PDA

View Full Version : About Pantheon and Rogean's Incentives

HeallunRumblebelly
02-03-2014, 12:54 AM
I get that it's all optional and for a good cause, but selling a fungi staff and xp boosts seems a lot like other emu servers which go downhill from this kind of stuff. It makes me quite uncomfortable and I'm hoping this will never become the norm, but I guess that depends on how successful it is. Anyone else feeling like this?

Skittlez
02-03-2014, 01:01 AM
I get that it's all optional and for a good cause, but selling a fungi staff and xp boosts seems a lot like other emu servers which go downhill from this kind of stuff. It makes me quite uncomfortable and I'm hoping this will never become the norm, but I guess that depends on how successful it is. Anyone else feeling like this?

Lol, why would this be the norm? It's a special promotion for the new Pantheon game and the only reason why p99 is involved is because this was Brad's first great creation. That's the reason, and only reason why. Why is getting a raffle ticket for a fungi staff a bad thing? You do realize it's a very marginal chance that you're going to win it.

Dumb thread is dumb.

Toony
02-03-2014, 01:07 AM
If by uncomfortable you mean awesome then yes. Get over it, people promote shit, its how life works, join the rest of us on planet reality and stop feeling "uncomfortable".....

HeallunRumblebelly
02-03-2014, 01:13 AM
Lol, why would this be the norm? It's a special promotion for the new Pantheon game and the only reason why p99 is involved is because this was Brad's first great creation. That's the reason, and only reason why. Why is getting a raffle ticket for a fungi staff a bad thing? You do realize it's a very marginal chance that you're going to win it.

Dumb thread is dumb.

Could I sell 10$ tickets to a fungus staff raffle?

HeallunRumblebelly
02-03-2014, 01:15 AM
Also: I fully support Pantheon and I really want it to succeed. I suppose I should look the other way on this but one of P99s draws is that money was not mixed up with the project in any way (barring the RMTrs). This taints that...but for the right cause I suppose.

Burrito
02-03-2014, 01:18 AM

No- because that's RMT

I'm all for some of these incentives- but the incentives need to be rethought. Just like with the xp potions having to be changed to nodrop there are still other aspects of the rewards that needs to be fixed in order to avoid abuse.

kylok
02-03-2014, 01:18 AM
put your head in the sand until march - best advice I can give.

HeallunRumblebelly
02-03-2014, 01:20 AM
No- because that's RMT

I'm all for some of these incentives- but the incentives need to be rethought. Just like with the xp potions having to be changed to nodrop there are still other aspects of the rewards that needs to be fixed in order to avoid abuse.

Right. But even things like selling xp potions and items for RL $ are things that have gotten other servers (especially WoW emu) down.

kylok
02-03-2014, 01:21 AM
No- because that's RMT

The rewards/incentives wouldn't need to be fixed if 80% of the server population weren't acting like spoiled 5 year olds >.<. Imagine how much more work it will be for the staff to distribute X number of XP potions to a given person now that they are no drop vs. just giving them to one character and letting them distribute them to their hearts content.

HeallunRumblebelly
02-03-2014, 01:23 AM
From Front Page:

XP Pots and the Fungus Covered Great Staff will NOT be tradeable.

Solves most of my issues with it I suppose.

kylok
02-03-2014, 01:26 AM
Guess it's a good thing that a number of concerned players have their issues resolved at the expense of the time of unpaid volunteers - call me jaded.

Skittlez
02-03-2014, 01:42 AM
I decided to make a pledge this month for Antheon and now that my P99 account will get a bonus for that I am stoked. The $300 dollar pledge is near $700 in value now. I can't pass that up.

Burrito
02-03-2014, 01:59 AM
Also is using P1999 as a cash hype machine going to fly with SoE? Inb4 p1999 gets shut down

Took
02-03-2014, 02:02 AM
As long as this is like a one time thing whatever. Early access to velious however is pretty lame. People already forming farm groups to sell stuff that will eventually be removed (holgrash beads, alliance necklaces.)

kylok
02-03-2014, 02:02 AM
Since p99 is getting $0 in this endeavor, I doubt it =) Nice try though.

