PM
The last part was directed at the server in general not you or your guild Merkk.

Daldaen
01-20-2014, 07:16 PM
AoEing PoF kinda implies kiting.

Pfft, you can pull 10 at a time and Stun lock them and pull in batches and AE in batches!

But yes, touche.

Down with AOEing and Kiting PoFear.

Derubael
01-20-2014, 07:28 PM
Kiting fear to kill CT is classic, and should be a valid tactic. The kite is going to be centered around the fear portal by necessity due to its distance from CT's spawn point. You have to fight CT where he spawns because if you move him, you will waste too much time while he jogs his big ass towards your raid, and the adds will wipe you.

Since you have to fight him where he spawns, that corner with the portal provides the most distance between you and the adds. You can literally set up your fear clear raid anywhere but that corner and be 100% safe from the kite. The portal is a dangerous place to set up even when CT isn't around. You definitely shouldn't be standing there when he's up.

I drew you guys a map to illustrate this point:

http://s21.postimg.org/lut99pybr/fearmap.jpg

Daldaen
01-20-2014, 07:31 PM
That is a silly map.

West Wall is a common break-in area. Telling guilds not to setup there when CT is up is stupid IMO.

Clearing is FAR more classic than kiting shit.

Tiax
01-20-2014, 07:32 PM
I want to know Eccezan and Alarti's opinion on this, or have TMO decided they can't post here anymore?

Heebee
01-20-2014, 07:36 PM
Kiting fear to kill CT is classic, and should be a valid tactic. The kite is going to be centered around the fear portal by necessity due to its distance from CT's spawn point. You have to fight CT where he spawns because if you move him, you will waste too much time while he jogs his big ass towards your raid, and the adds will wipe you.

Since you have to fight him where he spawns, that corner with the portal provides the most distance between you and the adds. You can literally set up your fear clear raid anywhere but that corner and be 100% safe from the kite. The portal is a dangerous place to set up even when CT isn't around. You definitely shouldn't be standing there when he's up.

I drew you guys a map to illustrate this point:

http://s21.postimg.org/lut99pybr/fearmap.jpg

A west wall fear break and starting point to clear PoF is also as classic as it gets. By suggesting that no one should be near the portal because some jerks are kiting the entire zone around the portal also prevents/blocks people/other guilds from entering the zone.

Kagatob
01-20-2014, 07:37 PM
That is a silly map.

West Wall is a common break-in area. Telling guilds not to setup there when CT is up is stupid IMO.

Derubael
01-20-2014, 07:38 PM
I've uploaded another map for Daldean, highlighting the westwall in blue (for safety), and where you shouldn't be in yellow (caution!), the SW corner:

http://s27.postimg.org/iq3vt99ir/fearmap.jpg

Edit: Getting trained in the SW corner is a lot like getting trained on the right side zone out in KC.

CodyF86
01-20-2014, 07:41 PM
Try setting up in any corner other than SW / W wall when the entire zone is popped without training mobs around, see how it works out for you.

Also SE corner is just as far away as the zone in portal, if not farther.

CodyF86
01-20-2014, 07:43 PM
Also the blue circle you drew esp the south part if it is def still in aggro range lol.

Stop being silly.

Aaradin
The A-Team

Derubael
01-20-2014, 07:47 PM
Try setting up in any corner other than SW / W wall when the entire zone is popped without training mobs around, see how it works out for you.

Also SE corner is just as far away as the zone in portal, if not farther.

West wall is in the safe zone (blue)

I've drawn another map to illustrate that the shortest distance between two points is a straight line because I love maps and MS paint. This is why everyone gets mad at tmo/fe/ib when they cross the road diagonally and everyone has to wait for them IRL.

http://s28.postimg.org/l80b8cznh/fearplanemap2.jpg

Derubael
01-20-2014, 07:49 PM
Eh not really. If a guild is circling the portal with their kite they are being lame as hell.

I agree, but I'm using ms paint here, my circles can't be 100% accurate. The kite should be happening a little south of the portal. Whole point is SW corner is dangerous as fuck.

CodyF86
01-20-2014, 07:51 PM
You do realize a diagonal line is still a straight line right? Your line to the right isn't even close to the southeast corner.

But I guess kiting the zone to kill CT is way more classic than actually clearing the zone my bad.

Aaradin
The A-Team

Troubled
01-20-2014, 07:52 PM
There's ways to do it that don't make you trample over the common west wall camp. Also, not classic.

Derubael
01-20-2014, 07:55 PM
http://s17.postimg.org/t4vn98xf3/lines.jpg

Derubael
01-20-2014, 07:56 PM
Also, not classic.

happened all the time on live in classic. Is one way 'more classic' if they both happened in classic but one happened more ?

Daldaen
01-20-2014, 07:57 PM
I appreciate what you did for me, making a whole other map in MSPaint. But... no.

Yellow is EXACTLY the "West Wall" camp that is colloquially understood by most raiders on this server. I say "West Wall" in PoFear, people think that yellow circle. They don't think the Blue oval, regardless of the fact that it is indeed West and it is indeed near a wall.

Suggesting it is akin to KC isn't that great because you have 2 options in KC. Most people know right when you enter, right when you train to leave. Hell, I have a post (http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30540) on this debate! If PoFear had another zone in for the South East corner of the zone, you may have a point. But the fact that zoning in to your fear break, could land you right in the middle of some huge train which would almost always cause you aggro regardless of any precautions you can take.

When you break into fear you enter in the South West. You can either go North / East which is out in the open and leads to even more social aggro. Or West / South. And South tends to have more pathers than West I think. Which makes West the clear choice.

So yea. Learn2Clear Trash again. Kiting should be banned. Ron Paul 2012.

Derubael
01-20-2014, 08:00 PM
I am just having fun at this point btw. Any chance to draw something in MS paint should be acted upon immediately.

I understand what you guys are saying, and yes, a-team definitely got trained in fear.

But it's a bad, bad place to be especially when CT is up. If you got trained at the zone in to KC on the right hand side, would you petition a GM, or move to the left hand side so you don't get trained next time?

EVERYBODY should be more careful and more aware of what's going on when CT is up. Not just the kiters. Everyone.

CodyF86
01-20-2014, 08:01 PM
You're right, and all Yibz had to say when he zoned in was, hey guys im going to start a kite, where are you at.

Also a guide trying to show with a crappy map, why it's ok to kite the entire zone...

8. You may not disrupt the normal playability of a zone or area.

Zone/Area Disruption is defined as any activity designed to harm or inconvenience a number of groups rather than a specific player or group of players. This includes, but is not limited to::

-Monopolizing most or all of the kills in an area.

