PDA

View Full Version : Hello all

Deldanko
03-12-2014, 03:22 PM
New player here. Its been years since i played serious. I hated the expansions and felt like in most cases i was left behind. I got p99 last night and I have to say, THANK YOU ALL! this game still gives me butterflies. So I'm looking at classes and what is needed. IM looking for an offensive class, and im not much of a healer. I've been thinking rogue or necro. but whats needed? i want to help this awesome community!

Sidelle
03-12-2014, 04:24 PM
I would suggest just playing what you like the best. I have my rogue main who is group-dependant and druid for when I just wanna solo (which isn't often because it bores me). I personally never minded being dependant on groups because the game is just more fun when you have some pals to go adventuring with... plus, people usually love a rogue (or 3) in group. :D

I actually made the druid thinking I can make some plat porting or whatever but realized I don't care an awful lot about having tons of plat or twinking alts. I leveled this rogue just fine with none of that and I still had a blast.

So it all boils down to what you want out of this game. Whatever you choose, have fun and good luck. :)

Deldanko
03-12-2014, 05:12 PM
awesome, good to know. I don't care to solo unless there are no groups around. I never played a rogue because a friend of mine did. so i think now is the time. Also, do Necro pets still take a % of exp? dont remeber where i heard that.

Swish
03-12-2014, 05:44 PM
Yeah pets (any pets, including charmed) will take half the XP if they do 50%+ of the damage. That's annoying at low levels for mages/necros but it can be avoided higher up. By 24 or so you can just pull a necro pet off at 20% or so and let the mob rot the rest for example if you're unsure on who's done more damage :)

Definitely play what you think you'll enjoy... for reference the server has a ton of shammies and necros for good reason (they solo well). Enchanters/clerics get groups easily, and there's a lack of tanks at the top end due in part to the hybrid XP penalty on paladins/SKs (as well as rangers/bards).

I picked out classes here that I never played on live to the end game, that's kept it fresh for me :)

Siris
03-15-2014, 04:11 AM
Deldanko. Did you play on Test?

wdavid78
03-16-2014, 09:54 PM
Hi Deldanko! Welcome...

Your name looks familiar.... did you make a character with this name? I've been playing my cleric Kryll for a couple days now, mostly in Gfay... and I could swear I've seen your name. Hope you're having fun so far, regardless!.