PDA

View Full Version : Getting Started for Dummies

Ferocitas
02-15-2014, 09:58 AM
Hello,

I've been lurking here for a few days and have decided that P1999 may just be the place for me. I have the copy of EQ required but I am far from savvy on the rest of the installation process. To be honest all the multiple "guides" I see are confusing from my perspective. It appears that many people are stuck on having the disks. I on the other hand suffer from a chronic case of "software-instruction-ignorance-itus" that is not covered under my health care. This being the case would the community be so kind as to provide direction to a "getting started for dummies" path for a guy that has EQ freshly loaded & access to this forum but no more?

Derubael
02-15-2014, 11:21 AM
If you're having trouble with the installation of Titanium itself, Loramin wrote a fantastic guide on how to install from an ISO that is hosted on the wiki, here:

Everquest Titanium Installation Guide (http://wiki.project1999.com/Everquest_Titanium_Installation_Guide)

If you've managed to get past that, here's the instructions on how to set up the install so that it's ready for Project 1999:

Install Everquest Titanium to a fresh directory. This directory must be separate from any live Everquest installs and dedicated to EQEmulator. It is highly recommended you do not install Titanium to your program files folder if running Windows Vista/7/8.

DO NOT PATCH EVERQUEST, DO NOT RUN EVERQUEST.EXE OR EQGAME.EXE. If you patch your Titanium install you will need to uninstall and start over.

You must download the required Spell and File changes in order to play on Project 1999. You can find them here: Project 1999 Spell Files (v31) (http://www.project1999.com/files/P99Files31.zip). Download and extract them into your Everquest directory.

Included in the spell files is Launch Titanium.bat - this is the file you will use to launch Everquest after you have completed the remaining steps. If you would like to create a shortcut, be sure it points to this file. You may right click launch titanium.bat and click send to desktop (Create shortcut) for easy shortcut creation.

Alternatively, right click eqgame.exe and click create shortcut. Right click your newly created shortcut, and in the target line add patchme to the end of the path, outside the quotes if they are present. Click OK.

The target line should look similar to this: "C:/program files/everquest/eqgame.exe" patchme

You may use this shortcut or Launch Titanium.bat to run everquest after you have completed installation.

Ferocitas
02-15-2014, 11:46 AM
Thank you. Got it. Now I just need to break many years of spoon feeding away and remember how to play EQ again. The unlearning curve is interesting.