PDA

View Full Version : Help with my warrior

Skittlez
02-06-2014, 08:01 PM
Okay, so with my gear my Dark Elf warrior stats are as follows right now..

STR-121
STA- 95
DEX- 148/168 (w/ and w/o Shimmering Partisan)
AGI- 107

AC- 787
ATK- 815

HP- 1424

Okay, so I know my stamina is pretty low, but lets ignore that for now, so far I have never needed more it has felt like, at least not yet.

Most my gear consists of Tier'Dal Adamantite enchanted plate. Makes me look like a blueberry.

Anyway what I want to know is.. Should I be Dual-Wielding my SSoY's or should I use one in my main hand and use a Shimmering Partisan in my off hand? +20 dex on a pretty hard hitting weapon is pretty good to me, but what do I know, lol. That's why I am here to ask all your pro warriors. I don't ever use 1h weapons when I solo, it's specifically for group tanking so that's why I need to know. I have two SSoY's but if the +20 dex is better while just using one SSoY then I could use the plat I could get off one. What do you guys think?

Tecmos Deception
02-06-2014, 08:19 PM
Probably two SSOYs. 20 dex is probably ~1 extra proc with your mainhand every 5 minutes, and while the partisan does have a somewhat better ratio than the SSOY (and ratio in offhand is what determines both the damage and the threat, apart from procs), adding in the SSOY in your offhand will be giving you a bunch more aggro from the procs than the 20 dex and slightly better damage from the partisan will.

Dumesh Uhl'Belk
02-07-2014, 01:07 PM
Okay, so... Should I be Dual-Wielding my SSoY's or should I use one in my main hand and use a Shimmering Partisan in my off hand?
Download EQCompanion, GamParse, or Yalp.

Parse logs of an evenings worth of fighting with each setup.

See which setup results in more procs per minute. Compare your dps in the two setups. See if one is obviously superior to the other.