PDA

View Full Version : Sirken+Deru v Rogean on server rules

Tecmos Deception
01-21-2014, 03:02 PM
Training
Training can be defined as the intentional manipulation of NPC Placement and Aggro in such a way that causes it to attack another player that it wouldn't have otherwise if at it's normal spawn location. The most basic form of this is "dumping" mobs near another player or party and escaping via a form of teleportation or death. Intentional or not, this is against the rules. This rule is not limited to the basic example given, as there are many different forms of training players will use. You take all responsibility for mobs that you aggro. If you are trying to escape from a pack of NPC's but there is another group in your way, do not run through them. Even if your intention is not to train them, it would inevitable cause this and you may be subject to disciplinary. It is recommended that you take the death (Your responsibility for aggroing the mobs) and request a resurrection from nearby players.

If you happen to accidentally train a group of players, please immedietely notify the staff via /petition that you have done so by accident. Apologize to the players in question, and assist them with any recovery needed. If the staff hears about your train before you tell them, intention is no longer an excuse. (Repeated unintentional trains will still result in disciplinary action).

Q: Will the planes be open to everyone?
A: Yes. Please be respectful to your fellow players and respect their space. If there is a guild getting ready to raid Hate for some armor and they start pulling creatures, don't go up there and sit on top of them pulling mobs in their area as well. If Guild A is doing Hate, then perhaps Guild B should be doing Fear. Basically, don't be a douche bag.

Q: What if our raid is disrupted? What if our raid interferes with another raid?
A: Any non-consensual disturbance or meddling from a raid which leads to another raid being disrupted will result in very harsh punishments. Anyone involved in disruptions will be banned for 1 week with possible action against their guild's leadership. Second offenses will be 2 weeks. Further offenses will be permanent. It is the responsibility of the raid leaders to control their members. We strongly suggest that you avoid other raids while in a zone.

Honestly, I haven't read everything in R&F. And I wasn't in fear when the Yibz+A-Team incident went down. But based on a few things I've seen, I'm really fucking confused.

Rogean wrote these rules. They are specific, and they are pretty damn clear. And then he enforced them by suspending Yibz and punishing TMO also.

But big Sirk is in R&F with:

i constantly hear EQ is not hard, and then i see people mad cause they dont know what they are doing in fear. heres a protip, breaking at the west wall is for noobs. run to the north wall where only 1 mob paths and omg avoid all the kiting which is how we did it on live. its like sitting at the MM zoneline and QQing about the trains. sitting in the exact spot of the kite and being like OMG HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN, WHY ME WHY NOW.

and

if this was instanced crapbutt, then you could go to fear and do whatever you want for as long as you want. if you decide you only want to play on the west wall, and then CT spawns, you can either move out of the way, or, you can stay there and get yourself trained.

kids who cry about getting social aggro from the kites because they are in the SW corner of the zone deserve their fate for being dumber than a bag of rocks, just like kids that hang out at the MM zoneline who complain about constant training in MM are also dumber than a bag of rocks and deserve their fate.

Where in the history of the server was it ever stated that players where not allowed to kite the fear trash out of the way? exactly. because that's not a thing, but please feel free to continue to just make shit up if you feel it will help your argument. and to be clear, it's a perfectly legit strat that has existed on live servers since at least kunark. i'm sincerely sorry that you did it wrong all those years ago, but luckily i'm here to enlighten you.

and yes at the end of the day saying "omg don't go ww nub" is exactly what some people need to hear, because they apparently have no damned idea what they are doing in plane of fear yet, and then they complain and petition about other guilds when they get wiped due to stupidity and a severe lack of understanding how the zone works.

And Deru is up in here with

I've never suspended or punished anyone for a train to the zone in, unless it was intentionally done to fuck with people.

There is a big difference between an intentional train meant to cause harm and an unintentional train.

Training to the zone in is classic as fuck. Karnor's Castle: 1 billion trains served

But if you're fighting mobs on that wall chances are you're gonna have a bad time. It's wise to move.

Why you gotta force your playstyle on people? There's a raid mob up, why don't you just move to a safer spot until it's dead then go back to clearing.

It's just as 'dumb' as staying on that wall and being shocked that you got aggro from the entire zone being kited. Unintentional and intentional. Important distinctions here.

Forcing that playstyle again. You have R class mobs if you'd like to take the time to clear (even though you won't, because nobody does). If it's an FFA spawn, people are going to do what they need to do in order to get the mob the fastest.

You know, it's funny. Everyone rages out at Doljonijiarnimorinar for being a bunch of inflammatory scrubs. But they were in Fear the other day trying to get CT and caught unintentional social aggro from another guilds train kites while on a wall, wiped the fuck out multiple times because of it, and just stood up, dusted themselves off, and tried again.

The fuck is going on here?

I understand that Upset staff can have an opinion in RnF when it doesn't align with his own.