I don't need mspaint, here ya go:

Pythagorean theorem: A^2 + B^2 = C^2

Daldaen
01-20-2014, 08:01 PM
Oh and yes.

When I said "More Classic", clearing trash to do CT is far more prevalent than kiting it.

I'm *guessing* (and feel free to prove me wrong) that most guides from the era regarding PoFear, suggest clearing entire zone before engaging CT. Not many will suggest kiting... though there may be an exception.

Nirgon
01-20-2014, 08:03 PM
I remember always clearing the zone in Kunark.

However I can't say I ever saw the zone kited, CT killed, and a GM issuing warnings etc.

Heebee
01-20-2014, 08:05 PM
I remember always clearing the zone in Kunark.

However I can't say I ever saw the zone kited, CT killed, and a GM issuing warnings etc.

Same in Classic/Kunark and even Velious (post fear revamp) on my server. Guilds cleared the zone prior to CT, there were no kites. Guilds might compete to clear the zone at the same time (as they USED to do on P99 even), but there were no mass kites and engages of CT with 12872398472143 mobs up.

Derubael
01-20-2014, 08:05 PM
I appreciate what you did for me, making a whole other map in MSPaint.

<3

But... no.

:(

</3

If PoFear had another zone in for the South East corner of the zone, you may have a point. But the fact that zoning in to your fear break, could land you right in the middle of some huge train which would almost always cause you aggro regardless of any precautions you can take.

The kite generally doesn't hit the fear portal until a guild is ready to engage CT. I have no idea why TMO had their kite so close to the portal when they weren't even in the zone.

When you break into fear you enter in the South West. You can either go North / East which is out in the open and leads to even more social aggro. Or West / South. And South tends to have more pathers than West I think. Which makes West the clear choice.

Unless CT is up and 80% of the zone is being run around in a massive train kite of clusterfuckery, in which case you should be fine moving clockwise around the zone to get to a more safe spot.

So yea. Learn2bawareofthesituation. Kiting should be done with more caution. Ron Paul 2016.

ftfy

CodyF86
01-20-2014, 08:08 PM
I actually completely agree with you Autotune about that when its ffa lol... :)

The only difference is we were already in fear before the repop even happened,
and honestly we knew what was going to happen, and were just going to try to grab
draco first from the get go.

Aaradin
The A-Team

Derubael
01-20-2014, 08:10 PM
You're right, and all Yibz had to say when he zoned in was, hey guys im going to start a kite, where are you at.

Also a guide trying to show with a crappy map, why it's ok to kite the entire zone...

I wrote the PnP, please don't use my own words against me, it is unfair and cruel.

Also, that all comes down to GM discretion. And if you want to get technical, they aren't monopolizing the kills in the area, because they have no intent to kill them =X.

I don't need mspaint, here ya go:

Pythagorean theorem: A^2 + B^2 = C^2

Please draw me a map, you might find it is fun :)

CodyF86
01-20-2014, 08:10 PM
When I say knew what was going to happen I mean, knew we were probably going to
be trained horribly lol.

Aaradin
The A-Team

CodyF86
01-20-2014, 08:11 PM
Lol god look what you guys have turned me into!! ;p

I'm triple posting!!!... lol Deru I got a little fiesty there, no hard feelings
or anything haha. :) <3

Aaradin
The A-Team

Derubael
01-20-2014, 08:12 PM
Lol god look what you guys have turned me into!! ;p

I'm triple posting!!!... lol Deru I got a little fiesty there, no hard feelings
or anything haha. :) <3

Aaradin
The A-Team

it's ok pal, you know we are good :)

wheres my triangle map tho.

Kagatob
01-20-2014, 08:13 PM
You aren't going to zone into fear on p99 and clear from west wall and every other spawn before engaging CT unless you are given a free engage on CT and a couple hours.

If CT is FFA, you're wasting your guilds time zoning in and clearing from west wall and hoping to do anything other than kill draco.

Make a special rule for pofear then, if a guilds starts actively clearing, they have FTE on the boss. Is there something wrong with the idea of a no leapfrogging rule for that zone?

Derubael
01-20-2014, 08:20 PM
Make a special rule for pofear then, if a guilds starts actively clearing, they have FTE on the boss. Is there something wrong with the idea of a no leapfrogging rule for that zone?

So first guild to get 2 people in the zone engaging a mob has X hours to kill CT?

baalzy
01-20-2014, 08:23 PM

First in force didn't really work cause it led to the dreaded poopsock. Each guild would race to get 15 in force in the zone and sit there longer then any other guild.

baalzy
Okay, here is the zone in kite TMO uses to get the raid to northwall (approx)

http://oi39.tinypic.com/r76c1d.jpg

Just a tiny bit of work and you could have made that look like a cock and balls.

Derubael
Okay, here is the zone in kite TMO uses to get the raid to northwall (approx)

http://oi39.tinypic.com/r76c1d.jpg

and then they gather up the zone so that something like this can happen:

http://s24.postimg.org/gvvn1a2kl/fearkitemap.jpg

Daldaen
01-20-2014, 08:25 PM
Unless CT is up and 80% of the zone is being run around in a massive train kite of clusterfuckery, in which case you should be fine moving clockwise around the zone to get to a more safe spot.

ftfy

Since your first few comments I won't refute. I mean... who can refute a less than 3.

But this one, meh. I am unsure of what transpired with the A-Team's kill as I wasn't there. But I got the impression that the 80% of the zone kite wasn't started or even close to 80% by the time they were setup at West-Wall?

Regardless the onus of responsibility in kiting, if it were to be allowed, would be solely on the kiter. Just because kiting through Area X is more convenient for them doesn't mean they are allowed to train through the zone in and kill anyone who would happen to zone in. Your raid strategy shouldn't make a zone completely unplayable unless you are planning on consuming (killing) that content.

If I were to kite around all of Unrest to slowly kill Garanel then gate out, I think some issue would be taken...

True that at being aware of the situation. But still down with kiting entire zones of trash. Ron Paul will construct a time machine, go back to 2012 and win. Also legalize it.

Kagatob
01-20-2014, 08:25 PM
So first guild to get 2 people in the zone engaging a mob has X hours to kill CT?

X minutes. Treat dragging ass while clearing akin to stall kiting. Treat wiping while clearing as a raid encounter wipe.

Kagatob
01-20-2014, 08:26 PM
First in force didn't really work cause it led to the dreaded poopsock. Each guild would race to get 15 in force in the zone and sit there longer then any other guild.

Not first in force, something similar but different though.