Skittlez
02-03-2014, 02:20 AM
Since p99 is getting $0 in this endeavor, I doubt it =) Nice try though.

Heebo
02-03-2014, 02:23 AM
Which tax form do I use to write off my xp potion purchases?

Derubael
02-03-2014, 02:26 AM
^on your p-1999 obviously

kylok
02-03-2014, 02:29 AM

I lold

Nuggie
02-03-2014, 02:37 AM
This whole thing is about brand loyalty.

I'm also glad the stuff was made no drop. Hope I can get it put on alts and not my main.

Wish this happened 2 years down the line, when my financial situation will hopefully be exceptional. Would have loved to design a dungeon after the maze from the runelord books.

JackFlash
02-03-2014, 02:51 AM

hahahaha

Lazie
02-03-2014, 08:29 AM
Guess it's a good thing that a number of concerned players have their issues resolved at the expense of the time of unpaid volunteers - call me jaded.

I'm with Heallun sorry but a Fungi Staff via a cash donation turned around and sold in game for PP would be pretty close to buying plat. Good move by the server staff making them no trade.

Tenlaar
02-03-2014, 08:56 AM
No- because that's RMT

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/1e/1e99ac90ebd134171a9294853eb27aee361fb0260c066236ca 5b27c6ee917da7.jpg

Lazie
02-03-2014, 09:44 AM
Damn, that staff better land on a character worthy of it.

Probably going to land on a druid.

Well if they are donating for a chance at the staff I really hope they are smart enough and know what classes can get the best use out of it.

Lazie
02-03-2014, 09:45 AM
Then again I have seen people put guises on classes that have a dark elf choice... So you never know.

Burrito
02-03-2014, 10:24 AM
It's almost as if we're on the verge of something that has been discouraged and banned on p1999.

Burrito
02-03-2014, 10:25 AM
Above response in response to http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/1e/1e99ac90ebd134171a9294853eb27aee361fb0260c066236ca 5b27c6ee917da7.jpg

apparently you can't quote and remove images from spamming up the thread

Ella`Ella
02-03-2014, 12:27 PM
From Front Page:

Fungus Covered Great Staff will NOT be tradeable.

So, it's not really a fungus staff?

Fael
02-03-2014, 12:55 PM
ya wtf. not like i want a fungi staff or xp potions or a guise on my 60 bard.

Hopefully you can put it on a toon of choice if you win....

Dolic

HeallunRumblebelly
02-03-2014, 01:15 PM
ya wtf. not like i want a fungi staff or xp potions or a guise on my 60 bard.

Hopefully you can put it on a toon of choice if you win....

Dolic

They said that would be the case. On the front page.

Brad_mo123
02-03-2014, 01:35 PM

Bottom line is, you are one of 2 types of people that I don't even wan't to play with. 1 being that you don't support Pantheon, the type of game that EQ classic was but with a few changes, good changes which makes you stupid. 2 you play here mostly because it's free and that makes you a cheap free loader so you won't support anything you use. Either way, get the fuck out please.

Brad_mo123
02-03-2014, 01:39 PM
Bottom line is, you are one of 2 types of people that I don't even wan't to play with. 1 being that you don't support Pantheon, the type of game that EQ classic was but with a few changes, good changes which makes you stupid. 2 you play here mostly because it's free and that makes you a cheap free loader so you won't support anything you use. Either way, get the fuck out please.

One of those reasons is why you haven't pledged to pantheon. If you pledged, you would support these rewards im sure because they would effect you in a positive way.

Tiggles
02-03-2014, 01:45 PM

There are two types of people who play P99.

People who enjoy classic Everquest and People who want to play a free MMO and have shitty computers.

I'll give you point 2..

but get off Brads dick about Pantheon if you know ANYTHING about MMO's is that they promise you the fucking moon and they NEVER deliver.

Until I play the game I don't give into the hype at all.