But this doesn't come across as them having opinions. It comes across as how they would enforce things if Rogean weren't in fear himself to see this happen. Small wonder a majority of the server has wanted to keep their hands clean of the raid scene for the last 2 years. Shit like this makes me wonder if all of the times some guild mentioned something like TMO training hate port up or TMO dragging mobs up onto ledge or whatever actually went down how the alleged tinfoil hat crew claimed, and someone sharing Sirken's or Derubal's "opinion" of how the rules should be enforced was the staff member online at the time to deal with it.

God damn. Come on. Rogean's rules and PNP are beautiful. And then Sirk and Deru chime in with "GET FUCKED CASUAL RAIDERS. THIS IS HOW THINGS WORK IN THE REAL P99. ROGEANS RULES MEAN NOTHING TO MEEEEEE!!!!!"

Ok. Ready for my ban now. I just couldn't resist the last paragraph though.

Gnomersy
01-21-2014, 03:06 PM
Seems like a valid point. Not gonna save you from the hammer though:)

quido
01-21-2014, 03:09 PM
Quoting outdated suggestions from 4 years and 1 expansion ago doesn't make an especially good point.

Tecmos Deception
01-21-2014, 03:12 PM
Thou shalt not murder is a pretty old rule, but it hardly lost relevance because of that. I can't imagine that training noobs at MM ent OR training guilds in the planes has become ok just because a few years have gone by.

I mean, Rogean DID enforce those rules/suggestions to the letter, Jeremy.

radditsu
01-21-2014, 03:13 PM
3 trap combo. Tecmos wall launched into the spike trapnthen hit with a boulder.

Erati
01-21-2014, 03:13 PM
Quoting outdated suggestions from 4 years and 1 expansion ago doesn't make an especially good point.

whats outdated about Rogean's explanation of training responsibility ?

chief
01-21-2014, 03:15 PM
wow this nerd is mad, enjoy your uncontested mobs and stfu

Tecmos Deception
01-21-2014, 03:16 PM
wow this nerd is mad, enjoy your uncontested mobs and stfu

Rolled a nat 20 on my save vs. troll.

radditsu
01-21-2014, 03:20 PM
Jar of oil then bear trap followed by a fire dart?

radditsu
01-21-2014, 03:21 PM
I need to find my deception disks

Derubael
01-21-2014, 03:22 PM
Hey Tecmos, I have a news flash for you. Every rule you've ever seen stated on Project 1999 is always subject to Staff Discretion. We reserve the right to enforce, not enforce, or completely throw out whatever we want, as all situations are fluid and changing, and no two instances are alike.

Furthermore,

Training can be defined as the intentional manipulation of NPC Placement and Aggro in such a way that causes it to attack another player ..... If the staff hears about your train before you tell them, intention is no longer an excuse. (Repeated unintentional trains will still result in disciplinary action).

This would imply that unintentional trains are not subject to disciplinary action, wouldn't it?

A: Yes. Please be respectful to your fellow players and respect their space. If there is a guild getting ready to raid Hate for some armor and they start pulling creatures, don't go up there and sit on top of them pulling mobs in their area as well. If Guild A is doing Hate, then perhaps Guild B should be doing Fear. Basically, don't be a douche bag.

This hasn't been followed on this server in years. It seems more like a suggestion anyway. Or are you saying first in force is part of this servers raid policy (as this would imply if it's suggestions were followed to the letter)

Q: What if our raid is disrupted? What if our raid interferes with another raid?
A: Any non-consensual disturbance or meddling from a raid which leads to another raid being disrupted will result in very harsh punishments. Anyone involved in disruptions will be banned for 1 week with possible action against their guild's leadership. Second offenses will be 2 weeks. Further offenses will be permanent. It is the responsibility of the raid leaders to control their members. We strongly suggest that you avoid other raids while in a zone.

How bout pulling aggro on someones kite? Would that be considered disrupting their raid? Kind of a grey area I suppose.

Good attempt at calling us out over nothing though. 10/10 Would probably destroy again.

Tecmos Deception
01-21-2014, 03:23 PM
If you don't like the normal game play, don't go after the normal raid targets, stick to your restricted targets.

You mean like fear trash?

quido
01-21-2014, 03:26 PM
whats outdated about Rogean's explanation of training responsibility ?

This is from a time when Plane of Sky wasn't even open, and there were only 2 guilds capable of clearing Fear and Hate. The fact that people still quote this as gospel in trying to claim that they should control a zone is beyond retarded to me. Obviously I'm not advocating shitting on some guild's planar clear for armor, but in the case of racing for a contested raid mob, to try to invoke this is plain stupid. I see it happen repeatedly.

Aaron
01-21-2014, 03:28 PM
RnF is crazy.

Tenlaar
01-21-2014, 03:30 PM
Obviously I'm not advocating shitting on some guild's planar clear for armor

Obviously you would NEVER.

Tecmos Deception
01-21-2014, 03:30 PM
Staff Discretion.