Derubael
01-20-2014, 08:33 PM
X minutes. Treat dragging ass while clearing akin to stall kiting. Treat wiping while clearing as a raid encounter wipe.

So to answer my question, yes, 2 people can claim all of fear, CT, and Draco, just by engaging a single mob, and then wait for the rest of their force to arrive and clear everything out, with taking too long being clearly defined as 'dragging ass'.

Since everyone puts up 2 trackers in Fear to watch for CT and Draco pops, once those mobs spawn its a race to see who can poke the first fright finger and claim the zone.

This sounds like a bad idea.

He knows. His first in force idea that he touted as a miracle solution to the problems plaguing the raid scene got ripped to shreds in this thread:

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=135150&highlight=wait+lifeguard

CodyF86
01-20-2014, 08:36 PM
Lol you guys are sucking me in to the dark sidez!!! nuuu!!!!

http://i40.tinypic.com/2ni6uz4.jpg

Aaradin
The A-Team

Kagatob
01-20-2014, 08:37 PM
I'm just agreeing with the bulk of the voices in the thread that clearing the zone would be preferable to kiting it. You've made it clear that you prefer kiting so I don't expect you to agree with any alternative.

@your last comment. U mad?

Triangle
01-20-2014, 08:40 PM
Bunch of TMO propaganda...

I like you and think you are generally a level headed GM. However when your superior makes a ruling you shouldn't create an argument against that ruling and post it on the forums like this...

First: It shows a lack of impartiality, because you should never post your opinion when your opinion isn't going to change any ruling.

Second: When you simply give your opinion in RNF without making an official ruling, you open yourself to argument from other people, such as myself right here. I realize that such a thing might be against the rules, but you asked for it ;)

Finally TMO sucks balls, and embody the antithesis of what the new server rules are about. Your defense on their part is a travesty.

Triangle
01-20-2014, 08:41 PM
First: It shows a lack of impartiality, because you should never post your opinion when your opinion isn't going to change any ruling.

Above is wrong: you should never post your opinion <when it contradicts that of your superior's> so long is your opinion is not going to change that ruling.

quido
01-20-2014, 08:46 PM
Svenn always so mad - maybe he's just trying to clarify what is expected.

Derubael
01-20-2014, 09:03 PM
I like you and think you are generally a level headed GM. However when your superior makes a ruling you shouldn't create an argument against that ruling and post it on the forums like this...

Second: When you simply give your opinion in RNF without making an official ruling, you open yourself to argument from other people, such as myself right here. I realize that such a thing might be against the rules, but you asked for it ;)

Finally TMO sucks balls, and embody the antithesis of what the new server rules are about. Your defense on their part is a travesty.

I never said his ruling was wrong. Rogean never said you can't kite the zone. A-team definitely got trained. Kiters should definitely be more aware of whats going on just like guilds in fear when CT is up should also be aware of what's going on.

None of this contradicts what Rogean said.

Also, there are far more important RnF threads now, so let's move on from this one :)

unless someone wants more maps, I'm all for that.

Kagatob
01-20-2014, 09:13 PM
I never said his ruling was wrong. Rogean never said you can't kite the zone. A-team definitely got trained. Kiters should definitely be more aware of whats going on just like guilds in fear when CT is up should also be aware of what's going on.

None of this contradicts what Rogean said.

You sound like you're defending rule lawyering.

Derubael
01-20-2014, 09:21 PM
You sound like you can't comprehend what you're reading.

He is just mad he can't beat anyone at forumquest.

It's ok Kagatob, I still value both your posts and your opinions, even if they are sometimes silly.

Kagatob
01-20-2014, 09:21 PM
You sound like you can't comprehend what you're reading.

Class C bias.

Yinikren
01-20-2014, 09:33 PM

Don't kite. Problem solved.

Frogie305
01-20-2014, 09:35 PM
Don't kite. Problem solved.

Rogean Explained it pretty well in TMO , Guild chat.. I don't have the exact quote but maybe he will repost it.. he said that Yibz was to close to A-team. And that the mobs in fear Yell for help when low HP, hence the social Aggro.

Kagatob
01-20-2014, 09:43 PM
If anyone can recognize rule lawyering and advocates of rule lawyering it, it would be me.

http://oi39.tinypic.com/6tkylw.jpg
Proving my point.
Class C bias.

Mezzmur
01-20-2014, 09:54 PM
A-Team was already in zone before CT/Draco popped, should've been ineligible for the kill and not sitting in the plane of fear!

Exmo
01-20-2014, 09:59 PM
A-Team was already in zone before CT/Draco popped, should've been ineligible for the kill and not sitting in the plane of fear!

Can't poopsock a random repop I don't think. So I don't think that rule applies.

Derubael
01-20-2014, 10:01 PM
If the mob spawns and you are clearing in that zone, you can't engage.

But we hadn't posted that clarification until this morning, so A-team is good to go.

Exmo
01-20-2014, 10:03 PM

But we hadn't posted that clarification until this morning, so A-team is good to go.

Good to know.

Kagatob
01-20-2014, 10:21 PM

Wat

Kagatob
01-20-2014, 10:23 PM
You can't come up with something better than that? This is a joke, you aren't even trying any more.

Kagatob
01-20-2014, 10:57 PM
Wants to poopsock so bad.

What's the repop time of pofear trash?

Fael
01-20-2014, 11:45 PM
As a bard who has kited fear hundreds of times, I would actually prefer the guild to be at the traditional west wall spot. The more south the better.

You shouldn't have issues pulling mobs by them. Normally you wouldn't need to go south of the portal but for the first 1-2 passes.

Yibz's corpse is up by the fiend house. Not sure how long after the train the DT occured or where exactly A-Team was.

Dolic

Sirken
01-21-2014, 01:33 AM
That is a silly map.
i constantly hear EQ is not hard, and then i see people mad cause they dont know what they are doing in fear. heres a protip, breaking at the west wall is for noobs. run to the north wall where only 1 mob paths and omg avoid all the kiting which is how we did it on live. its like sitting at the MM zoneline and QQing about the trains. sitting in the exact spot of the kite and being like OMG HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN, WHY ME WHY NOW.
http://www.the-pick-up.com/kerrigan.jpg

CodyF86
01-21-2014, 01:49 AM
Run through a fully popped fear plane to north wall...avoid the kites! Create your own!

Aaradin
The A-Team

Visual
01-21-2014, 01:49 AM

I can't even follow what's going on here anymore

Sirken
01-21-2014, 01:51 AM
Run through a fully popped fear plane to north wall...avoid the kites! Create your own!

Aaradin
The A-Team

do you really need me to make you look like a noob by explaining to you how to zone into fear with a guild?

