PDA

View Full Version : Meldrath the Malignant- steamfont mountains

slaybackaskani
03-13-2014, 01:08 AM
I have solo'ed him many times as a 35 druid but tonight was unable to on 3 different tries. His spells seemed to have unlimited range. Once he started casting, it didn't matter how far I ran, I was hit with spells. I tested his venom of the snake (range 200) vs my drones of doom (range 250) and I couldn't cast on him but he still got his spell off with me further than the 200 range allowed. It also seemed to make my character jump and change the direction I was originally running. He also wasn't interrupted by line of sight in the mino tunnels like he used to be. I know you're busy with Velious so no rush but thought you should know. Thanks for all you guys do.

Rogean
03-13-2014, 03:29 AM
First, what does this have to do with velious?

And second, Once an NPC starts casting a spell you cannot avoid it, you can only interrupt it via push/stuns. So, working as intended...

slaybackaskani
03-13-2014, 05:17 AM
First, I blew it and only read npc bug and didn't see the velious part so my mistake.

And second, mobs have always been limited by range on their spells, including meldrath when I killed him a month ago. Just because they have started a spell doesn't mean they get a free pass to hit you no matter what. There always were distance limitations just like for players. Oh well.

Tecmos Deception
03-13-2014, 08:21 AM
They changed these things, slay. I think there was controversy over the OLLLDDD "NPCs now can finish spellcasts even without LoS" change. The more recent "NPCs can finish spellcasts even if you have gated all the way across the zone" (just a bit bitter that I died to a nuke that finished after I was literally on the other side of the zone from gating yesterday :)) change was put in with the last patch kind of out of the blue I think.

If you want these things undone, your best bet is to find classic-era comments about them and posting them in the bugs forum. That doesn't seem like it will change these things though.

Daldaen
03-13-2014, 09:16 AM
And second, Once an NPC starts casting a spell you cannot avoid it, you can only interrupt it via push/stuns. So, working as intended...

At what point was that changed? The push part.

NPCs completely ignore push when channeling spells on live and have for many years. That's why I always thought it was cute people in progression guilds would try to get all their melee on a side of Vox or Gore to interrupt her CH.

bulbousaur
03-13-2014, 01:09 PM
Ah, yes the mobs landing spells oor is new... when I was killing ogres in WK it was easy enough to root a mob and back up after he started casting, and no spell would land.

slaybackaskani
03-13-2014, 01:28 PM
Yeah I saw the patch for it now Tec. I'm still curious where the idea even came from. I've played Rangers and druids for 14 years now and I've never seen mobs that can nuke no matter how far away you are. That sucks to die after gating. Hopefully we can get that fixed or I wouldn't be able to solo scarbrow for frozen orbs like I first did when velious came out on live. Hopefully the 66% dot rule and the fact I can't snare and root at the same time go away too although I do remember the root/snare issue. I just don't remember when Sony got rid of it.
Anyway, thanks guys.

Schortt
03-13-2014, 02:21 PM
NPCs had unlimited range for landing spells until 2002. It's right in the patch notes.

http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20020612.html