PDA

View Full Version : My $300 carwash

Tiggles
01-31-2014, 01:08 PM
Driving home last night get pulled over by a local cop for limo stopping at a stop sign. Asks for my License Registration proof of insurance and I pull out my license and go into my glove compartment for my registration and progressive card and find my glove compartment completely empty.

I realized that on monday I had my car washed and interior cleaned and someone must of took the entire contents of my glove compartment. I try and tell the officer what happened and offer to call my insurance company and get proof of insurance on the spot and he orders me out of the car and calls a tow truck.

He says I can get everything fixed by going to the impound with my info to get my car then showing a judge my information to get out of the citation and then tows me car.

After getting a ride from my girlfriend I decide to google the cops name and the name of the owner of the "autobody" place and it looks like they graduated from the same high school at the same year and are friends.

Is that shit even legal?

So today I had to pay almost $150 in towing costs to get my car and i'm sure I'm going to get a nice citation in the mail for another $150+

Can't get a hold of the car wash people either but thats at the bottom of my list right now anyways.

Took the day off to take care of all this shit, good news the Landmark Alpha is supposed to start today maybe that will cheer me up.

I would consult my legal counsel but Zeelot is currently suffering from casual raid rotation induced insanity.

runlvlzero
01-31-2014, 01:17 PM
Your rights been voilated, 2 bad u didn't have a gone on you to defend yourself from your evil corrupt kleptocratic police state.

To be serious though, you should have made the cop follow due process, most states have statues/laws/regulations in effect saying he cant go straight to the to truck, you could have at least called the station and spoke to his chief.

runlvlzero
01-31-2014, 01:17 PM
*gun

also u prob live in a shitty state, in FL that shit don't happen unless ur black

baalzy
01-31-2014, 01:18 PM
That sucks. I'm not sure anything he did was 'illegal' but a highly dick move. Should have been trivial for him to look up your registration and match it to your drivers license. I've never heard of someone being towed because they didn't have proof of insurance, they're usually given the ticket and then get it removed later by showing up to court with their proof of insurance at that point.

Right after high school I went on a camping trip with a bunch of friends. We had a giant cooler full of beer and got pulled over speeding through a construction zone. My friends mom had done the same thing, cleared out his glove box. The officer just made us dump our beer out and let us go.

baalzy
01-31-2014, 01:20 PM
Aaaand chances are if you try to raise any kind of stink about this cop shuttling business to his high school buddy it'll do 2 things:

1) Have absolutely no negative effect on the cop
2) Cause you to get constantly harassed for bullshit infractions by every cop in that city.

Tiggles
01-31-2014, 01:34 PM
Aaaand chances are if you try to raise any kind of stink about this cop shuttling business to his high school buddy it'll do 2 things:

1) Have absolutely no negative effect on the cop
2) Cause you to get constantly harassed for bullshit infractions by every cop in that city.

Yeah he is like a corporal or something rank so I assume he isn't some newbie cop. It's not worth raising a stink over it i'll pay the $150 and fight the ticket but I won't mention his friends autobody place.

I'm going to read some old Hasbinbad posts about America to make myself feel better.

runlvlzero
01-31-2014, 01:34 PM
Not if you go through the proper channels, he might get told not to start shit. Depends. How corrupt is your city/county?

runlvlzero
01-31-2014, 01:35 PM
Or just find a more corrupt individual, like the mayor or someone around him to raise some shit with his boss, but that'd prob cost more than 150$ and ur not a good o'le boy

Amirite
01-31-2014, 01:36 PM
stop means stops. don't roll through stop signs dummy.

that is illegal!

runlvlzero
01-31-2014, 01:38 PM
yeah but normally the penalty for rolling a bit at a stopsign is not getting your vehicle impounded

quido
01-31-2014, 01:39 PM
I'd put a bullet in him and issue a manifesto to the local press stating that all corrupt municipal employees will be mercilessly picked off.

freez
01-31-2014, 01:40 PM
one time at an automaic car wash

i was smoking a blunt with a huge line behind me atleast 3 cars

got high and pulled out after it rainbow soaped me and watched 3+ cars of people yelling with thier hands up because they had to wait on my ghost wash

yes it was deluxe

sulpher01
01-31-2014, 01:49 PM
Wow wtf... what state are you from? Didn't even know they could tow you for registration or insurance... in texas you don't even have to have the insurance anymore, they can just look it up on their lil computer.