Estolcles
01-21-2014, 01:56 AM
Please draw me a map, you might find it is fun :)

I can draw you a diaphragm! :p

CodyF86
01-21-2014, 01:58 AM
do you really need me to make you look like a noob by explaining to you how to zone into fear with a guild?

We were already in fear before the repop even happened. The zone repopped,
and not long after that the kite took us out. Nope I'm good. :)

Aaradin
The A-Team

Mezzmur
01-21-2014, 01:59 AM
Honestly, TMO should have just opened dialog and conceded draco to the west wall guild. Then the entire mess would have worked itself out.

TMO wouldn't have killed draco (most likely), 2-mob bag limits on repop! Unless we wanted to hit the cap and rush to VP. AFAIK this first kite was just to get everyone to north wall for CT. I was with at least another 20 people on north wall before a-team wiped and Yibz was DT'd by Rogean.

P.S. If CT was killed before Draco, Draco would've gone from FFA to Class C and A-Team would have been flagged Class C if they killed him.

P.P.S. CT DT Cycle Still Broken, WTB Fix.

P.P.P.S. Draco cycle broken by repop. He should've spawned today. WTB Fix.

Mezzmur
01-21-2014, 01:59 AM

Aaradin
The A-Team

You shouldn't have been eligible to kill Draco then! Read the rulez!

CodyF86
01-21-2014, 02:01 AM
You shouldn't have been eligible to kill Draco then! Read the rulez!

Read time stamps.

night rnf. :)

Aaradin
The A-Team

hatelore
01-21-2014, 02:03 AM
What's the repop time of pofear trash?

If you are asking this in the year 2014... then you have most likely never raided in everquest.

Mezzmur
01-21-2014, 02:04 AM
Read time stamps.

night rnf. :)

Aaradin
The A-Team

What do time stamps have to do with you already being in fear before CT/Draco popped?

Kagatob
01-21-2014, 02:08 AM
If you are asking this in the year 2014... then you have most likely never raided in everquest.

It was a rhetorical question, obviously went over most of your heads though.

CodyF86
01-21-2014, 02:08 AM
What do time stamps have to do with you already being in fear before CT/Draco popped?

Damnit you made me log back in, just to quote derubael. ;p

In all seriousness, this is rnf, just throwing my hat into the ring for a thread or two,
don't let me rustle your jimmies! lol :)

Aaradin
The A-team

Troubled
01-21-2014, 02:57 AM
i constantly hear EQ is not hard, and then i see people mad cause they dont know what they are doing in fear. heres a protip, breaking at the west wall is for noobs. run to the north wall where only 1 mob paths and omg avoid all the kiting which is how we did it on live. its like sitting at the MM zoneline and QQing about the trains. sitting in the exact spot of the kite and being like OMG HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN, WHY ME WHY NOW.
http://www.the-pick-up.com/kerrigan.jpg

That's only a pro-tip if you are planning an engage under the previous rule set. West wall is better for pulling mobs that drop desired planar armor sets. In a north wall break you have to clear the nightmares and other garbage that isn't conducive to planar farming.

MM is not a raid zone and as such is incomparable.

I'm not sure why both Sirken and Derubael are defending this sort of action when it has already been ruled out of line. Not the first situation I could have pointed that out in. I wouldn't mind hearing from other GMs that rarely come out of the woodwork on what they take away from this situation and their ideas of resolution. I don't think saying "omg don't go ww nub" is very productive to getting a matter like this resolved.

Derubael
01-21-2014, 03:40 AM
defending this sort of action

:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Prismaticshop
01-21-2014, 04:04 AM
how the "mighty" TMO has fallen...

Where are Loly, Alarti, Eccezan, Jeremy, Olidaen or Tortue to tell us about how nobody will kill anything in VP until velious or how they will dominate Velious?

Most of them aren't even guilded anymore, but its funny how you can collapse from top dog to a 0 karma guild that repeatedly noobs and gets suspended. Blame it on the cheating I guess !

Karma is a bitch!

Troubled
01-21-2014, 04:12 AM
:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

Yet, you spent the entirety of the rest of your posts pasting maps showing how AT was in the wrong spot. They were fine and TMO needed to work around that, that's all.

Sirken
01-21-2014, 08:44 AM
That's only a pro-tip if you are planning an engage under the previous rule set. West wall is better for pulling mobs that drop desired planar armor sets. In a north wall break you have to clear the nightmares and other garbage that isn't conducive to planar farming.

MM is not a raid zone and as such is incomparable.

I'm not sure why both Sirken and Derubael are defending this sort of action when it has already been ruled out of line. Not the first situation I could have pointed that out in. I wouldn't mind hearing from other GMs that rarely come out of the woodwork on what they take away from this situation and their ideas of resolution. I don't think saying "omg don't go ww nub" is very productive to getting a matter like this resolved.

thats a protip period. if youre on the west wall youre probably doing it wrong. because again, theres at least 4 mobs that path over the west wall by port in, and the zone gets kited in the SW corner to engage CT. if this server was a ghost town, or if this was instanced crapbutt, then you could go to fear and do whatever you want for as long as you want. if you decide you only want to play on the west wall, and then CT spawns, you can either move out of the way, or, you can stay there and get yourself trained.

i understand it's probably past your bedtime, you're probably pretty sleepy and need a nap, so i'll save you the task of having to spend more than 30 seconds thinking about something before you post some kind of moronic comment like MM is not a raid zone. no shit MM is not a raid zone, that was not the comparison that was being made. the comparison was that kids who cry about getting social aggro from the kites because they are in the SW corner of the zone deserve their fate for being dumber than a bag of rocks, just like kids that hang out at the MM zoneline who complain about constant training in MM are also dumber than a bag of rocks and deserve their fate.

lastly, you said you dont know why myself and deru are defending actions that have been ruled out of line. Where in the history of the server was it ever stated that players where not allowed to kite the fear trash out of the way? exactly. because that's not a thing, but please feel free to continue to just make shit up if you feel it will help your argument. and to be clear, it's a perfectly legit strat that has existed on live servers since at least kunark. i'm sincerely sorry that you did it wrong all those years ago, but luckily i'm here to enlighten you.

and yes at the end of the day saying "omg don't go ww nub" is exactly what some people need to hear, because they apparently have no damned idea what they are doing in plane of fear yet, and then they complain and petition about other guilds when they get wiped due to stupidity and a severe lack of understanding how the zone works.

http://static1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20131224233035/prettylittleliars/images/f/fb/The_more_you_know_banner.jpg

<3
Sirks

Pringles
01-21-2014, 09:06 AM
Pretty disappointed in the staffs replies in this thread. Not because I am now in a-team, but because of the lack of professionalism calling players noobs / saying it's past their bedtime. We are all adults here. I guess I expected more from the staff.