Well and good if, for example, you are called in to deal with some dispute.

It does not seem quite so well and good to me though, when Rogean exercised his discretion in a situation and then you and Sirken are all over R&F making it clear you would not have done things the same way. Maybe I just don't understand how the staff chain of command or whatever functions.

Erati
01-21-2014, 03:32 PM
This is from a time when Plane of Sky wasn't even open, and there were only 2 guilds capable of clearing Fear and Hate. The fact that people still quote this as gospel in trying to claim that they should control a zone is beyond retarded to me. Obviously I'm not advocating shitting on some guild's planar clear for armor, but in the case of racing for a contested raid mob, to try to invoke this is plain stupid. I see it happen repeatedly.

you didn't even quote the right quote....

I was referring to his explanation about training, I wasn't talking about the 'don't be a douche" in the planes text

but its w/e

quido
01-21-2014, 03:34 PM
That's what I was talking about. Ya moran.

Tecmos Deception
01-21-2014, 03:34 PM
/quote=Rogean]Training can be defined as the intentional manipulation of NPC Placement and Aggro in such a way that causes it to attack another player ..... If the staff hears about your train before you tell them, intention is no longer an excuse. (Repeated unintentional trains will still result in disciplinary action).[/quote]

This would imply that unintentional trains are not subject to disciplinary action, wouldn't it?

[QUOTE=Derubael;1285779Would probably destroy again.

Not sure how this qualifies as destroying me :p

Tecmos Deception
01-21-2014, 03:35 PM
Wow. Huge quoting failures :(

Erati
01-21-2014, 03:38 PM
That's what I was talking about. Ya moran.

so Rogean's explanation about the dangers of 'training' is outdated?

news to me, it seems it still is widely applicable to most zones that contain monsters that chase you :P

quido
01-21-2014, 03:40 PM
I was only referring to the quoted rules from early 2010, not the rest of it

learn to read ya moran

chief
01-21-2014, 03:41 PM
tecmos bashing server staff, ban his forum account and ban him from the raid discussions. Calling staff names cmon bro!

Tecmos Deception
01-21-2014, 03:42 PM
A second nat 20! Don't see that too often.

Derubael
01-21-2014, 03:48 PM
Maybe I just don't understand

Then you shouldn't be posting.

Not sure how this qualifies as destroying me :p

The thread and your arguments, not you. I wouldn't want to destroy you or anyone on A-team :(

10/10 Would probably destroy (this thread) again.

Tecmos Deception
01-21-2014, 03:51 PM
The thread and your arguments, not you. I wouldn't want to destroy you or anyone on A-team :(

Lol, I know what you meant. I was pointing out that the rule plainly specifies two situations in which unintentional training gets punished (if the trainees petition it before the trainer petitions to apologize in advance, and if it happens repeatedly), but you somehow concluded unintentional trains do not get punished :p

Ah well. I'll let it go. It does doesn't seem right to see a ruling from the head honcho, then to see staff members just inches away from flat out saying "his decision was shitty, and I hope you get trained again <3" in R&F.

Tecmos Deception
01-21-2014, 03:53 PM
*just doesn't

I am just terrible without edits. Of course with edits I probably would have deleted the thread before the first reply.

quido
01-21-2014, 03:57 PM
You should RnF more Tecmos - it's been fun

Tecmos Deception
01-21-2014, 04:03 PM
You should RnF more Tecmos - it's been fun

I was just thinking to myself that if I got banned from the forums I'd spend a lot more time actually playing ingame, heh.

Raavak
01-21-2014, 04:05 PM
It does doesn't seem right to see a ruling from the head honcho, then to see staff members just inches away from flat out saying "his decision was shitty, and I hope you get trained again <3" in R&F.I don't think they are. I think everyone agrees Yibz got too close to them, though in his defense no one is usually at that part of the zone when CT spawns. And the staff is just saying, yeah no one is usually dumb enough to be there.

Kagatob
01-21-2014, 04:24 PM
For once I agree with Tecmos 100%.

Funkutron5000
01-21-2014, 04:28 PM
For once I agree with Tecmos 100%.

If this doesn't point out how damn wrong Tecmos is to anyone, nothing will.

Reguiy
01-21-2014, 04:32 PM
Sirken and Deru lobby for hardcores. Rogean and nilbog lobbies for casuals. But I love them all! Welcome to p99!

Kagatob
01-21-2014, 04:40 PM
I was only referring to the quoted rules from early 2010, not the rest of it

learn to read ya moran

How about instead of rule lawyering "those rules are old", why don't you just link the part where Rogean stated that those rules no longer apply, or his updated rules, or the rules that replaced the rules quoted?

Raavak
01-21-2014, 04:43 PM
Just because someone chooses a certain location doesn't make them less of a victim when the other person could've just as easily been somewhere else themselves.Like, you have the right to stand in the middle of the road, and cars legally are supposed to yield to you, because they could just as easily be somewhere else.

