PDA

View Full Version : The truth about the Pantheon donations.

harnold
02-05-2014, 12:52 PM
If it were not for brad mcquaid you wouldnt have the everquest you know and love. We owe Brad at least something and helping out his project is a great way to show you appreciate what he's done for everquest in the past.

Stop being pieces of shit and let the server staff do this for Brad the way they want.

All of the rewards are trivial.

What does it matter to you if people are allowed to go to velious 7 days early anyway? They cant even kill raid bosses.

Someone else going to velious has nothing to do with you. You guys need to stop acting like jealous little babies and grow up.

"MOM!!!!!!!!!!! HES GOING TO VELIOUS 7 DAYS EARLY BECAUSE HE DONATED TO HELP OUT THE MAN WHO HELPED MAKE CLASSIC EVERQUEST!!! I HATE MY LIFE!!!!! AHHHHHH!!! I AM RUNNING AWAY AND IM NEVER COMING BACK! YOU CANT STOP ME!"

Tenlaar
02-05-2014, 01:04 PM
We owe Brad

No.

harnold
02-05-2014, 01:28 PM
Nobody is requiring you to donate if you truly feel that you don't want to support Brad.

harnold
02-05-2014, 01:33 PM
You ungrateful kids are amazing. If you don't want to donate nobody is making you.

harnold
02-05-2014, 01:38 PM
Autotune, calm down, its just velious 7 days early with no raid target. LOL

Eunomia
02-05-2014, 01:43 PM
Then shut the fuck up with this "Truth" and "You owe him" bullshit.

god you're such a fucking whiny cunt bitch when people don't agree with you. Go shove a roll of paper towels up that massive bleeding snatch, no one here wants you around.

What have you done with Autotune!

harnold
02-05-2014, 01:46 PM
you're such a fucking whiny cunt bitch

Very hypocritical coming from autotune lol

then you have retards like the above bash him because skrillex...

HE FUCKING OWES ME FOR FAILING TO PUSH OUT QUALITY MMOS THE PAST SEVERAL YEARS.

The thing is, the "rewards" for donating are horrible. They might tip people over that was thinking seriously about donating (those would probably have done it toward the end anyhow), but for...

Right now it's nothing more than Obama promises, another Fable game of promises.

could probably find hundreds of posts of you whining and acting like a bitch on the regular LOL

HeallunRumblebelly
02-05-2014, 02:04 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUvFeyGxaaU

Describe's why autotune's so mean these days :P

Kagatob
02-05-2014, 02:09 PM
I owe brad nothing.

I paid for my EQ and the expansions and I paid the monthly fee.

HE FUCKING OWES ME FOR FAILING TO PUSH OUT QUALITY MMOS THE PAST SEVERAL YEARS.

I blame him for this bullshit MMORPG scene.

Fat neckbeard makes a game 15 years ago thats only considered hard because of the crappy mechanics of that era, for which we paid for. For years. For expansions. To fatten his wallet. He then blows 30 MILLION dollars on a failed game, though it could of been decent. He's not making a 'classic EA" game. There's no money in it. We owe him nothing, this is a BUSINESS plan to make him MONEY. Not a plan to "restore mmo challenge".. much like his other games he doesn't need our help, he gets it when we buy his product.

I agree with boost of these posters 100%

O.P. is a whiney piece of shit.

Kagatob
02-05-2014, 02:11 PM
Both not boost.

Fuck Swype etc.

Nikon
02-05-2014, 03:01 PM
Someone needs a hug.

Clark
02-05-2014, 03:08 PM
You ungrateful kids are amazing. If you don't want to donate nobody is making you.

Bazia
02-05-2014, 03:08 PM
This guy had 30x the budget to make a game and it was freaking terrible, some kind of EQ2 and WoW mashup.

Does not deserve more money.

Byrjun
02-05-2014, 03:27 PM
What does it matter to you if people are allowed to go to velious 7 days early anyway? They cant even kill raid bosses.

Someone else going to velious has nothing to do with you.

I'm guessing you haven't actually read the multiple threads about this, because the affect this has on the server has been talked about to death. To recap:

Let's discuss a situation where there's Raid Guild A and Raid Guild B. Both of these guilds are full of players who play p99 for the competitive raiding scene. These guilds have been splitting the limited content of Kunark + Vanilla and have been waiting for years to compete where the game actually starts getting a bit more difficult - Velious.

But wait, Raid Guild A has a couple of very rich players. They buy 7 day Velious access for all of their Warriors and Clerics, as well as some Druids/Wizards and others. Raid Guild A then farms full sets of Kael and/or SS quest armor for themselves. Now their Warriors and Clerics have much better gear than Raid Guild B has been able to obtain. But that's not even the worst of it when you consider the keying situation in Velious. 90% of the raid content is in WW. To get there, you need to port to CS. But to be able to zone with the port, you need a key on your character, which is a ground spawn in CS - so you have to travel there before you can get ported there. The problem is that you need a key to get through SS into CS, which is a huge bottleneck when you're trying to get dozens of players through on day 1.