Sirken
01-21-2014, 09:11 AM
Pretty disappointed in the staffs replies in this thread. Not because I am now in a-team, but because of the lack of professionalism calling players noobs / saying it's past their bedtime. We are all adults here. I guess I expected more from the staff.

you clearly havent seen your own quote yet ;)

but in seriousness, when someone makes up some crap like;
you can expect me to pop in the thread to correct them.

i'm extremely allergic to stupid, it triggers allergic reactions inside my brain.

<3

Brut
01-21-2014, 09:15 AM
all adults here
http://www.project1999.com/forums/images/misc/navbits_start.gif Project 1999 > General Community > Rants, Flames, and NSFW

Troubled
01-21-2014, 09:18 AM

That's the basic issue.

You were in a horrible spot.

what does that mean?

Horrible spot to something like a raid guild directly equates to WRONG SPOT.

Horrible spot to any other type of guild directly equates to, "Well it's not the most efficient, but we can still do this at our own pace."

It's your guilds fault for not switching gears on the repop imo. You should have started kiting that stuff and got you some Draco.
Wasn't there. Not my guild. Just think it's absurd to blame someone sitting at a legit camp and call them noobs for having trains scraped across them when CT popped. It's nothing like sitting at MM zone. It's like sitting behind the pond in MM and having someone swoop their train through you. That fear kite can be done without absolutely needing to be in that specific corner.

Sirken
01-21-2014, 09:19 AM
I tried to click this shit...

get this man his gold star

Sirken
01-21-2014, 09:22 AM
Just think it's absurd to blame someone sitting at a legit camp and call them noobs for having trains scraped across them when CT popped. It's nothing like sitting at MM zone. It's like sitting behind the pond in MM and having someone swoop their train through you. That fear kite can be done without absolutely needing to be in that specific corner.

go back and read my post this time before you just starting typing the same dumb shit please.

either you are trolling or you legit dont understand the zone, if you need me to explain to you why it does need to be in that corner shoot me a PM and ill teach you how to do Fear Plane

Troubled
01-21-2014, 09:27 AM
go back and read my post this time before you just starting typing the same dumb shit please.

either you are trolling or you legit dont understand the zone, if you need me to explain to you why it does need to be in that corner shoot me a PM and ill teach you how to do Fear Plane

lol. You do not need to have that kite in the SW corner to engage CT. You can be anywhere along the south or west and just ping pong it with sit aggro. It doesn't have to be in an optimum start position. The raid will have plenty of time to down CT if you run the pets off while occasionally sitting a few seconds to pull the kite toward you again.

If you're getting at something else, I must have missed it.

Pan
01-21-2014, 09:37 AM
Just trying to catch up here...so it's okay to train people if they're sitting in a nub spot somewhere?

Damn, I want those several deaths back I've eaten on the way in to KC b/c I didn't want to train idiot AFK-ers on the right side (going in) (add a couple at Chardok, too).

Troubled
01-21-2014, 09:49 AM
All in one picture for you guys.

Pink line is zone in kite.
Blue and Gold lines are CT kites.

Yellow circle filled with black is NW camp spot (where a guild runs to after zone in kite)

Pussy Purple Splotch is the area in question ( the horribly wrong spot to be when CT is spawned )

The red shit is shit that causes DTs.

If I had the time, skills, and patience I would have made this an educational animated film.

Kites? You have more than 1 person with a kite?

Rhambuk
01-21-2014, 10:06 AM
http://oi44.tinypic.com/34fo3vd.jpg

needs more colors and squiggly lines so i can see it better

Troubled
01-21-2014, 10:29 AM
When CT kites are ran yeah. It can actually be done by one person, but it takes longer and you run a greater risk of starting a DT cycle.

Yea. All I'm saying is there's different ways to do it. A-Team is basically locked into WW camp once CT spawns unless their bard starts a kite to clear to NW. Maybe that's what some seasoned vets would have done when fear repopped on them, but coming in here to dunk all over them when the other party has a responsibility not to train them isn't the best approach. I don't presume to know AT's experience with the typical funfest that is CT when multiple guilds are in the zone but from what I understand they are exeptional players.

TMO has much more experience on how to handle that zone than anyone else and if I'm coming here to say you can do it without west wall camp getting aggro on your kite, you know they know how to do it. Can't follow the exact routine when there's an obstacle in the way.

Fear is a rough place to be when 4 guilds are in the zone and CT's up.

Troubled
01-21-2014, 10:30 AM
exeptional

+c

Troubled
01-21-2014, 10:45 AM
Depends on what A-teams goal was after the repop. They claim to have just been there for a planar clear and then (iirc) was going to try for draco on the repop.

If they just wanted to do a planar clear, they should have camped their raid force and then told the other guilds their goal with a few representatives in the zone to reduce the chance their raid is DT'd/trained/etc.

If they wanted to down Draco before CT was killed, they should have started running kites and got their guild ready to take him down (moving raid, clearing camp, etc).

Like I said previously, you aren't going to do a WW fear clear style raid and hope to get CT or even Draco on a FFA CT spawn.

I dunno. I think you could get draco from there.

quido
01-21-2014, 11:04 AM
The next time I get social aggro from someone at KC entrance, I'm out for blood.

Thana8088
01-21-2014, 11:10 AM
Damn, I want those several deaths back I've eaten on the way in to KC b/c I didn't want to train idiot AFK-ers on the right side (going in) (add a couple at Chardok, too).

If you AFK at KC right side zone in, you deserve to be trained. It's the fuckers who train left that really piss me off!

chief
01-21-2014, 11:29 AM
this moran is arguing and doesn't even know what hes talking about. go take 30+ on practice on gorg for ct prep next ct window brah. Even the gm called you a moran

Cochonou
01-21-2014, 11:32 AM
http://oi44.tinypic.com/34fo3vd.jpg

All in one picture for you guys.

Pink line is zone in kite.
Blue and Gold lines are CT kites.

Yellow circle filled with black is NW camp spot (where a guild runs to after zone in kite)

Pussy Purple Splotch is the area in question ( the horribly wrong spot to be when CT is spawned )

The red shit is shit that causes DTs.

If I had the time, skills, and patience I would have made this an educational animated film.

