PDA

View Full Version : Kunark Leveling

snoopiku
03-14-2014, 01:18 PM
Hey folks! Not a new player, or even new to this server, but I wanted to make a remake of my Iksar Monk from live, Monksar. I stripped my Ranger and Rogue of what gear he could wear, gave him a couple of weapons (Wraith Bone Hammer and Iksar Berserker Club), and he is currently level 7. My question is, what is the best zones to level in if I am staying mainly on Kunark for the time being. I did FoB for a while, but the pit is a pain in my ass. I know Kurns at about 10 is good. Is there any place where there are some static spawns for my current level? I ran over to LOIO and have been fighting sabertooth cubs, goblin watchers and outriders, and skeletons, which seems to be a better prospect than the pit currently. I can fighting white con mobs no problem and yellow cons are even doable at this point, albeit risky. Maybe Swamp of No Hope has a froglok camp or something for my level range that I don't know about? I like the static spawns as I can fight and afk at my leisure.

My plan right now is:
1-6: FoB - Done
7-10: ??
10-?? (20?): Kurns
20-??: OT or Warsliks Woods And no idea after that.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. I know I could travel to the mainland, get factions up while I exp, get groups, etc.etc., but I wanted to focus on Kunark leveling for this guy.

PS: How big of a difference does the monk weight limit make for AC? My gear isn't exactly light right now, so I am definitely over, but does it make a huge difference at this level?

Whirled
03-14-2014, 01:29 PM
I can only share what route I took with an Iksar Warrior.
1-20 FoB/Kurns/SoNH/OT
21-30 WW/Loio
Am only lv31 atm so (to be continued), lol
Hope this does help tho!

lecompte
03-14-2014, 01:33 PM
I went from 22-42 on a cleric in OT. :X

snoopiku
03-14-2014, 01:37 PM
Any specific camps to check out? Right now I know its going to be a lot of pull what you see walking around, but towards the teens and 20's, should I be looking for camps or is most of Kunark random pathing mobs, with the exception being for named mobs, and even those path a lot (I'm looking at your Emerald Jungle).

Thanks for the info so far. Will keep trucking along in FoB/Loio for now until Kurns for now.

Ugrask
03-14-2014, 01:39 PM
7-12 In the Pit, area around it. Unless very well twinked(which you aren't) the greaters inside will probably whoop you. Unless you have a group.

Stay until the top floor in kurns isnt really giving good exp, then giants in WW, around 28/29 or sooner do the brutes near the Dalnir entrance until...34? Then Giants in FM.

This is all solo.

Whirled
03-14-2014, 01:46 PM
at lv7 I was in ramp groups mostly in FoB &/or doing parts of my pike quest in SoNH & other nearby low lvl areas. I didn't start hiding in Kurns back room until I was teens+ lvl. I hear the pond-spine (<=unsure exact name) fish in Loio are good for teens also but I didn't go that route. lower 20s I roamed around between WW giant fort, Loio sarnaks or roamers & Kurns basement (I am dubious to the burynai) so I was only killing undead, FYI.

Getting several Harm Touches is a bummer when you're low lvl

M.J.
03-14-2014, 10:50 PM
1-8 Field of Bone

(Untwinked New Player) Grab the bag from the curscale quest and the 4 slot bag for the monk armor from the guild trainer. Kill random trash 1-3 and then head to the spider cave and farm spiderling silk for making your own armor or selling later on. Spiders go completely green at 7 or 8. Bank all of your spiderling silk for selling later.

(Twinked) Head to area just before pit and kill everything until level 5, then go train round kick. Newbie ramp 5-9 solo or grouped.

9-18 Kurns

Solo you can kill scalebones on the first floor, but there are always groups going unless you're on Euro time or a late night player. If you haven't killed any of the burynai you can duo the basement with a healer or a cc all the way to 22, but the exp will be better elsewhere.

18-24 Overthere / Lake of Ill Omen

Overthere - A snaring duo will work in OT starting at 18 with intimidation and some added dps. You can solo the lower level birds and cacti but the yellows and reds will have a lot more hp for a damage capped monk solo. Starting at 20 you can chain pull here using fear on the zone wall. Caps out for xp around 24.

