PDA

View Full Version : To the devs of project 1999

Safon
12-01-2009, 09:18 AM
So something reminded me the other day of eq1, and as always the memories came flooding back, almost bringing me (a 22 year old guy, with the canadian naval reserves) to tears once again. I checked the gfaqs eq board and searched some youtube videos like i usually do as part of the nostalgia process and someone had mentioned this project.

So i came to this site to check it out, and im almost speechless. This is nothing short of a miracle. Ive dreamed about someone making something like this a reality for years, and now its actually here.

To the people responsible for this, you guys freaking rock. I am begging, yes begging, you to do whatever it takes to fend off this ddos bullshit im reading about and keep this server healthy and strong. If donations will help make that happen, count me in. I'd easily donate the price of a normal eq subscriptions fee or more monthly. If ever there was something worth fighting for (besides actual important life issues), then this is it.

p.s - is this server friendly towards casuals? thats what i was back in the day, and thats what i'll be again if i can figure out how to get this running properly.
as well, is there a facebook group for the players here? if so let me know

Villide
12-01-2009, 09:28 AM
Welcome to the server Safon! I'd recommend reading up on all the forums. Here is a link to a Facebook post in the off-topic section:

http://project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=969

The server is casual friendly IMO, although you might have a bit of trouble finding groups at the low levels. If you are going to be playing a lot, you might want to check the guild section. There are a few guilds that would probably work for you.

Good luck!

Ehud
12-01-2009, 09:29 AM
Welcome aboard! As far as being friendly to casual players, I think it depends on what class you play. Any solo classes are pretty much set for life. The group dependent classes are doing well right now since there is a decent low level population in newb dungeons like Crushbone, but the population will probably eventually be spread across many levels and it may get harder.