PDA

View Full Version : Why is a coth race better than a log in race?

mishurza
01-21-2014, 04:17 PM
I've never understood why it was a negative thing to camp out at mobs. Sure it was terribly boring but it meant that if you took the time to prep you had a better chance at killing your target.

With the new restriction on camping at raid targets it is likely that my enchanter will never see Trakanon alive again. With every spawn being a race to see who can get coth an appropriate raid force the fastest, support classes are given zero priority for getting cothed.

Why is this system better?

Erati
01-21-2014, 04:20 PM
at least you knew where you post this thread

pity reply

mishurza
01-21-2014, 04:22 PM
And unsurprisingly Erati is unable to form a meaningful comment.

Detoxx
01-21-2014, 04:24 PM
Hey, they wanted us off the ledge, now were all crowding the zone in the same way we used to crowd the ledge, but with 3 more guilds attempting! GG

Artaenc
01-21-2014, 04:38 PM
Just going to have to level a wizard/cleric/warrior/bard or rogue if I want to be cothed and not get screwed...

Kagatob
01-21-2014, 04:41 PM
Because the server is 3 years overdue for an expansion?

Raavak
01-21-2014, 04:46 PM
Logging in enough at ledge to get the kill is somewhat more trivial than logging enough on to organize getting down to the lair. Its not a big change, but it does at an element of organization that didn't exist before.

quido
01-21-2014, 04:51 PM
It's bit tougher since you got banned bro.

I don't think you could make it 50% of the time now.

Alarti0001
01-21-2014, 04:54 PM
I've never understood why it was a negative thing to camp out at mobs. Sure it was terribly boring but it meant that if you took the time to prep you had a better chance at killing your target.

With the new restriction on camping at raid targets it is likely that my enchanter will never see Trakanon alive again. With every spawn being a race to see who can get coth an appropriate raid force the fastest, support classes are given zero priority for getting cothed.

Why is this system better?

Obviously to incentivize mages. This entire concept was intended to make mages a desirable class again.

kotton05
01-21-2014, 05:02 PM
Obviously to incentivize mages. This entire concept was intended to make mages a desirable class again.

Wts coth

Funkutron5000
01-21-2014, 05:04 PM
mages a desirable class.

let's not say things we can't take back now.

Raavak
01-21-2014, 05:04 PM
Just going to have to level a wizard/cleric/warrior/bard or rogue if I want to be cothed and not get screwed...Everyone else can just wait at zone in to see if you win loot :/ This is a negative side-effect of the current raid rules. I remember this happening on Live...

As Stealin said, just grab a shaman and some knights and start working your way down. I don't know if I'd even wait for CoH because if its a race you won't get it.

Visual
01-21-2014, 06:06 PM
Server makes no sense anymore. Struggling to force myself to log in these days.

If I was capable of displaying emotions i'd cry right now

Alarti0001
01-21-2014, 06:28 PM

radditsu
01-21-2014, 07:07 PM

Boo fucking hoo.

You too faglarti.

Alarti0001
01-21-2014, 07:39 PM
Boo fucking hoo.

You too faglarti.

rADDitsu

kotton05
01-21-2014, 07:51 PM
I tried to log in, spell files out of date lol

Droog007
01-22-2014, 12:26 PM
At last - they begin to see... you can make a game less fun when you work too hard at it.

Type A's ... DIAF pls

Geofizzle
01-22-2014, 12:30 PM
OP makes a very good point here.

The answer to your question of why is it better is because now other people are getting loot, because this entire thing was all about getting more loot for casual players. They're greedy, entitled fucks arent they?

khanable
01-22-2014, 12:41 PM
Maybe it's time to finally nerf /makeleader.

Shit ain't classic, yo.

HeallunRumblebelly
01-22-2014, 12:50 PM
Maybe it's time to finally nerf /makeleader.

Shit ain't classic, yo.

Not really relevant. You're allowed 2 on ledge--one class with levant and one mage or 2 mages with one being bound at the tomato. Doesn't really solve anything.

Bruman
01-22-2014, 01:02 PM
You can't remove camping from EQ. Almost all PVE gameplay in EQ revolves around it. All you do is shift how/when it occurs. Seems pointless with little/no gain.

It may be marginally better than having 200 toons sitting in Trak's lair, seeing Trak instantly vaporize, and whoever got FTE or had the best KS group getting loot. But it's just another type of stupidity.

It's how the game is made, /shrug. It's Rogean's sandbox though, I'm content to play by whatever rules he likes.

mishurza
01-23-2014, 03:59 PM
OP makes a very good point here.

The answer to your question of why is it better is because now other people are getting loot, because this entire thing was all about getting more loot for casual players. They're greedy, entitled fucks arent they?

This doesn't answer my question. Smaller guilds are getting loot because of the 3 tiered rotation system that was established, not because of where they have to camp out now.

You can't remove camping from EQ. Almost all PVE gameplay in EQ revolves around it. All you do is shift how/when it occurs. Seems pointless with little/no gain.

It may be marginally better than having 200 toons sitting in Trak's lair, seeing Trak instantly vaporize, and whoever got FTE or had the best KS group getting loot. But it's just another type of stupidity.

It's how the game is made, /shrug. It's Rogean's sandbox though, I'm content to play by whatever rules he likes.

Thank you for your response.

hatelore
01-23-2014, 04:03 PM
It's bit tougher since you got banned bro.

I don't think you could make it 50% of the time now.

This is true. Tons of see invis on the way down now plus cos nerf didn't help.