Kagatob
01-21-2014, 04:45 PM
Like, you have the right to stand in the middle of the road, and cars legally are supposed to yield to you, because they could just as easily be somewhere else.

What third world hellhole do you live in where cars aren't required by law to yield to yield to pedestrians?

Raavak
01-21-2014, 04:48 PM
You misread what I posted. Its okay.

What I am getting at is you can stand in the middle of the road, and a car has to stop, but standing in the middle of the road is dumb because eventually you will get hit.

Alarti0001
01-21-2014, 04:48 PM
How bout pulling aggro on someones kite? Would that be considered disrupting their raid? Kind of a grey area I suppose.

Good attempt at calling us out over nothing though. 10/10 Would probably destroy again.

Cool can we suspend A-team now?

quido
01-21-2014, 04:49 PM
Why don't you quote to me a single instance of that particular "rule" ever being enforced in the ~1000 times it could have been?

Outdated suggestion

Alarti0001
01-21-2014, 04:50 PM
Sirken and Deru lobby for common sense. Rogean lobbies for Non-TMO. Nilbog just hates people in general. But I love them all! Welcome to p99!

ftfy

Yibz
01-21-2014, 04:55 PM
Let's get something straight, any guild can play and proceed upon the game how they wish.

That being said the plane of fear is a pretty large zone there are plenty of places to set up, but also plenty of places to train. There use to be 3-5 full raid forces in there without these problems persisting and yes COMPETING.

So what has changed you asked? Server staff and the attitudes of players.

Neither of which can blame each other for their actions because both can do/act how they want in game to a certain extent. There are rules in place for a reason and just like in real life there is a hidden moral compass. If you so choose to cross it than expect to get punished or atleast viewed as a scumbag, if you so choose to operate within its confines expect to get ridiculed by those looking to exploit it.

Regardless of which side you are on, both sides can avoid the "grey" area between each other even if in the same zone.

As Rogean said, it is pretty stupid to kite a train around another group of players especially if you know they are there after weeks of NO RAIDING and discussion as to the new set of rules.

Just because someone chooses a certain location doesn't make them less of a victim when the other person could've just as easily been somewhere else themselves.

Next time CT is up you show me the plenty of places that you can kite, Lam. As it's already been explained repeatedly, you aggro a golem, draco, or CT and you eat a DT.

I'd be willing to bet I've kited fear for a CT raid more times than anyone currently playing on the box. I've already admitted to kiting a little too close to their raid.

After zoning in I saw they were in zone. I got aggro almost immediately so I ran around the opposite side of the zone in portal - obviously picking up quite a few mobs in the process. I saw the A Team Monk out there pulling - I assumed looking for a draco tag. I ran another lap and saw a faction message (meaning a mob they had just killed had previously been aggro'd on me). I made a turn and saw half my kite heading straight at me so I had to swing wide to avoid them. I believe this is where Rogean said he saw me running too close to their raid.

What I think happened: I think one of the A Team's pulls intersected my train at some point, transferring aggro. This happened well before I kited anywhere near their camp. Once I realized they had aggro I attempted to run my kite North but in that process I was summoned and killed. Obviously not intentional. Unfortunately I don't have a Bladestopper to attempt to pull aggro back (this is why we still kill naggy, not to "cockblock other guilds".)

thieros
01-21-2014, 05:02 PM
http://hollywoodhatesme.files.wordpress.com/2011/11/streams.jpg

Sirken
01-21-2014, 05:12 PM
Sirken and Deru lobby for hardcores. Rogean lobbies for casuals. and nilbog lobbies for the NPCs. But I love them all! Welcome to p99!

FTFY

HeallunRumblebelly
01-21-2014, 05:21 PM
Next time CT is up you show me the plenty of places that you can kite, Lam. As it's already been explained repeatedly, you aggro a golem, draco, or CT and you eat a DT.

I'd be willing to bet I've kited fear for a CT raid more times than anyone currently playing on the box. I've already admitted to kiting a little too close to their raid.

After zoning in I saw they were in zone. I got aggro almost immediately so I ran around the opposite side of the zone in portal - obviously picking up quite a few mobs in the process. I saw the A Team Monk out there pulling - I assumed looking for a draco tag. I ran another lap and saw a faction message (meaning a mob they had just killed had previously been aggro'd on me). I made a turn and saw half my kite heading straight at me so I had to swing wide to avoid them. I believe this is where Rogean said he saw me running too close to their raid.

What I think happened: I think one of the A Team's pulls intersected my train at some point, transferring aggro. This happened well before I kited anywhere near their camp. Once I realized they had aggro I attempted to run my kite North but in that process I was summoned and killed. Obviously not intentional. Unfortunately I don't have a Bladestopper to attempt to pull aggro back (this is why we still kill naggy, not to "cockblock other guilds".)

I think the obvious solution is to provide all bards an unlimited charge bladestopper upon hitting level 60. It's the only way.

carli
01-21-2014, 05:21 PM

yo fuck off

quido
01-21-2014, 05:24 PM
hey carli, u sound hot

are u dtf?