You missed the line cutting through the firewall to reach north camp for BDA training themselves

Daldaen
01-21-2014, 11:59 AM
thats a protip period. if youre on the west wall youre probably doing it wrong. because again, theres at least 4 mobs that path over the west wall by port in, and the zone gets kited in the SW corner to engage CT. if this server was a ghost town, or if this was instanced crapbutt, then you could go to fear and do whatever you want for as long as you want. if you decide you only want to play on the west wall, and then CT spawns, you can either move out of the way, or, you can stay there and get yourself trained.

Sirks

This is retarded.

This quote to me means that a big raid guild gets precedence over a small raid guild doing a plane clear. If I'm at west wall with my noob guild of 2 groups clearing trash for armor drops, and CT spawns. What gives the uber guild that comes in to kill him the right to kite on top of our camp. We were there first, they can fuck off and modify their strategy to not interrupt our armor farming. That's PNP 101. We had a camp we were working the camp, they can come back after we leave or figure out how to do the content they want to do without interrupting us.

Suggesting that kiting allows people to train a guild farming armor at west wall is dumb. Very dumb. Fucking kill the trash or kite somewhere that doesn't affect a guild farming armor at west wall.

Doing it wrong, hardly. Shit can see invis in the path to the north safe point and invis can drop leading to a clusterfuck train. Suggesting that north is the only way to go is wrong. Is it the fastest to get the golems and CT and Draco. Yes. For armor farming is the the "safest" no. There is much more that can go wrong running there when you aren't all grouping together. When running your forces are stretched and more easily picked off if invis drops or an SI scarling surprise buttfucks you.

chief
01-21-2014, 12:07 PM
stay camped in and deal with the multiple ct death cycles that seem to always go off. Camping out for 10mins is your guilds best bet IMO

Funkutron5000
01-21-2014, 12:09 PM
stay camped in and deal with the multiple ct death cycles that seem to always go off. Camping out for 10mins is your guilds best bet IMO

What if you're a paladin and eating a DT is the only way you know how to feel useful on a raid?

chief
01-21-2014, 12:15 PM
What if you're a paladin and eating a DT is the only way you know how to feel useful on a raid?

+50dkp

Daldaen
01-21-2014, 12:57 PM
This is all meaningless. You're guild is going to be forced to camp about 5 minutes from that other guild zoning in anyhow, even if you don't get trained.

You should camp your guild out if you are only interested in planar trash.

*BOLD*

You just typed up a big paragraph of ignorance.

Won't need to camp out if the guild going after CT kills trash like god intended.

Raavak
01-21-2014, 01:05 PM
Yeah but Daldaen speaks for god he says.

Daldaen
01-21-2014, 01:08 PM
No but really. Learn to clear trash.

Raavak
01-21-2014, 01:19 PM
i constantly hear EQ is not hard, and then i see people mad cause they dont know what they are doing in fear. heres a protip, breaking at the west wall is for noobs.

Derubael
01-21-2014, 01:25 PM
Just trying to catch up here...so it's okay to train people if they're sitting in a nub spot somewhere?

I've never suspended or punished anyone for a train to the zone in, unless it was intentionally done to fuck with people.

There is a big difference between an intentional train meant to cause harm and an unintentional train.

Training to the zone in is classic as fuck. Karnor's Castle: 1 billion trains served

The next time I get social aggro from someone at KC entrance, I'm out for blood.

If you AFK at KC right side zone in, you deserve to be trained. It's the fuckers who train left that really piss me off!

What gives the uber guild that comes in to kill him the right to kite on top of our camp.

Nobody said anything about kiting on top of your camp. But if you're fighting mobs on that wall chances are you're gonna have a bad time. It's wise to move.

We were there first, they can fuck off and modify their strategy to not interrupt our armor farming. That's PNP 101. We had a camp we were working the camp, they can come back after we leave or figure out how to do the content they want to do without interrupting us.

Why you gotta force your playstyle on people? There's a raid mob up, why don't you just move to a safer spot until it's dead then go back to clearing.

Suggesting that kiting allows people to train a guild farming armor at west wall is dumb. Very dumb.

It's just as 'dumb' as staying on that wall and being shocked that you got aggro from the entire zone being kited. Unintentional and intentional. Important distinctions here.

Fucking kill the trash or kite somewhere that doesn't affect a guild farming armor at west wall.

Forcing that playstyle again. You have R class mobs if you'd like to take the time to clear (even though you won't, because nobody does). If it's an FFA spawn, people are going to do what they need to do in order to get the mob the fastest.

Doing it wrong, hardly. Shit can see invis in the path to the north safe point and invis can drop leading to a clusterfuck train. Suggesting that north is the only way to go is wrong. Is it the fastest to get the golems and CT and Draco. Yes. For armor farming is the the "safest" no. There is much more that can go wrong running there when you aren't all grouping together. When running your forces are stretched and more easily picked off if invis drops or an SI scarling surprise buttfucks you.

To that I say:

go take 30+ on practice on gorg for ct prep next ct window

Because you can't even move your force through fear, apparently. Good day to you sir.

You know, it's funny. Everyone rages out at Doljonijiarnimorinar for being a bunch of inflammatory scrubs. But they were in Fear the other day trying to get CT and caught unintentional social aggro from another guilds train kites while on a wall, wiped the fuck out multiple times because of it, and just stood up, dusted themselves off, and tried again.

Yibz
01-21-2014, 01:33 PM
There is a big difference between an intentional train meant to cause harm and an unintentional train..

It appears it's a two week suspension either way. Stand in the train's path and send in a petition. It's easier than racing.

CodyF86
01-21-2014, 01:42 PM
It appears it's a two week suspension either way. Stand in the train's path and send in a petition. It's easier than racing.

Oh god, was scared to even look at this thread when I woke up haha. :)

Prob taking a break from rnf after this post but was fun for day.

Yibz no one even actually petitioned you. Rogean was literally starring
right at you, and did whatever he did, because he wanted to.

Aaradin
The A-Team

Derubael
01-21-2014, 01:48 PM
Yibz no one even actually petitioned you.

That's not true at all =X

We got a petition right after it happened. Yes, Rogean was already there, but the petition still came in.

CodyF86
01-21-2014, 01:49 PM
lol whoops xD

I guess it bothered other people more than me lol...I saw rogeans
little red name running around the entire time, so I just assumed
everyone knew he was there.

Aaradin
The A-Team

Geofizzle
01-21-2014, 01:53 PM
Derubael doing some house cleaning of these brainwashed casual scum.

Fuggers
01-21-2014, 01:53 PM
I was under this assumption as well.

Troubled
01-21-2014, 02:15 PM
I musta got really fucked up or said all that in my sleep. Where the hell did you get those quotes from?

