PDA

View Full Version : I dont buy the smarmy Altruistic sentiment Gm's give for "Volunteering" their time

Lron
01-25-2014, 03:54 AM
let me preface this by saying i genuinely like the staff on P99 and as an observer, it seems to me they are doing an amazing job on this server.

With that being said, I do believe some of these guys would have us believe they are doing all of this work, for us, with no personal gain. This is just outright fictitious and disingenuous.

Why work diligently and hard on a project that reaps you no monetary gain? Its simple.

People will do just about anything for a small level of celebrity status and social hierarchy.

Being a staff member on P99 guarantees you more name recognition and status among your peers than just about anything you could accomplish in game.

As human beings we are designed to want to be leaders of men and gain the attention of our peers and be viewed as something special and important.

Being in a position of leadership in ANY social circle is a coveted and desired place to be because of our genetic predispositions. The only thing worth more than money; power, leadership and social status.

So please spare us the "WE Volunteer for you guys!" rhetoric, because you are being fulfilled by those of us who play this game more than you could ever fulfill us by your "volunteer" work.

The small level of celebrity you become by being a staff member is the primary motivating factor to your volunteerism and that is perfectly fine, but lets be honest with one another and not try to shroud our true motivations in altruism.

I love you guys.

Sirken
01-25-2014, 03:58 AM
so basically what youre saying is...

i should expect a staff application from you soon?

Lron
01-25-2014, 04:06 AM
Sirken my name recognition and social status is probably higher than yours from my past achievements so I decline your invitation to be a P99 GM.

Tanthallas
01-25-2014, 04:21 AM
lol

Sirken
01-25-2014, 04:31 AM
Sirken my name recognition and social status is probably higher than yours from my past achievements so I decline your invitation to be a P99 GM.

you are adorable.

<3

Sodapop
01-25-2014, 04:39 AM
sirken answer your skype, I'm trying to ship you the xanax

Shaakglith12194
01-25-2014, 06:00 AM

Lron, I thought your name was associated with bad threads/posts and an inability to play the game well? Isn't there like a whole thread devoted to pity replies for your posts so that people don't bump threads that you make?

hatelore
01-25-2014, 06:03 AM
lol

Nocsucow
01-25-2014, 06:12 AM
let me preface this by saying i genuinely like the staff on P99 and as an observer, it seems to me they are doing an amazing job on this server.

With that being said, I do believe some of these guys would have us believe they are doing all of this work, for us, with no personal gain. This is just outright fictitious and disingenuous.

Why work diligently and hard on a project that reaps you no monetary gain? Its simple.

People will do just about anything for a small level of celebrity status and social hierarchy.

Being a staff member on P99 guarantees you more name recognition and status among your peers than just about anything you could accomplish in game.

As human beings we are designed to want to be leaders of men and gain the attention of our peers and be viewed as something special and important.

Being in a position of leadership in ANY social circle is a coveted and desired place to be because of our genetic predispositions. The only thing worth more than money; power, leadership and social status.

So please spare us the "WE Volunteer for you guys!" rhetoric, because you are being fulfilled by those of us who play this game more than you could ever fulfill us by your "volunteer" work.

The small level of celebrity you become by being a staff member is the primary motivating factor to your volunteerism and that is perfectly fine, but lets be honest with one another and not try to shroud our true motivations in altruism.

I love you guys.

i still dont know who this guy is..... whos his in game char?

Buriedpast
01-25-2014, 06:21 AM
Lron is an EQmac guy of notoriety for nothing really achieved except for mass summoning bread with the VT clicky to lag people out, and being trained and killed whenever we felt like it after he threatened us and trained IB xp groups when we were new to server. A few xp groups taught me he was competent at playing a sk at a basic level though with plenty of game knowledge. Just mouth is much larger than his skillset.

At most a forum troll, at the very least a barely competent player in PoP era who was given a serious skillcheck by some of the best to have ever played.

Nocsucow
01-25-2014, 06:26 AM
Lron is an EQmac guy of notoriety for nothing really achieved except for mass summoning bread with the VT clicky to lag people out, and being trained and killed whenever we felt like it after he threatened us and trained IB xp groups when we were new to server. A few xp groups taught me he was competent at playing a sk at a basic level though with plenty of game knowledge. Just mouth is much larger than his skillset.