Brad helped make EQ but that was 15 years ago and since then he has done NOTHING of note. His entire team is made up of the Vanguard devs that Sony did not want to keep around when they moved most of them to EQLandmark.

Again, I truely hope he hits gold with this game but after THESE (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_massively_multiplayer_online_role-playing_games#List_of_notable_MMORPGs) failed MMOS (minus WOW) I will keep my skepticism.

Kagatob
02-03-2014, 01:57 PM
I said it before and I'll say it again. I love EverQuest, I thank brad for what he did 15 years ago, he broke the mold and set the bar. With that said I've also had the displeasure of experiencing the hyped start and horrendous not-release (sorry, releasing alpha test quality product) of vanguard saga of heroes.

Not only did he botch it with something like 30 million dollars and 5 years of Microsoft backing, he also sold out to Sony in the end despite the entire fan community, all of his testers and his entire development team screaming for him not to. He abandoned us then, that betrayal should not go rewarded.

You ask why people don't support this 'cause'? I ask why people with such disposable incomes don't donate their money to charity or something else that'd actually accomplish something.

Took
02-03-2014, 02:02 PM
Heallun is a swell guy, always helps out people and does favors. You're an idiot that just doesn't know him but nice assumptions.

I don't wanna bitch either but the early access velious was a dumb idea.

radditsu
02-03-2014, 02:43 PM
Heallun is a saint. Shut your face.

Cecily
02-03-2014, 03:02 PM
Heallun is a swell guy, always helps out people and does favors. You're an idiot.

Heallun is a saint. Shut your face.

Heallun drives me insane because of his min max practicality, but I challenge you to find someone more knowledgeable about the game, plays better, and cooler to talk to. Shut your peasant anon troll mouth Brad.

HeallunRumblebelly
02-03-2014, 04:57 PM
Heallun drives me insane because of his min max practicality, but I challenge you to find someone more knowledgeable about the game, plays better, and cooler to talk to. Shut your peasant anon troll mouth Brad.

Hokushin / Sentenza I'd say are better players than I am. I may have more knowledge of random shit but they are really very, very good. Getsome also is very good, even moreso when you include his administrative skills.

That said, I've been here since October 09, who is this guy? Only Brad I knew was Braad Mcquaid the druid :P

HeallunRumblebelly
02-03-2014, 04:58 PM
Also thanks for the kind words :3 I've been really busy running chardok AE (holding 3 lists, playing wiz, selling things on the side) that I haven't been able to keep up on the forum.

HeallunRumblebelly
02-03-2014, 05:00 PM
And fucking furthermore I've been following this (and B McQ) since pre vanguard. I was there for the hilarious kraken talk (God it's happening again). I was there posting in the Rerolled boards about this game before it had a name. I was the first person to mention the game once it had a name and again when it had a kickstarter in the OT boards. I care an unhealthy amount about Pantheon: ROTF.

Pint
02-03-2014, 05:39 PM

fuck this guy

Brad_mo123
02-03-2014, 05:51 PM

Im just fed up with all the complaining about the rewards. All the complaining is hurting the possible donations from us here and also the chance of Pantheon succeeding so yeah, hell yeah im going to defend against all the nay sayers. I am Giganto btw, If you do a little searching, I have said it many many times in many posts, never tried to be anon. I just created this account name for the forums because it's the account name I use for most things and at the time I did not realize you couldn't have a forum name different from your account login name on the forums... most forums allow that.

Rellapse36
02-03-2014, 06:00 PM
Giganto you dating Coldblooded now?

HeallunRumblebelly
02-03-2014, 06:01 PM
Im just fed up with all the complaining about the rewards. All the complaining is hurting the possible donations from us here and also the chance of Pantheon succeeding so yeah, hell yeah im going to defend against all the nay sayers. I am Giganto btw, If you do a little searching, I have said it many many times in many posts, never tried to be anon. I just created this account name for the forums because it's the account name I use for most things and at the time I did not realize you couldn't have a forum name different from your account login name on the forums... most forums allow that.