Nikon
01-31-2014, 01:51 PM

got high and pulled out after it rainbow soaped me and watched 3+ cars of people yelling with thier hands up because they had to wait on my ghost wash

yes it was deluxe

Great story. Would read again.

Tiggles
01-31-2014, 02:15 PM
Wow wtf... what state are you from? Didn't even know they could tow you for registration or insurance... in texas you don't even have to have the insurance anymore, they can just look it up on their lil computer.

PA

fishingme
01-31-2014, 02:19 PM
Hire some local kids to vandalize the impound lot for whatever the impound fee was. Hire a lawyer first to fight the ticket. Don't roll through stop signs

freez
01-31-2014, 02:23 PM
cop should of maced you and beat you for running that stop sign

tbh

hatelore
01-31-2014, 02:32 PM
Moral of the story = dont be a nerd like tiggles and live in shitty Pa. Be more like freez and ghost wash while burning blizunts~

joppykid
01-31-2014, 02:50 PM
I think it depends on state but typically you have 48 hours to provide proof of insurance. Would look into that.

Tiggles
01-31-2014, 02:50 PM
Moral of the story = dont be a nerd like tiggles and live in shitty Pa. Be more like freez and ghost wash while burning blizunts~

Thulack
01-31-2014, 02:54 PM
Yes in PA you get your shit towed if you don't have the proper papers.

hatelore
01-31-2014, 02:55 PM
I can't believe they towed you for no insurance. That shit seems unlawful. I have driven for about 19 years and only had insurance about 30% of that time. Only 1 no insurance ticket too and it was deferred judification. I figure so far I'm winning.

Minimang
01-31-2014, 03:00 PM
Driving home last night get pulled over by a local cop for limo stopping at a stop sign. Asks for my License Registration proof of insurance and I pull out my license and go into my glove compartment for my registration and progressive card and find my glove compartment completely empty.

I realized that on monday I had my car washed and interior cleaned and someone must of took the entire contents of my glove compartment. I try and tell the officer what happened and offer to call my insurance company and get proof of insurance on the spot and he orders me out of the car and calls a tow truck.

He says I can get everything fixed by going to the impound with my info to get my car then showing a judge my information to get out of the citation and then tows me car.

After getting a ride from my girlfriend I decide to google the cops name and the name of the owner of the "autobody" place and it looks like they graduated from the same high school at the same year and are friends.

Is that shit even legal?

So today I had to pay almost $150 in towing costs to get my car and i'm sure I'm going to get a nice citation in the mail for another $150+

Can't get a hold of the car wash people either but thats at the bottom of my list right now anyways.

Took the day off to take care of all this shit, good news the Landmark Alpha is supposed to start today maybe that will cheer me up.

I would consult my legal counsel but Zeelot is currently suffering from casual raid rotation induced insanity.

Protip: Keep a insurance card in your wallet.
http://i.imgur.com/MljkZxM.gif

Thulack
01-31-2014, 03:05 PM
I can't believe they towed you for no insurance. That shit seems unlawful. I have driven for about 19 years and only had insurance about 30% of that time. Only 1 no insurance ticket too and it was deferred judification. I figure so far I'm winning.

Do you not have your car registered? All that shit is tied together in PA and you have to give your insurance info for all that stuff.

hatelore
01-31-2014, 03:18 PM
Do you not have your car registered? All that shit is tied together in PA and you have to give your insurance info for all that stuff.

Down here in texas, its a little corrupt. I could list about 5 different places That will sell you a legit inspection for 60, not no fake inspection but one registered to the state. And I'm not sayin shit about the reg, but I will say... Courthouse employees be corrupt yo~ ;) and thats all I got to say bout dat.