HeallunRumblebelly
01-21-2014, 05:24 PM
Haven't seen CT machine gun DT in weeks. I also don't think it adds the whole zone anymore which stops a lot of the log in log out desyncs in fear that were so common.

HeallunRumblebelly
01-21-2014, 05:25 PM
Also, I'm right here Jeremy. I thought we were going to go to the end together.

baalzy
01-21-2014, 05:25 PM

A-Team is killing mobs. Mobs which social agro and call for help when they're low on hp.

Yibz runs a train of mobs past area where A-Team is killing.

It's somehow A-Teams fault that Yibz dragged a bunch of mobs into social agro range?

Reguiy
01-21-2014, 05:26 PM
FTFY

My bad. I forgot about nilbog's desire to see corpses littered across Norrath.

Yibz
01-21-2014, 05:28 PM
Just like someone would go out into a busy highway because they see traffic would apply the same to someone NOT training because they see a raid force that they may effect...

I know the mechanics of the zone and encounters. If you aggro a golem or draco the cycle begins it doesn't necessarily begin with who aggro'd it as Aeolwind pointed out isn't within the script. From what i also understand is the cycle is currently not operating like it should, which is why CT has rapid DT's upon engage.

If you read what i wrote i didn't banish your strategy at all. However, as you know from what you said and Rogean's quote you ran the risk of getting punished by your own actions. There isn't set in stone the fact that you HAVE to train in order to succeed there, it's all in the choice of tactic.

If you feel there aren't many places to train especially with other people in zone, then use a different tactic or you run the risk of punishment with these new rules.

Kiter that aggro'd CT/golem/draco is always the first person to get DTd. There's no such thing as a DT cycle. It hasn't worked that way for months.

Sirken
01-21-2014, 05:29 PM
My bad. I forgot about nilbog's desire to see corpses littered across Norrath.

no worries, thats why im here :cool:

Yibz
01-21-2014, 05:40 PM
I did avoid them.

HeallunRumblebelly
01-21-2014, 05:42 PM
CT of course cause whoever engages him first gets DT'd.

Also, what you're saying is currently whoever engages Draco or a golem at all receives a DT now?

Not having done it in the few months you mentioned myself, i have went off of what others said (members of your guild and others) in regards to those DTs seem to get stored on CT instead of actually going throughout the zone. Which is why CT has extra engage DTs.

Regardless, I know you have the experience which is why it is a little shocking you couldn't avoid them better.

Thing is, ct / draco / golems are to the right (east?) of the portal and to the north, your guild is going to sit up north, if you go only northwest you're not going to have room to avoid casters n such and lead in a wide enough circle (hard to keep em all 100% together). Need some area in SW, which is fine if they were on the wall--I'm guessing the pullers interacted with the train in some way and it all went pear shaped from there.

Babayaaga
01-21-2014, 05:43 PM
How hard would it be to remove old posts with rulesets that no longer apply?

Seems a pretty simple solution, no?

Yibz
01-21-2014, 05:44 PM
Do you have a clue what you're talking about?

There's a reason for the disconnect between the way Sirken, Deurbael, TMO and IB/FE view the situation and the way the casual horde & Rogean are viewing it.

Hint: one of these groups has been to a competetive CT raid in the last 2 years.

Kagatob
01-21-2014, 05:45 PM
Our you know, have someone besides Jeremy stating that they no longer apply.

Erati
01-21-2014, 05:54 PM
Do you have a clue what you're talking about?

There's a reason for the disconnect between the way Sirken, Deurbael, TMO and IB/FE view the situation and the way the casual horde & Rogean are viewing it.

Hint: one of these groups has been to a competetive CT raid in the last 2 years.

elites gonna elite

Yibz
01-21-2014, 05:57 PM
I went off of the fact Rogean himself (the owner of this entire thing with content creator Nilbog) said he was there watching with his own eyes.

So if he felt the need to suspend according to the new rules, i'd assume there was wrong doing. It's obvious some disagree which is your right... but doesn't change the outcome.

Raid suspension happened to try and mend that disconnect, Rogean/Nilbog's ruleset was put in place for everyone hence why we are raiding again.

So you think I should have been suspended because of the fact that I was suspended? Maybe next time you should just say that instead of feigning critical thinking and boasting about your knowledge of incorrect game mechanics and hearsay.

Raavak
01-21-2014, 06:01 PM
One thing that begins to stand out clearly is how much the Class C guildmembers understand about EQ mechanics and how oblivious Class R guildmembers tend to be.

Yibz
01-21-2014, 06:01 PM
elites gonna elite

I'm not an elitist. In fact, I was one of the more vocal members of TMO lobbying to give more dragons to casuals by reviving the endangered species list before the new raid changes.

Funkutron5000
01-21-2014, 06:02 PM
Don't worry, I know like jackshit about mechanics. I'm just here to pew pew.