Fuck you and the people who say this shit on the rerolled boards. No one is immune to criticism, especially a guy who has already made two games which we can judge the pros and cons of. EQ and Vanguard were masterfully designed. Vanguard was extremely shitty from a technical POV. We've heard nothing about how technical issues will be fixed because it's all napkins right now, which is why there is tons of interest and also tons of people wary about giving money. Admittedly the past few weeks were considerably better than the launch of the KS, but the core issue cannot and most likely will not be addressed during the remaining time of the KS.

Also, gratz Giganto.

Cecily
02-03-2014, 06:02 PM
Brad_m.... Brad Mcfuckingquad! Plug your shitty Vanguard 2 elsewhere and quit bashing on us poor people. You rich asshole.

drktmplr12
02-03-2014, 06:02 PM

i lol'd at this post.

1. you are mad because his opinion is different, then you call him stupid?
2. you blame him for being a freeloader who doesn't support anything he uses because he is playing an free eqemu server? that doesn't even make sense.

how about you take your dumb fucking comments and leave.

HeallunRumblebelly
02-03-2014, 06:12 PM
i lol'd at this post.

1. you are mad because his opinion is different, then you call him stupid?
2. you blame him for being a freeloader who doesn't support anything he uses because he is playing an free eqemu server? that doesn't even make sense.

how about you take your dumb fucking comments and leave.

I'm not sure that is quite fair. I respect what he's trying to do, but he's going about it in such an awful way. I think a lot of us understand this is probably our last chance for a new game in the EQ vein for a long, long time. It's just a shame it had to come to us like this in such a shape, but what other shape could it have been, I suppose.

Constructive criticism is how we improve our faults. Brad's KS is already much better than when it launched. Most of those changes came from criticism of the KS and how it could be better (the original stretch goals were insanely bad--gonna put races as a stretch goal when we don't know what races there are now?). We see it, acknowledge it, and wish him luck. But telling people not to voice their opinions on a forum so closely related to the game being made is foolish and probably detrimental to the game as a whole.

It's a lot like how the staff here handle the forums. Sometimes we say (including myself) stupid and wrong shit and they slam dunk us, we acknowledge it and move on. Sometimes we make valid points (like wtsveliouspots, this rnf post) and things get changed (like the fungus staff and potions becoming no drop). If we don't make these counterpoints they cannot be acknowledged or refuted.

HeallunRumblebelly
02-03-2014, 06:13 PM
Also, Vazdeline (y'know, the one who owned Vazdeline before he was sold like 300 times and finally ended up in the sloan stable) makes posts like Giganto's on the rerolled forums and gets told things that are much similar. It's not the people recognizing and pointing out the problems causing the problems. It's the problems that aren't being addressed.

Pringles
02-03-2014, 06:14 PM
From Front Page:

XP Pots and the Fungus Covered Great Staff will NOT be tradeable.

Solves most of my issues with it I suppose.

Wellllp thats cool, saves me from having to donating enough for a chance at a fungi staff. no point in getting one if i cant use it on all my chars.

Tenlaar
02-03-2014, 06:26 PM
1 being that you don't support Pantheon, the type of game that EQ classic was but with a few changes, good changes which makes you stupid.

The only stupid thing here is your utter fanboy devotion to something that is nothing more than a twinkle in a confirmed drug addict's eye yet.

HeallunRumblebelly
02-03-2014, 06:28 PM
The only stupid thing here is your utter fanboy devotion to something that is nothing more than a twinkle in a confirmed drug addict's eye yet.

He's kicked the stuff, but the early videos of Unity stock models interacting was insulting and probably shouldn't have been there in the first place. I don't think the KS was clear enough about the intentions and what had already been completed.

Tenlaar
02-03-2014, 06:34 PM
Sorry, but once you're a drug addict, you're always a drug addict. And this is handing a drug addict a shitload of money and pressure at the same time.

I think anybody who looks at this is anything beyond "Huh, that might be cool some day, I'll check back in two years" is not using common sense and the last decade's worth of MMO history to inform their judgement.

a_gnoll_pup
02-03-2014, 06:59 PM
But you were okay with Yeahlight taking money for Autism Awareness?