Lake of Ill Omen - Wind Mill Trash or Goblins Grouped. Goblins are actually really good experience if you have an enchanter to CC and a good tank or crazy dps. Once your group hits around 25 people want to do the sarnak fort, which I don't recommend.

SUGGESTION: At 18 get a port to WC/Nro/Nek from someone and sell the spiderling silk or just make it a goal to save up about 300pp. Pick up a Wu's Quivering Staff in EC or better 2hb, from 18+ if you are solo or duo you can be capping weapon skills for h2h, 1hb, or 2hb every level.

24-30 Warsliks Woods

Lower level giants solo / duo easily at 24, or the entire fort with a group. Brutes solo or duo near the dalnir entrance in the same level range.

30-40 Overthere, Frontier Mountain 35-50 Duo Dreadlands / Spectres

Overthere - Keep LFG up and just like before you can kill the lower level cacti and birds solo and duo you can kill pretty much everything at 30.

Frontier Mountains - Giant Fort slows down a lot after 36 when mobs start turning light blue.

Dreadlands (duo or grouped) - The yeti caves here are incredible exp and starting around 37 you can solo the yeti cave with 3 spawns easily. KC wall is a good pull spot and now that quad kiting over people is considered training because of sit aggro it should be a lot safer.

Spectres (Feerott, Oasis) - Feeroot is the best spot for spectres and duo with a necro, cleric, or melee dps you can fear and dps them down indefinitely 35-49. Duo it slows down a lot at 49 unless your partner is a lot lower level. As a monk you should be able to sneak bank in Oggok, and vendor to the ogres outside.

50-60 Dungeons, Static Spawns (afk camping), Factioning to pull for AE groups

Congratulations you're 50! Now work on a haste item if you don't have one, your epic, and jboots.

snoopiku
03-15-2014, 02:07 PM
Pretty in depth guide. I will make sure to check out all those places and keep your guide in mind.

Thanks!

snoopiku
03-18-2014, 10:38 AM
Well, forged my way to almost level 11. About to take on Kurns.

New question: Are there any quests I should focus on, especially as an undergeared monk? I know about the Shackle quests, which don't seem too worth it since you cannot get to the last few shackles on this server (yet at least). Any suggestions?

Ugrask
03-18-2014, 11:09 AM
You can try the sparing armor from Leech husks in Swamp, but honestly probably just better off trying to make cured silk.

Swamps a shit hole.

Lamil
03-18-2014, 11:24 AM
Curscale armor is decent for low lvl's

drgncore
03-18-2014, 11:36 AM
I'll give ya a run down on how my monk has leveled so far...

1-10 Field of Bone Pit(solo and grouped)
10-20 Kurns(solo and grouped)
20-28 Warsliks Woods Giant fort(solo)
28-32 Warsliks Woods Brutes outside Dalnir entrance(solo)
32-35 Frontier Mountain Giant Fort(solo and grouped)
35-39 Overthere Groups outside FM/SF zones
39-45 Dreadlands Yeti caves(NW cave mostly - solo with a few duo's tossed in)
45-51 City of Mist

Now I did bounce around in the 30-35 range when things were camped to High Hold Keep and did guards / goblins.

I run a moderately geared iksar monk - no fungi and only fbss for haste. Weapons I ran Wu trance sticks til 20, 20-30 was wu's quivering staff, 30-45 was Imbued Fighter's Staff and 45+ has been Adamantite Club + Stave of Shielding.

snoopiku
03-18-2014, 12:03 PM
I did some of the Curscale originally and ended up buying the rest from a vendor before transferring some gear from my other characters to my monk. Nothing great, but serviceable gear that should make it possible to solo for these lower levels until I can make some pp and head over to EC. I should be able to afford the wu's quivering staff by the time I hit 20, which is my main goal right now. Anything else I can afford (like another +55hp 5ac ring) would be gravy.

Lamil
03-18-2014, 12:43 PM
How camped are the DL Yeti caves? The Dalnir ones are pretty camped nowadays.

lecompte
03-18-2014, 12:58 PM
Very camped.

Lamil
03-18-2014, 01:17 PM
Knew it! Glad I didn't run over there

drgncore
03-18-2014, 01:20 PM
unless something has changed in the last month, I was always able to find them open, if not the caves, there are tons wandering around outside, there is also another cave system south west DL instead of the normal NW DL - and they are amazing xp