So, the real day 1 of Velious hits when everyone can zone in. Guild A is porting into CS while Guild B is waiting on the docks in Iceclad. By the time Guild B is running across Iceclad, Guild A is engaging on raid targets. The integrity of the day 1 raid competition is completely destroyed, because Guild A was able to take advantage of a 7 day headstart to bypass day 1 time sinks, bottlenecks, and gearing. This creates a snowball effect - now Guild A has quest gear, raid loot, ST keys, and all kinds of other advantages that will have an affect on the upcoming months of Velious raiding.

Yes, it is a problem and yes, it does affect people who aren't buying in.

Unidus
02-05-2014, 03:30 PM
Well the only thing I see that could be a problem with the 7 days is if you raid you better donate.

Key to Cobalt Scar

skipdog
02-05-2014, 03:34 PM
I'm guessing you haven't actually read the multiple threads about this, because the affect this has on the server has been talked about to death. To recap:

Let's discuss a situation where there's Raid Guild A and Raid Guild B. Both of these guilds are full of players who play p99 for the competitive raiding scene. These guilds have been splitting the limited content of Kunark + Vanilla and have been waiting for years to compete where the game actually starts getting a bit more difficult - Velious.

But wait, Raid Guild A has a couple of very rich players. They buy 7 day Velious access for all of their Warriors and Clerics, as well as some Druids/Wizards and others. Raid Guild A then farms full sets of Kael and/or SS quest armor for themselves. Now their Warriors and Clerics have much better gear than Raid Guild B has been able to obtain. But that's not even the worst of it when you consider the keying situation in Velious. 90% of the raid content is in WW. To get there, you need to port to CS. But to be able to zone with the port, you need a key on your character, which is a ground spawn in CS - so you have to travel there before you can get ported there. The problem is that you need a key to get through SS into CS, which is a huge bottleneck when you're trying to get dozens of players through on day 1.

So, the real day 1 of Velious hits when everyone can zone in. Guild A is porting into CS while Guild B is waiting on the docks in Iceclad. By the time Guild B is running across Iceclad, Guild A is engaging on raid targets. The integrity of the day 1 raid competition is completely destroyed, because Guild A was able to take advantage of a 7 day headstart to bypass day 1 time sinks, bottlenecks, and gearing. This creates a snowball effect - now Guild A has quest gear, raid loot, ST keys, and all kinds of other advantages that will have an affect on the upcoming months of Velious raiding.

Glad to see someone take the time to type this out.

I'm still boggled that so few people seem to care about how ridiculous it is, that real-life money will get people such an advantage in that first week of Velious. I also have been surprised so many people don't seem to understand the magic of 'being there for release of an MMO expansion' and that it's being taken away from us unless we fork out $500.

myriverse
02-05-2014, 03:34 PM
We paid for EverQuest 15 years ago. McQuaid got everything owed him.

Cyrano
02-05-2014, 03:35 PM
lol why you guys so mad tho?

Obrae
02-05-2014, 07:42 PM

Aliens !

Obrae
02-05-2014, 07:47 PM
We are defenitly all planning to bust our vacation on this 7 days for non stop farmage.

In fact, it was actually our idea in the first place, Pantheon dosent really exist. Braid McQuaid ?! an invention, special effects, it was in fact Jeremy with a bit of photoshopping.

We made it all up knowing that it would eventually lead us to an opportunity of buying ourselves into Verrrrious.

Byrjun
02-05-2014, 10:00 PM
what

harnold
02-06-2014, 09:35 AM
BUT SOME PLAYERS WILL HAVE BETTER GEAR A LITTLE EARLIER THEN OTHERS!!!

It doesnt matter, keep your eyes on yourself and stop worrying about what everyone else has and you will be fine. Your not a child. This argument is pathetic and is only for the jealous losers and anyone giving this argument should be embarrassed.

Champion_Standing
02-06-2014, 06:16 PM
The only thing that I owed brad was the purchase cost of EQ and the sub fee I paid for years.

Look he has my respect for what he did with EQ, but he lost it all with Vanguard. It was his fault, he blew 30 million dollars and couldn't even get a game together. Now do you guys seriously think he's going to manage 800k well and actually do anything besides maybe buy an office?

Masakizt
02-06-2014, 10:08 PM
For us non-neck beard sporting sons o bitches, what game did he make with 30x the budget that flopped?

Masakizt
02-06-2014, 10:09 PM
derp

Sorbic
02-06-2014, 10:41 PM
The one getting shut down this year?

Swish
02-06-2014, 10:52 PM
The only thing that I owed brad was the purchase cost of EQ and the sub fee I paid for years.

Look he has my respect for what he did with EQ, but he lost it all with Vanguard. It was his fault, he blew 30 million dollars and couldn't even get a game together. Now do you guys seriously think he's going to manage 800k well and actually do anything besides maybe buy an office?

Times have changed, and I think Brad has learnt from his mistakes. Creativity costs nothing, and with an enforced budget I think his team can pull it off.

Kagatob
02-07-2014, 11:38 AM
Times have changed, and I think Brad has learnt from his mistakes. Creativity costs nothing, and with an enforced budget I think his team can pull it off.

I like you swish, but you are living in a fantasy if you actually believe that for a second.

Bazia
02-07-2014, 11:39 AM
had 30 mil created terrible game

nuff said

Dirkus
02-07-2014, 12:11 PM
EQ 1 was a fluke. Not gonna happen again.

Artaenc
02-07-2014, 01:17 PM
EQ 1 was a fluke. Not gonna happen again.

I hope you're wrong!