Doors
01-21-2014, 06:02 PM
Bard kites fear.

Bard trains another guild.

Bard tries grey area defense.

Bard gets suspended.

Bards in TMO.

Forums not really surprised.

baalzy
01-21-2014, 06:08 PM
One thing that begins to stand out clearly is how much the Class C guildmembers understand about EQ mechanics and how oblivious Class R guildmembers tend to be.

Shouldn't their superior knowledge of mechanics allow them to avoid such situations?

Oh wait, it's the other guys responsibility to get out of the way when theres a car driving on the bike path.

Sure, it's the smart thing to do if you don't want to get hit by a car, but just because driving your car on the bike path gets you to work 10 minutes faster than using the streets doesn't really mean you should be doing it.

Yibz
01-21-2014, 06:14 PM
I'm saying i would believe the person who dealt the punishment over the person who received it, when the majority who were there rehashing the events agreed with the punishment. Plus analyzing all the other accounts while you sit here claiming your own "skill" should prove it could've been avoided.

I didn't feign anything and my knowledge of the mechanics are correct as i was doing that zone and competition long before you even arrived here and probably before you on live. The fact that it has changed to what looks like benefit you those 2 years or few months you all monopolized it (whenever it broke)... sounds like someone didn't bug report properly to exploit content.

Here's the bug report. Oh look, a TMO member submitted it...

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=131074&highlight=cazic+Thule

Alarti0001
01-21-2014, 06:27 PM
yet you're suspended... makes sense

Having trouble understanding social aggro mechanics coupled with opposing guild pullers?

CodyF86
01-21-2014, 06:32 PM
Just to clarify everyone was up against the west wall, and I was just north of them,
but still south of the fiend house on the west wall, the kite was coming up from the south wall.

So nothing was even being pulled by me, I flopped.

Aaradin
The A-Team

Yibz
01-21-2014, 06:38 PM
Awesome one month ago when you reference 2 years or multiple months? Convenient, considering that one person who is good about helping make this server correct may not have been there for a long time and when he finally was is when it actually got reported.
Older reports before the forums were updated. Please continue to make yourself look dumb. I'd use an anon forum account too if I were as dense as you.

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=120077&highlight=cazic

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116133&highlight=cazic

Fael
01-21-2014, 06:42 PM
CT of course cause whoever engages him first gets DT'd.

Also, what you're saying is currently whoever engages Draco or a golem at all receives a DT now?

Not having done it in the few months you mentioned myself, i have went off of what others said (members of your guild and others) in regards to those DTs seem to get stored on CT instead of actually going throughout the zone. Which is why CT has extra engage DTs.

Regardless, I know you have the experience which is why it is a little shocking you couldn't avoid them better.

Just so you filthy casuals who don't know how fear works with CT up:

1. There are two types of DTs. First, there are DT's that occur when a golem, draco, or CT is engage. Second, there is a DT cycle.

2. If aggroed, the above mobs will DT the person who aggroed them. Then a cycle will occur where CT will DT someone randomly (or perhaps not randomly) every 30 seconds. This latter cycle is what seems to be storing up whereby CT when rengaged will machine gun down 5-10 people with stored DTs.

3. Bard kiting fear is probably the safest way to minimize trains and control the zone TBH. Learn 2 play. FE and IB and TMO haven't had a bard train one of the other guilds in long long time. This is the first I've seen really. Now FD classes of course have~

Dolic

CodyF86
01-21-2014, 06:45 PM
Actually funny story when draco was at 50%, he machine gun DTed us and
both are tanks died along with snaggle our rogue lol, then he started running back
to CT, that's why he took so long to kill.

Was actually a lot of fun. Seriously tho, I know we've all been talking tons of shit,
but it's rnf and mostly all in good fun. I don't hate any of you guys or anything haha. :)

Aaradin
The A-Team

chief
01-21-2014, 06:52 PM
he probably started to run back to ct because fe ib engaged ct. Ct calls the whole zone when he is engaged

Tecmos Deception
01-21-2014, 07:28 PM
Just so you filthy casuals who don't know how fear works with CT up:

1. There are two types of DTs. First, there are DT's that occur when a golem, draco, or CT is engage. Second, there is a DT cycle.

2. If aggroed, the above mobs will DT the person who aggroed them.

When did golems start DTing?

Yibz
01-21-2014, 07:35 PM
When did golems start DTing?

CT will DT you if you aggro a golem while he's up. Not the golem itself. Same with draco.

Alarti0001
01-21-2014, 07:38 PM
not at all, i'm not the one suspended

1 inactive GM comes back to the game who has near to no experience with end game raiding... but he owns the server so you hold is decisions as gospel? LOL

Kagatob
01-21-2014, 07:41 PM
he owns the server, hold is decisions as gospel.

Yes.

JayN
01-21-2014, 07:41 PM
fe/IB count as two guild for bag limits but joint raid almost everything this seems hardly fair, its like they get double the bag limit.

