PDA

View Full Version : The Memory Could not be read Error

Caleban
01-23-2014, 04:12 PM
Hey guys,

I have installed EQ Titanium and used Duxa's All in One Installer Tool. I installed EQemulator successfully. I get to the point when I Login to the game and the music starts, followed by this error message:

:: The instruction 0x02c91c6b referenced memory at 0x00000018. The memory could not be read. ::

I have searched for an answer to this and found one archived post (http://www.project1999.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-55314.html) that has not helped me as I repeated the steps suggested in it to no avail.

Any help would be much appreciated.

I would try bypassing Duxa's but I am unable to manually extract the latest patch notes to my EQ Titanium directory as the extraction blocks at 84% with 32 errors. If anyone knows what I am doing wrong here that could also help as I could try an install without using Duxa's.

Thanks

altona
01-23-2014, 08:05 PM
I am in the same boat. Get the error after trying to load the server.

Following this: http://www.project1999.com/forums/showpost.php?p=892413&postcount=3
instead of using the batch file from the other link allowed it to load.

Spacebar
01-23-2014, 08:31 PM
I have that problem when I use my Nvidia graphics card on my laptop. But when I switch to the integrated card on the same laptop, I don't have any problems. It's really strange. Just another note, the Nvidia graphics card works with all other games on my laptop but it just doesn't like P99 for some ungodly reason.

Caleban
01-23-2014, 08:36 PM
Thanks for getting back to me.

I followed each of those steps but get the exact same error. I have tried two different versions of EQ Titanium, same error on both.

My gut feeling is that I am not patching the game correctly. I am unable to extract the patch files directly to the EQ Directory, the process is blocked by 7zip at 84% with 32 errors. The only way I found of incorporating the patch files to my EQ directory was to extract them to a separate folder first, copy them and paste directly into EQ directory. I don't know if this means I have actually patched the game or not.

Alternatively, could the issue be linked to EQEmulator in any way?

I'll admit I'm at a loss as to what to do (Duxa doesn't autopatch as of October 2013 so that is not an option either). I would love to be able to return to EQ so any further help would be greatly appreciated.

Caleban
01-23-2014, 08:39 PM
On the graphics card issue, I am also running EQ on a laptop, it runs on Intel HD Graphics 4000 so there is no dedicated gpu. Never thought that the graphics could be an issue though.

altona
01-23-2014, 08:50 PM
So It ran fine till I logged out then it crashed and it appears the problem is back. I am running on a Desktop with an NVidia card as well..

Caleban
01-23-2014, 09:09 PM
Sorry to hear it's not working on you again Altona.

The graphics card chat got me thinking, I rolled back my driver but that changed nothing. I also tweaked the video options for EQ itself but again nothing. I reinstalled the game for the umpteenth time and tried launching both via Duxa's and then via the manual method described above, nothing doing I am still getting the error message.

Tasslehofp99
01-23-2014, 09:34 PM
This has been happening to me since the last patch.

If I /camp out or die, I seem to crash and get this message about 3/4 of the time.

Zoning works fine and rarely causes me to crash, unless its a zone back to my bind point after I die in which case I crash 3/4 times. Oddly enough gating to my bind doesn't crash me, only seems to happen when I die. Also /camp server and /camp desktop commands almost always seem to crash me to desktop with this memory message.

Using /camp also seems to cause me to crash about 1/2 to 3/4 times or so it seems.

Caleban
01-23-2014, 09:47 PM
Some intense googling has led me to a couple of resources that seem to suggest that 0x 0x memory error messages occur when a programme is interfering with the programme you are trying to launch (apologies if I am stating the obvious here, I for one did not know this to be the case). Some suggested hotfixes include updating graphics/sound drivers, putting antivirus softwares on silent/gaming mode or (if brave enough, not recommended) switching them off completely.

I have done the following, rolled back my graphics driver. No dice
Re-updated it. No dice
Switched off my antivirus (I was desperate at that point). No dice

Each time I have tried this, I have uninstalled EQ, restarted comp, reinstalled EQ. No dice.

Will keep plugging away but if anyone does come across a fix for this, that would save me a lot of time. Good luck to those with same problem, it's a real buzzkill.

KwwBall
01-23-2014, 10:35 PM
My friend just installed and is having the same type of error. Gonna try and help him fix it. If we find a solution we will let ya know.

altona
01-24-2014, 03:50 PM
I seem to be resolved again. Updated drivers and turned off SLI and reinstalled to C drive instead of a secondary drive. Not really sure which of those 3 things fixed it... but it works so far

Tasslehofp99
01-26-2014, 03:01 AM
I'm still getting this message, along with a client crash, just about 50% of the time I try zoning and about 100% of the time I camp/switch accounts.

Caleban
01-26-2014, 06:38 AM
I still haven't been able to fix this. As stupid as this sounds, any chance someone could give me a step by step walk through of how they installed, patched and got the game to run properly?

Tasslehofp99
01-26-2014, 07:54 AM
There's a post on the forums here somewhere explaining it in detail, ill find and link it once I'm out of work.

Caleban
01-26-2014, 12:10 PM
Thanks! I have followed the instructions on the getting started thread and also used Duxa's but still think I'm doing something wrong. Alternatively it could be linked to my laptop's graphics, anyone playing the game on Intel HD 4000?

Zereh
01-26-2014, 12:48 PM
Is it DX related?

Caleban
01-26-2014, 08:18 PM
I have maybe fixed my issue. I was able to log in using WinEQ. I don't always get a loading page when logging in/out or zoning, instead I get an unresponsive screen for a few secs before game resumes. I am also getting a couple of instances where I run up to a static mob that should normally aggro me only for it to do nothing and for my autoattack not to trigger anything, as if the mob was not there at all.

Caleban
01-26-2014, 08:59 PM
I have now completely resolved the issue. While trawling through old posts on this forum looking for some information on WinEQ2, I stumbled upon this thread:

http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=134422

Had I found this before I would not have bothered you all with a number of posts of this issue but the post wasn't very helpfully titled, it only struck me a few minutes ago that it might even relate to my issue which is why I opened the thread.

Anyway, I altered both my computer's and EQ's resolution to 1260x768 and the game runs just fine using EQEmu to launch, no need to go via WinEQ2 anymore. Thanks to all those who offered solutions, I hope the above helps those still getting this message get in game, if you see Spots or Ipesh on send me a tell!

Nuggie
01-26-2014, 09:10 PM
nevermind

parlay1
02-10-2014, 03:51 AM
I was having this issue after I got my new pc with windows 8.1, once I right clicked on my short cut and had it run in compatibility mode for Windows XP it fixed it, not sure if this would help you but thought I would at least put it up for reference.

oddphase
09-16-2014, 01:36 PM
I was having this issue after I got my new pc with windows 8.1, once I right clicked on my short cut and had it run in compatibility mode for Windows XP it fixed it, not sure if this would help you but thought I would at least put it up for reference.

Not sure if anyone is still struggling with this, but this fixed my issues. I am also running Win 8.1.

takram
09-18-2014, 07:06 PM
I had this issue today and the fix listed in #20/#21 worked for me on win 8.1.

More specifically, I navigated to C:\Everquest, right clicked eqgame.exe, selected properties, clicked the compatibility tab, and checked the box to run the program in compatibility mode for Windows XP SP3.