HeallunRumblebelly
02-03-2014, 07:02 PM
But you were okay with Yeahlight taking money for Autism Awareness?

A different time. I regret that donation to this day. I also don't rage as much as I used to. I've truly, pulled an Alawen :3 I wanted that project done, but once P99 came around I really lost interest in EQC. I still visit the boards to shit around in OT but that ship has sailed. And I'm not too broken up about it, P99 does a very good job.

Brad_mo123
02-03-2014, 07:13 PM
Also, Vazdeline (y'know, the one who owned Vazdeline before he was sold like 300 times and finally ended up in the sloan stable) makes posts like Giganto's on the rerolled forums and gets told things that are much similar. It's not the people recognizing and pointing out the problems causing the problems. It's the problems that aren't being addressed.

Maybe I was too harsh. You personally I don't have anything against Heallun. Let's all just keep our pantheon bashing and p99 pledge reward griping out of these forums, it's bullshit.

HeallunRumblebelly
02-03-2014, 07:14 PM
Maybe I was too harsh. You personally I don't have anything against Heallun. Let's all just keep our pantheon bashing and p99 pledge reward griping out of these forums, it's bullshit.

Except for a few people who can't get over how badly Vanguard went, I'd imagine most of us want Pantheon to succeed. It's just so...frustrating, how amateurish this whole thing feels. I guess I've just been spoiled by AAA games coming down the pipe for so long.

Rellapse36
02-03-2014, 07:21 PM
guys be easy on Brad_mo123 he is a ginger

Mac Dretti
02-03-2014, 08:14 PM
Op cry often or is this a new development

HeallunRumblebelly
02-03-2014, 08:20 PM
Op cry often or is this a new development

I bring about issues when I see them. I'm sorry no one wants to play on red...we all know about it, really. We just don't.

Brad_mo123
02-03-2014, 09:06 PM
Except for a few people who can't get over how badly Vanguard went, I'd imagine most of us want Pantheon to succeed. It's just so...frustrating, how amateurish this whole thing feels. I guess I've just been spoiled by AAA games coming down the pipe for so long.

Brad gave a good reason as to why Vanguard failed. They didn't have the funding so they had to sell out to Sony, they rushed him and his team. They needed about another 6 months to iron things out. The game later on became very great, I went back to it and enjoyed the hell out of it when all the initial launch bugs were fixed and content went to be out at release came out. Now of course, like Sony always does, the game is for the care bears.

If we support them, there really isn't any reason for them to not deliver what they promised. If they have to go to investors or Sony again, there might be some changes and they mentioned that too.

HeallunRumblebelly
02-03-2014, 09:07 PM
Brad gave a good reason as to why Vanguard failed. They didn't have the funding so they had to sell out to Sony, they rushed him and his team. They needed about another 6 months to iron things out. The game later on became very great, I went back to it and enjoyed the hell out of it when all the initial launch bugs were fixed and content went to be out at release came out. Now of course, like Sony always does, the game is for the care bears.

If we support them, there really isn't any reason for them to not deliver what they promised. If they have to go to investors or Sony again, there might be some changes and they mentioned that too.

This thing isn't going to be even close to funded by just the KS though. Not this time, anyway.

Brad_mo123
02-03-2014, 09:08 PM
Brad gave a good reason as to why Vanguard failed. They didn't have the funding so they had to sell out to Sony, they rushed him and his team. They needed about another 6 months to iron things out. The game later on became very great, I went back to it and enjoyed the hell out of it when all the initial launch bugs were fixed and content went out that was meant to be out at release. Now of course, like Sony always does, the game is for the care bears.

fixed some typos, no edit button ftl.

HeallunRumblebelly
02-03-2014, 09:24 PM
Vanguard engine was unfixable. They tried for a few years before giving up. Was fundamentally flawed from the ground up. Need to get some of those blizzard engineers. Say what you will, but WoW is silky from the animations to the keypresses and server latency.