PDA

View Full Version : Is there a class with a void at the high end?

Shiftin
08-10-2010, 04:10 PM
Is there a perception among those of you at the top that there is a class that is both in demand and somewhat sparse at the top?

My primary motivation in coming back is to get back up to raiding status. Call me crazy, but breaking fear and hate, setting up groups and buffs for dragons and the like are what i miss the most from my 10 year old EQ memories.

I'm confident I can get a character up there pretty quickly and have tons of raid experience from release through PoP, I just need some direction as to what classes you all see as being the most in demand in a couple months in the "raiding set".

Thanks for the help,

Shiftin

Shiftin
08-10-2010, 04:22 PM
Read most of the first 2 pages of posts by guilds... seems like the answer is rogue.

Thoughts?

Supreme
08-10-2010, 08:00 PM
rogues bards rangers.

Loke
08-10-2010, 08:11 PM
Rogues are one of those classes like Wizards or Clerics that you can really never have too many of. Honestly there isn't a lack of a certain class at the high level - there is more a lack of dedicated players that you can count on to be around week in and week out. A LOT of people get L50, kill a few raid mobs, get some gear, and then disappear for weeks on end. If you're consistant, know your class, and have a decent personality (not a know-it-all, or smart ass, or a creeper) - any guild, regardless of their recruitment status is going to want you to join.

PhelanKA
08-10-2010, 09:01 PM
Rogues are one of those classes like Wizards or Clerics that you can really never have too many of. Honestly there isn't a lack of a certain class at the high level - there is more a lack of dedicated players that you can count on to be around week in and week out. A LOT of people get L50, kill a few raid mobs, get some gear, and then disappear for weeks on end. If you're consistant, know your class, and have a decent personality (not a know-it-all, or smart ass, or a creeper) - any guild, regardless of their recruitment status is going to want you to join.

I'm not 50 on this server yet but from my previous endgame MMO experiences: ^This X 9001.

Very well said.

Droop
08-11-2010, 02:46 AM
Loke has it right. From what I have seen:

clerics, bards, and then DPS in general (millions of mages, not enough wizzies, monks, rogues, etc.).

Loke I think hit the nail on the head though. TONS of people hit 50, hit a couple raid targets, and then jet. If you enjoy a class, play it well, and are someone the guild can rely on week in, and week out, you will be more wanted than whatever class was leveled just because there was a shortage of them.

Uggie
08-11-2010, 06:02 AM
I agree but will also add.....

Choose a character based upon need alone will only make you quit sooner. Choose a character you enjoy playing and get more out of it imo.

Uggie

Omnimorph
08-11-2010, 10:07 AM
My primary motivation in coming back is to get back up to raiding status. Call me crazy, but breaking fear and hate, setting up groups and buffs for dragons and the like are what i miss the most from my 10 year old EQ memories.

Shiftin

If you'd said what you enjoyed in classic was levelling up, and then afk camping boss mobs for days on end... then i'd say you were in the right place :p

xorbier
08-11-2010, 10:46 AM
If you'd said what you enjoyed in classic was levelling up, and then afk camping boss mobs for days on end... then i'd say you were in the right place :p

Right, cause in live there was no competition....

Itchybottom
08-11-2010, 11:12 AM
I'm actually noticing a surge in rogue characters lately. /who all rogue, revealed there were too many results to list. Damnit you bastards, you're going to get a Thornstinger before me! Be rangers! Someone needs to die to Bazzt other than the half-ling druid patch healing me because a tank fell asleep!

Shiftin
08-11-2010, 11:13 AM
Ha, I came from tunare and there was plenty of competition.

I switched over from warrior to rogue and i'll be going that route. My EQ live character was a cleric and even though i had a few hundred days played on him, i think something a little more fresh would be more to my liking.

I can't raid the 6 days a week i used to, but have every expectation of 3 nights a week for 4-5 hours now that i'm older and have a family of my own :)

Omnimorph
08-11-2010, 12:06 PM
Right, cause in live there was no competition....

Competition to mobilize and kill something was nice and made it rewarding back on live. Sitting afk in a zone with 15 other people hours before a mob spawns... is that really competing against other people?

Reiker
08-11-2010, 12:36 PM
I'm actually noticing a surge in rogue characters lately. /who all rogue, revealed there were too many results to list. Damnit you bastards, you're going to get a Thornstinger before me! Be rangers! Someone needs to die to Bazzt other than the half-ling druid patch healing me because a tank fell asleep!
Thornstinger isn't classic.

The Rogue weapon is Ebonsting which kinda sucks.

Humerox
08-13-2010, 06:57 AM

Wait to see how many actually last till the end, lol.

:)

Sinder
08-15-2010, 01:54 PM
just induce a little pvp and see who can keep 15 people in a zone ;)

long live vallon zek