Wish CSR staff would step up and stop the rules abuse

Alarti0001
01-21-2014, 07:43 PM
Yes.

You have never raided... comment on something you understand like tentacle rape.

Alarti0001
01-21-2014, 07:44 PM
fe/IB count as two guild for bag limits but joint raid almost everything this seems hardly fair, its like they get double the bag limit.

Wish CSR staff would step up and stop the rules abuse

This x10. Is TMO allowed to split into TMO Alpha and TMO Beta?

YendorLootmonkey
01-21-2014, 07:45 PM
You have never raided... comment on something you understand like tentacle rape.

I'll admit, I LOL'd

radditsu
01-21-2014, 07:49 PM

Tmo doesnt have enough betas already?

baalzy
01-21-2014, 07:59 PM
Wouldn't be the same if Alarti weren't in RnF spinning shit.

I mean, he's blaming A-Team because a bard in his guild trained too close to them and transferred social agro. He is also trying to explain it away as being part of his guilds strategy for killing CT and is therefore valid tactic.

Yes, it's a valid tactic. If you screw up and your train flattens another group of players, you're still responsible for the fallout. Since this was a raid environment the punishment was extended to the guild as a whole.

The message is pretty clear. Do whatever legitimate strategies you want in order to compete for your kills. However if your legitimate strategy ends up screwing with another group of players, be prepared to face the consequences.

A-Team did not cause a train to be formed. A-Team did not cause the train to come near their established camp.

hatelore
01-21-2014, 08:07 PM
If trouble was a pile of shit, Alarti would be the fly hovering above. lol Dude seriously stirs himself up in any shit he can. Alarti, do you sometimes find yourself smelling... Like shit? Just curious yo~

Kagatob
01-21-2014, 08:08 PM
You have never raided...

Prove it.

Phatso
01-21-2014, 08:12 PM

why dont u just do it, u whiny fuck.

Triangle
01-21-2014, 08:21 PM
ITT: TMO bitching up a storm when confronted with the fact that everyone on the server hates their guts.

Enjoy your suspension muppets.

Kagatob
01-21-2014, 08:37 PM
prove the obvious.

Tecmos Deception
01-21-2014, 09:29 PM
what am i going to do? i'm going to sit back and either A) watch kids get wiped because they dont understand how fear works, or B) watch kids move out of the way because they do understand how fear works.

It's like he wants me to go berserk and get myself forum banned.

Butthead
01-21-2014, 09:56 PM
not trying to be mean but honestly i think sirken is a bit too sensitive about everything lol..

i got a ban on christmas night for bad language and bad mouthing the gm's / ppl in ooc cause pnp was put in and i didnt know. was drunk and had a horrible holiday wit the fam as usual. (i get madd when im drunk? idk lol)

so i ended up gettin banned but we resolved it and my friend got suspended for a week, and mine was for 2 weeks. served the time and have been playing up until the patch a few days ago.

i tryn log on and it says im banned. aparently sirken didnt want me unbanned and now i gotta repetition and beg fora drunken mistake on christmas night..

i never caused problems before, and iv been on red99 since launch. i took a break and came back and we had more gm's in the family.
Never had anny trouble Ever either, EXCEPT for AMELINDA (old gm).

she told me i could get my ice comet spell made by another wizard. i did it with her standing there, and the spell was made NODROP.
she says petition, and bump it... and to this day, the petition is still up but never got resolved.

and now on christmas i messed up, did my time and was back to normal. kept my mouth shut and played the game, followed the rules and jus did seafuries. havent made a peep since... and now after the patch, im REBANNED?!

i did my time for 2 weeks, i got gear borrowed and spent money that wasnt mine to get ready for raids and now my corpse is rotting and im banned.

After allll my time playing on here, the only problem i ever had was those 2.

funny, i use to hate how the server was strict about the rules and kept it classic..
now look what we have going on...
i did my time, and now since gm's made a mistake... others are losing a few items and some money. (and all the time iv put into my wiz since launch)

I said i was sorry, and clearly we all make mistakes. (players AND gm's)
Unfortunately, Sirken is too sensitive imo. Derubael is mature and has a firm grasp on the game and how it should be run.

aparently people even made videos about Sirken and his banning...

my wizard Daeh is rotting because of a GM mistake.

i messed up one night on christmas and im off the server? (even though another gm allowed me to be suspended for 2 weeks and let me back on since i paid my debts)
Whats Happened To Red99?? I didnt evn engage in pvp after my suspension, i jus ported and pulled.

seriously, any1 know wth is going on? if i can get banned for that, then what about ppl who hack or do something reallllly REALLY BAD. same punishment? =\\

Hopefully they'll discuss it and check their records of what happened. otherwise my red99 times are banned cause of a mistake i made on christmas, and paid for
AHHHHHHH