Derubael
01-21-2014, 02:41 PM
I musta got really fucked up or said all that in my sleep. Where the hell did you get those quotes from?

http://i.imgur.com/TUdyjuE.png

quido
01-21-2014, 02:49 PM
p99: where being obstinate and dense isn't just for fun - it's a way of life

Kagatob
01-21-2014, 02:49 PM
Why you gotta force your playstyle on people? There's a raid mob up, why don't you just move to a safer spot until it's dead then go back to clearing.

So from now on they are going to pin the blame on the guild who was there first. It's the 'lesser' guild's responsibility to move the fuck out of the way when the 'greater' guild comes in, no questions asked? Good to know the casual scum are getting pushed aside yet again for doing content the way the creators intended it to be done instead of taking a shortcut. :rolleyes:

quido
01-21-2014, 02:50 PM
So from now on they are going to pin the blame on the guild who was there first. It's the 'lesser' guild's responsibility to move the fuck out of the way when the 'greater' guild comes in, no questions asked? Good to know the casual scum are getting pushed aside yet again for doing content the way the creators intended it to be done instead of taking a shortcut. :rolleyes:

Wow I'm like clairvoyant! I knew a purposely dense post was coming.

radditsu
01-21-2014, 02:53 PM
Wow I'm like clairvoyant! I knew a purposely dense post was coming.

You have the shining.

Derubael
01-21-2014, 02:54 PM
Please excuse Kagatob, he has never raided on Project 1999, so he should be forgiven.

Kagatob
01-21-2014, 02:55 PM
Still proving my point.

You're all assholes. ;)

radditsu
01-21-2014, 02:57 PM
Still proving my point.

You're all assholes. ;)

Nobody is proving anything. You have brain damage.

Argh
01-21-2014, 04:26 PM
did i miss all the fun

Kagatob
01-21-2014, 04:43 PM
When the only responses are ad-hominem in nature it only strengthens my case. :o

Jaxon
01-21-2014, 04:46 PM
TMO has finally gotten slapped hard enough for a signal to register in their tiny, undeveloped reptilian brain. Ever so slowly having come to the realization that the other lifeforms in the zone with them are not mere chaff to be blown away, ignored, or trained, they are at first stupefied by this foreign idea. However this confusion soon gives way to a mounting rage. The blood rushes to their face in a fiery flash. Their mouth slavers, saliva drips, and their tongue, heedless to the refined control of the human mind, is seized by the lower order functions and begins to spew utter nonsense.

The remainder of the server wisely ignores the semi-literate rantings of the thrashing beast and quietly observes the subject in its cage from a safe distance -- jotting down notes on their clipboards. This could be useful data, indeed.

Alarti0001
01-21-2014, 04:53 PM
TMO has finally gotten slapped hard enough for a signal to register in their tiny, undeveloped reptilian brain. Ever so slowly having come to the realization that the other lifeforms in the zone with them are not mere chaff to be blown away, ignored, or trained, they are at first stupefied by this foreign idea. However this confusion soon gives way to a mounting rage. The blood rushes to their face in a fiery flash. Their mouth slavers, saliva drips, and their tongue, heedless to the refined control of the human mind, is seized by the lower order functions and begins to spew utter nonsense.

The remainder of the server wisely ignores the semi-literate rantings of the thrashing beast and quietly observes the subject in its cage from a safe distance -- jotting down notes on their clipboards. This could be useful data, indeed.

You didn't read this thread. LOL

Visual
01-21-2014, 06:09 PM

are you trying to be p99's Hemingway

YendorLootmonkey
01-21-2014, 07:43 PM

WTF are rangers supposed to do then if paladins are eating a DT? =(

radditsu
01-21-2014, 07:46 PM
WTF are rangers supposed to do then if paladins are eating a DT? =(

Flame lick.

Pringles
01-21-2014, 07:58 PM
you clearly havent seen your own quote yet ;)

but in seriousness, when someone makes up some crap like;

you can expect me to pop in the thread to correct them.

i'm extremely allergic to stupid, it triggers allergic reactions inside my brain.

<3

Ya but HBB deserved it =P All good, just voicing my 2 cents, and I realize the irony.

knix
01-21-2014, 11:10 PM
Did you not read the Server announcement?

01 19 13:33:15 2014] The ground shakes as the gods show their influence upon the races of Norrath. Creatures of all types stir to life in response. You feel you should get somewhere safe as soon as possible. 2 min warning.

Is a safe spot WW for an FFA spawn of CT/Draco? you also were setting yourself up to be in the zone in the proximity of the Draco spawn. The A-Team stayed, in harms way. After the server warned of a full repop and to get to somewhere safe.

The only difference is we were already in fear before the repop even happened,
and honestly we knew what was going to happen, and were just going to try to grab
draco first from the get go.

Aaradin
The A-Team

When I say knew what was going to happen I mean, knew we were probably going to
be trained horribly lol.

Aaradin
The A-Team

Aaradin
The A-Team

Depends on what A-teams goal was after the repop. They claim to have just been there for a planar clear and then (iirc) was going to try for draco on the repop.

If they just wanted to do a planar clear, they should have camped their raid force and then told the other guilds their goal with a few representatives in the zone to reduce the chance their raid is DT'd/trained/etc.

If they wanted to down Draco before CT was killed, they should have started running kites and got their guild ready to take him down (moving raid, clearing camp, etc).

Like I said previously, you aren't going to do a WW fear clear style raid and hope to get CT or even Draco on a FFA CT spawn.

Yibz no one even actually petitioned you. Rogean was literally starring
right at you, and did whatever he did, because he wanted to.

Aaradin
The A-Team

That's not true at all =X

We got a petition right after it happened. Yes, Rogean was already there, but the petition still came in.

That is how i see it. I am very glad Rogean clarified the policy before Trak spawned. But, I agree with Yibz. So, get a group or two to hate and sit at the choke spot for Inny, get 6 or more people cothed down and get trained to have Trakanon given to you too.

CodyF86
01-22-2014, 12:43 AM
You do realize CT pops the entire zone himself regardless don't you lol?

You sound mad, that must have taken a lot of time to put together.

Let it go...I have. :)

Aaradin
The A-Team

Heebee
01-22-2014, 01:37 AM
You know shit's getting desperate when Knix weighs in.

quido
01-22-2014, 01:37 AM
what does that even mean, Heebee?

Heebee
01-22-2014, 01:38 AM
FUCK THIS NOISE.

tease who you want to, I did nothing wrong, my guild leadership did nothing wrong, yibz did nothing wrong.