At most a forum troll, at the very least a barely competent player in PoP era who was given a serious skillcheck by some of the best to have ever played.

ok so pretty much hes a Homo from eqmac trying to carry on a dead rep to a well populated server?

Skittlez
01-25-2014, 06:43 AM

and you cry about EC prices. Titty baby.

YendorLootmonkey
01-25-2014, 11:38 AM
Lron, I thought your name was associated with bad threads/posts and an inability to play the game well? Isn't there like a whole thread devoted to pity replies for your posts so that people don't bump threads that you make?

He didn't claim POSITIVE name recognition and social status.

BurgyK
01-25-2014, 04:36 PM
who the fuck is this Lron?

HeallunRumblebelly
01-25-2014, 04:50 PM
He didn't claim POSITIVE name recognition and social status.

Hitler a pretty well known guy.

Tanthallas
01-25-2014, 07:34 PM
Lron is a hero.

Sidelle
01-25-2014, 07:45 PM
Lron's an ok guy, even though he invited me into his "free candy" windowless rape van. (So did Relapse, btw.)

http://perfectconversion.net/News/2009/free_candy_van.jpg

<3

Aaron
01-25-2014, 08:10 PM
Hitler a pretty well known guy.

Godwin's Law (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin's_law) never more true than on gaming forums I think.

Rellapse36
01-25-2014, 08:38 PM
Lron's an ok guy, even though he invited me into his "free candy" windowless rape van. (So did Relapse, btw.)

http://perfectconversion.net/News/2009/free_candy_van.jpg

<3

naw naw

Gaffin 3.0
01-25-2014, 09:28 PM
http://i43.tinypic.com/2aj84g5.jpg

phacemeltar
01-25-2014, 09:51 PM
so basically what youre saying is...

i should expect a staff application from you soon?

mine has been on forums for months now.

Sidelle
01-25-2014, 10:00 PM
naw naw

I tbink you need to fix sig image.

Rellapse36
01-25-2014, 10:01 PM
why

Rhambuk
01-25-2014, 10:05 PM
blah blah blahblah

more garbage from our lron. I'm starting to think that L. Ron Hubbard's fictional story of xenu is far far more interesting than anything our lron has had to say ever.

Sidelle
01-25-2014, 10:06 PM
why
Cuz it looks like this:

http://www.rerolled.org/attachment.php?attachmentid=56734&d=1389751691

Rhambuk
01-25-2014, 10:10 PM
Cuz it looks like this:

it looks like,

?

Kagatob
01-25-2014, 10:12 PM
blah blah blahblah

more garbage from our lron. I'm starting to think that L. Ron Hubbard's fictional story of xenu is far far more interesting than anything our lron has had to say ever.

Just starting now? You must have the patience of a saint.

Rhambuk
01-25-2014, 10:14 PM
Just starting now? You must have the patience of a saint.

meh, I waited...and waited...thinking to myself no one would actually give the attention that lron is seeking. I was wrong, I forgot that rnf is mostly attention seekers so they just flock to posts like this.

Haynar
01-25-2014, 10:22 PM
I help on p99 because i like to program. I like the challenge of reproducing classic mechanics.

I dont play on the server. I am a boxer, and boxing is not allowed. I tried to play non- boxing and I hate it.

I am not out for recognition. I dont GM either. I cant stand the whiney sense of entitlement attitude from some users.

I am a myseq user. I cant stand to play without it. Another reason I dont play here. I am a dev on the seq project too.

I help out here because i like eq. And I like to code.

Altruistic? As close as you are going to get.

I just like to fix stuff.

Haynar

Kagatob
01-25-2014, 10:23 PM
meh, I waited...and waited...thinking to myself no one would actually give the attention that lron is seeking. I was wrong, I forgot that rnf is mostly attention seekers so they just flock to posts like this.

I gave up on the pity reply thread, so many morons not utilizing it when it was consistently both bumped and linked.