But one time I went 3 years without a reg,inspection or insurance. Till my wife got sick of going to stores etc with me and.demanded I get tjem or we will never go anywhere together in my ride. I figured I saved over 2 grand that time to invest with. Even if you do get caught, you just need to know how to work the courts.

Don't ever sot back and think the.courts are prestine. Those are the.biggest money grubbing pimps I know besides repo men, lawyers and pawn shop owners.

Tldr, short version= I am a corrupt mofo~

hatelore
01-31-2014, 03:22 PM
I would never suggest though for anyone.to use a fake reg though. That's serious.business, alot of questions and you will deal with a pretty pissed off judge. Since.they are issued from the courthouse. Gotta know someone on the inside.

sulpher01
01-31-2014, 04:33 PM
It's pretty sad when your state is more backwards than texas...

Tiggles
01-31-2014, 05:43 PM
It's pretty sad when your state is more backwards than texas...

Mac Dretti
01-31-2014, 05:48 PM
Tldr this isn't Facebook or blogspot.journal nerd

Bill Tetley
01-31-2014, 05:53 PM

yes it was deluxe

hahahahaha!

aowen
01-31-2014, 05:57 PM
Cops are (almost) all cunts. Your lawyer should not put raiding above the law. That is all

hatelore
01-31-2014, 06:24 PM
Tldr this isn't Facebook or blogspot.journal nerd

You seem upset, this concerns me a lot.

radditsu
01-31-2014, 08:26 PM
Tiggles needs a girlfriend.

Tiggles
01-31-2014, 08:30 PM
Tiggles needs a girlfriend.

Is that shit even legal?

She may be my girlfriend but random people on Rants and Flames will always be my true love.

Treats
01-31-2014, 08:47 PM
But one time I went 3 years without a reg,inspection or insurance.

Jesus man, what the fuck would you have done if you had an accident?

Ahldagor
01-31-2014, 08:51 PM

traffic incidents aren't that common when considering the total number of drivers. shit's a scam

radditsu
01-31-2014, 09:05 PM

Is that shit even legal?

Oh I can read. I just challenge the validity of the entire story.

hatelore
01-31-2014, 09:23 PM

I have never been in an accident that was my fault, and only 2 in my life, both people rear ending me.

pro tip : Be a good driver. Houston traffic sucks. =P

radditsu
01-31-2014, 09:30 PM
Houston is eskimo land? The only way I would describe Houston as is " shit city"

hatelore
01-31-2014, 09:44 PM
Someone didn't get the memo about Houston and how cold it is!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhHr7LCVQRw

radditsu
01-31-2014, 09:48 PM
Didn't click but I will believe you this time.

hatelore
01-31-2014, 09:49 PM
I love that parody, it's good shit, you should click it~

Ahldagor
01-31-2014, 10:00 PM
that was pretty good. love that we had sleet and ice on tuesday and it was 70 today.

Champion_Standing
02-01-2014, 09:35 PM
Of course this shit is legal, it's how the world works buddy.

I was rear ended a few weeks ago, forgot to put my new registration and my new insurance cards in the car, the cop was like ahh thats fine, and he came back and gave me a copy of the report and said have a good day. But i'm not a fat annoying faggot like you.

doeda
02-01-2014, 11:06 PM
should've rolled a better d20 roll for what action to take at the stop sign, good luck

Tasslehofp99
02-02-2014, 01:11 AM
should've rolled a better d20 roll for what action to take at the stop sign, good luck

Chuckled

phacemeltar
02-02-2014, 01:32 AM
shits a scam

Skywarp
02-02-2014, 03:51 AM
By your story you are guilty. Your supposed to have insurance and registration in any state in York car at all times. As far as the towing its a fucking racket and some agency's even give kick backs for using them as a wrecker service. Its not illegal but should be.

jaybone
02-02-2014, 04:16 AM
0% dude who is 40 year old virgin has a girlfriend.