FUCK this NOISE

radditsu
01-22-2014, 08:44 AM
Wat a dum cunt

quido
01-22-2014, 08:49 AM
that's very rude Radditsu

or maybe it's desperate

radditsu
01-22-2014, 08:59 AM
that's very rude Radditsu

or maybe it's desperate

You DO have the shining.

Knix... call me

Argh
01-22-2014, 02:11 PM
http://images.sussexpublishers.netdna-cdn.com/article-inline-half/blogs/68127/2013/12/139735-140263.jpg

knix
01-22-2014, 02:42 PM
You DO have the shining.

Knix... call me

What should I call you?

baalzy
01-22-2014, 03:35 PM

01 19 13:33:15 2014] The ground shakes as the gods show their influence upon the races of Norrath. Creatures of all types stir to life in response. You feel you should get somewhere safe as soon as possible. 2 min warning.

Is a safe spot WW for an FFA spawn of CT/Draco? you also were setting yourself up to be in the zone in the proximity of the Draco spawn. The A-Team stayed, in harms way. After the server warned of a full repop and to get to somewhere safe.

This is too easy.

Is WW a safe spot to be when Fear is fully popped? Yes, it is relatively safe. Meaning, whatever may wander in to you can be handled since it's pretty standard to run to the west wall immediately when zoning in to do a full clear.

CT/Draco being up and FFA is irrelevant.

If you're at the WW and your party is competent then you are in NO DANGER as long as no other group of players comes in and DISRUPTS your group. CT/Draco be up all day long and as long as your group doesn't do something stupid it won't affect you at all.

A bard zoning in and starting a giant train causing your group to catch agro due to social mechanics is a DISRUPTION caused SOLELY by the bard.

Rules don't change just because a raid mob happens to have spawned.

That is how i see it. I am very glad Rogean clarified the policy before Trak spawned. But, I agree with Yibz. So, get a group or two to hate and sit at the choke spot for Inny, get 6 or more people cothed down and get trained to have Trakanon given to you too.

baalzy
01-22-2014, 03:36 PM

This is too easy.

Is WW a safe spot to be when Fear is fully popped? Yes, it is relatively safe. Meaning, whatever may wander in to you can be handled since it's pretty standard to run to the west wall immediately when zoning in to do a full clear.

CT/Draco being up and FFA is irrelevant.

If you're at the WW and your party is competent then you are in NO DANGER as long as no other group of players comes in and DISRUPTS your group. CT/Draco be up all day long and as long as your group doesn't do something stupid it won't affect you at all.

A bard zoning in and starting a giant train causing your group to catch agro due to social mechanics is a DISRUPTION caused SOLELY by the bard.

Rules don't change just because a raid mob happens to have spawned.

Bleh, messed up my quoting.

baalzy
01-22-2014, 03:54 PM
Reality don't change just because a raid mob happens to have spawned.

******Is what that sentance should have said.

Daldaen
01-22-2014, 03:58 PM
In fairness, north of the fire ring is the most "safe" location in PoFear. But that is also where a CT raid would be setting up and where a wipe would fuck you up just like a train.

radditsu
01-22-2014, 04:18 PM
What should I call you?

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=phaJXp_zMYM

Kagatob
01-22-2014, 04:44 PM
Reality doesn't change just because a raid mob happens to have spawned.

Tell that to Derabul.

Duckwalk
01-22-2014, 05:39 PM
How many alts do the GMs on this server have in TMO?

hatelore
01-22-2014, 05:43 PM
How many alts do the GMs on this server have in TMO?

I agree, sirken is smoking. A-team did nothing wrong. Period. They were therr first, tmo should have honored that and moved to another zone for alt gear.

Duckwalk
01-22-2014, 05:48 PM
Or modified their strategy to account for A Team. Guild competence is irrelevant. The fact that A Team could have potentially been in a better spot is irrelevant. The fact that Server GMs are posting maps and calling people noobs in an attempt to shift the blame is laughable.

knix
01-22-2014, 07:05 PM
I agree, sirken is smoking. A-team did nothing wrong. Period. They were therr first, tmo should have honored that and moved to another zone for alt gear.

The point is mute now about where ATeam was before, during, and standing during the repop,
Because, Rogean , clarified, for future spawns, the ateam would not be eligible to kill any boss mobs if they stayed in the zone during the repop instead of seeking safety.

baalzy
01-22-2014, 07:23 PM
The point is mute now about where ATeam was before, during, and standing during the repop,
Because, Rogean , clarified, for future spawns, the ateam would not be eligible to kill any boss mobs if they stayed in the zone during the repop instead of seeking safety.

The point is not moot.

Rogeans clarification doesn't stop A-Team from continuing to farm drops in Fear after a pop. Doesn't stop them from zoning out after a simulated repop message (they've got 2 minutes to get out) and then zoning back in and beginning to clear to the West Wall and then proceed to go after Draco.

If either situation happened it would still be training another group which still means TMO or whoever needs to be careful about where they take their trains.

hatelore
01-22-2014, 08:06 PM

That may well be true but... do you ever stfu? gnomesayin?

Kagatob
01-22-2014, 08:08 PM
I think he means moot.

Jarnauga
01-22-2014, 08:30 PM
http://i.imgur.com/X5H4kff.png

kotton05
01-23-2014, 06:29 AM
I think he means moot.

I think you're right

Tanthallas
01-23-2014, 08:06 AM
Derubael has become better at MS paint (99).

Still has some catching up to do.

Pan
01-23-2014, 08:06 AM
Moot means open for discussion. Not dead. GDI.

baalzy
01-23-2014, 01:32 PM

subject to debate, dispute, or uncertainty, and typically not admitting of a final decision.

My final decision is that you gotta be careful of your trains and if you flatten a group because of your train its your fault and you face the consequences.

Therefore, to me, not moot :P.

Alarti0001
01-23-2014, 02:35 PM

Also clear definitions don't apply to common idioms.

jaybone
01-23-2014, 02:37 PM
Also clear definitions don't apply to common idioms.

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQd1xrGzWvmJTYou3ocXxTUODHPQ1vl0-TIMoeWbLT5dhNauAxa

Alarti0001
01-23-2014, 02:39 PM
https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQd1xrGzWvmJTYou3ocXxTUODHPQ1vl0-TIMoeWbLT5dhNauAxa

I like your picture... I am unclear what your meme is referencing 'though?
Most likely you just saw a TMO post and decided to troll without reading the content of that post... likely... u mad.

jaybone
01-23-2014, 02:41 PM
I like your picture... I am unclear what your meme is referencing 'though?
Most likely you just saw a TMO post and decided to troll without reading the content of that post... likely... u mad.

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/11/112172/2396165-morganfreemanhemad.jpg