Rhambuk
01-25-2014, 10:24 PM
I gave up on the pity reply thread, so many morons not utilizing it when it was consistently both bumped and linked.

I don't think it matters, even with 0 attention he would still create random pointless threads hbb style ( love HbB! ).

Rellapse36
01-25-2014, 10:24 PM
Cuz it looks like this:

This happens to me every time i get a new pixel

Nocsucow
01-25-2014, 10:43 PM
I help on p99 because i like to program. I like the challenge of reproducing classic mechanics.

I dont play on the server. I am a boxer, and boxing is not allowed. I tried to play non- boxing and I hate it.

I am not out for recognition. I dont GM either. I cant stand the whiney sense of entitlement attitude from some users.

I am a myseq user. I cant stand to play without it. Another reason I dont play here. I am a dev on the seq project too.

Haynar

love this .. hes keeping it 100 and i think probably 90% of anyone who works on these emulated servers feel this way.

Rhambuk
01-25-2014, 10:48 PM
love this .. hes keeping it 100 and i think probably 90% of anyone who works on these emulated servers feel this way.

hes on the take haven't you heard
l I do believe some of these guys would have us believe they are doing all of this work, for us, with no personal gain. This is just outright fictitious and disingenuous.

Rellapse36
01-25-2014, 10:49 PM
hes keeping it 100

lol @ a 30+ yr old white dude trying to be cool

Haynar
01-25-2014, 10:54 PM
I got the 411 for ya.

Thats coolness from the 46 year old white dude.

Barkingturtle
01-25-2014, 11:15 PM

Haynar

http://pics.livejournal.com/hipsterdad/pic/002drap3

Sidelle
01-25-2014, 11:26 PM
Barkingturtle is such a hardass and very hard to impress.

Rhambuk
01-25-2014, 11:30 PM
Barkingturtle is such a hardass and very hard to impress.

Hilarious too.

There is no impressing him imo

Sidelle
01-25-2014, 11:33 PM
Hilarious too.

Absolutely.

joppykid
01-26-2014, 12:41 AM

he isn't 30 lmao

Tanthallas
01-26-2014, 06:03 AM
Hilarious too.

He would be impressed if he saw me naked.

Sidelle
01-26-2014, 08:51 AM
Send pm. I am in charge of looking through all his correspondence.

=)

Barkingturtle
01-26-2014, 09:45 AM

Why? Can you stretch it further than Goatsse?

Just kidding. I'm sure I'd be impressed.

I mean, have you ever seen an artist paint an entire masterpiece on a grain of rice? That shit is impressive. You're like, "how'd they do that? How'd they get that art on that singular grain of rice?"

It would kinda be the opposite of that. I'd be impressed. I'd be all, "wow! How'd they get that sad little baby-penis on that immensely fat neckbeard?!"

Sidelle
01-26-2014, 10:09 AM
(Still wanna see. Barkingturtle not ruining my fun today.)

P.S. Would like to see a work of art on one grain of rice, too. I appreciate the arts.

Tanthallas
01-26-2014, 10:17 AM
Send pm. I am in charge of looking through all his correspondence.

=)

Oh dont think I wont send you one, but I get one back. No handouts, pics or pixels.

Cant wait to petition for my new title, the Homewrecker.

Nocsucow
01-26-2014, 10:38 AM

aww whats wrong mr lapse are you in the mid 20s and aint cool ? im only 27 btw and i keep it 100 no matter what

Tasslehofp99
01-26-2014, 10:39 AM
Oh dont think I wont send you one, but I get one back. No handouts, pics or pixels.

omg lol'd

radditsu
01-26-2014, 10:46 AM
Lron just mad cause his ass is old:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=t36e54uv1SQ

Sidelle
01-26-2014, 11:49 AM

Shit. Bluff called.

:D

Tanthallas
01-26-2014, 12:19 PM
This isnt about you Sidelle, its about my title.

Stop being greedy and send said pic.

Tune
01-26-2014, 12:22 PM
being a celeb sux

Tanthallas
01-26-2014, 12:39 PM
Hope youre happy

http://i39.tinypic.com/2cy1iqu.png