Kagatob
01-21-2014, 10:01 PM
Wat

fizban
01-21-2014, 10:45 PM
I am not trying to start trouble at all and I really hope I dont get banned for speaking my mind. This really sucks for butthead. I to have never had any issues on p99 red untill Sirken but then again butthead we really dont know what sirkens been threw in life to make him that sensitive you know? he could of had some fucked up shit happen to him as a kid or didnt have many friends/ girlfriend or some shit so he feels ultra powerful banning people and he clearly does not really pay attention to what other gms do in terms of letting people pay there debts in suspension instead he acts on emotion and perma banns without any word or trial on the matter... which gender runs on emotions hmmm =) no one should get banned for STICKS AND STONES so to say.. A perma bann should however come if they hack or something but even then they should have a trial and proof before they make it so ALLLL the days of work you invested isnt just fuckin wasted.. I really hope nothing happens to fizban for this post i held back and sensored the shit out of it sorry for my poor grammer and some mistyped spelling i type to fast lol...

PS I wonder what the population would be at if all the people who got banned that didnt hack got to come back my guess is alot.. I would also like to thank the OTHER gms and staff on this server for they are actually pretty kickass people who are pretty easy going and laid back.

Tenlaar
01-21-2014, 10:48 PM
http://global3.memecdn.com/wat-wat-wat_o_1681599.jpg

fizban
01-22-2014, 12:34 AM
lol at that pic

hatelore
01-22-2014, 01:16 AM
rofl

chief
01-22-2014, 02:38 AM
buttheads story made the thREAD lol

Butthead
01-22-2014, 04:14 AM
it almost sounds made up, its actually that stupid

Barkingturtle
01-22-2014, 10:11 AM
Sirken and Derubael are fine, but they both make me long for the relatively articulate Uthgaard. I mean, the GM's will always make unpopular decisions -- that's a given. I just appreciate when it's done with some panache. I encourage staff to power-trip and lash-out at the n00bs you lord over, but do it with style. Try to develop a compelling voice. Use some fucking capitalization, too -- this ain't the Red forums.

Sirken
01-22-2014, 10:23 AM
I am not trying to start trouble at all and I really hope I dont get banned for speaking my mind. This really sucks for butthead. I to have never had any issues on p99 red untill Sirken but then again butthead we really dont know what sirkens been threw in life to make him that sensitive you know? he could of had some fucked up shit happen to him as a kid or didnt have many friends/ girlfriend or some shit so he feels ultra powerful banning people and he clearly does not really pay attention to what other gms do in terms of letting people pay there debts in suspension instead he acts on emotion and perma banns without any word or trial on the matter... which gender runs on emotions hmmm =) no one should get banned for STICKS AND STONES so to say.. A perma bann should however come if they hack or something but even then they should have a trial and proof before they make it so ALLLL the days of work you invested isnt just fuckin wasted.. I really hope nothing happens to fizban for this post i held back and sensored the shit out of it sorry for my poor grammer and some mistyped spelling i type to fast lol...

PS I wonder what the population would be at if all the people who got banned that didnt hack got to come back my guess is alot.. I would also like to thank the OTHER gms and staff on this server for they are actually pretty kickass people who are pretty easy going and laid back.

Fizban, contrary to buttheads belief, i dont ban people for speaking their mind. but apparently u need attention too, so, request granted.

again, another shining example of a person that thinks they can do and say whatever they want on in game public channels. your situation i actually do remember, you were banned on dec 25th, and it was changed by me to a suspension 5 days later on dec 30th. i do not remember how long of a suspension was given, but i can see it has ended.

did u seriously just ask for a trial? spoiler alert, if your actions are witnessed by a staff member, you're guilty.

as much as i love the whole "Sirken banned me for acting like a fucking douchebag, he's clearly too sensitive" position, give me a fucking break. you remind me of a bratty child that just had his little butt spanked by daddy for the first time and thinks that means daddy doesnt love him any more.

PS I wonder what the population would be at if all the people who got banned that didnt hack got to come back my guess is alot..
imo you should instead wonder about how great the population would be if i was allowed to just ban everyone that deserves it regardless of evidence.

I would also like to thank the OTHER gms and staff on this server for they are actually pretty kickass people who are pretty easy going and laid back.
err.. who? the only CSR staff members your server has seen in the last 20 months with any form of consistency has been Zade and myself. if you think you should be allowed to run your mouth in public channels bashing the server or it's staff, then i think you should start playing somewhere else.

either be happy your shit was changed to a suspension, or go over my head to Rogean or Nilbog, but do it quietly because nobody here is going to feel sorry for a guy in your position after they hear the complete story.

have a wonderful day!
-Sirks

TL/DR
kids got spanked by daddy
kids think daddy doesn't love them anymore

mcappy
01-22-2014, 11:49 AM
imo you should instead wonder about how great the population would be if i was allowed to just ban everyone that deserves it regardless of evidence.

On Red? 3, maybe 4 people would be left. We're a bunch of dickheads.