PDA

View Full Version : Questions before making up my mind:

MilanderTruewield
03-29-2014, 12:37 AM
Hello, if anyone here is formerly EMarr from Everquest, you probably remember me. I play a DE Cleric, Camien Ta`Mire, formerly GreyLords, Knights of Virtue, Radiant Eclipse/Caelestis Ignis from back in the day. I still play. I also played a Half Elf Paladin, Milander Truewield.

Anyway, I have been feeling rather nostalgic about the old EQ, and I've been doing some reading up on P99. My question is simple: I've heard the the majority of players are already 60 and that the game isn't too newbie friendly when it comes to getting groups for exp. is this the case, or would grouping to gain levels be a viable option?

Rellapse36
03-29-2014, 01:21 AM
plenty of people to group with at all level ranges

Rellapse36
03-29-2014, 01:22 AM
also 4 real noobs should try and grind out in the EC area for buffs and get free shit

Dragonmist
03-29-2014, 02:36 AM
tons of groups just will be some twinks here and there could be naked-bronze-fungi all sorts of people grouping, Buffers are friendly and people will always be up for grouping about always peak hours are prob 3pm through 2am EST.

MilanderTruewield
03-29-2014, 03:08 AM
Another random question:

During Velious, the Velious armor textures came out and made a statement about raid armor, it looked very, very good. Are there plans, once Velious is released, to enable those graphics?

Robben
03-29-2014, 08:22 AM
plenty of people to group with at all level ranges

This. The server has a healthy enough population now to find groups at all levels

Frug
03-29-2014, 08:25 AM
also 4 real noobs should try and grind out in the EC area for buffs and get free shit

Buffs, sure. Free stuff, maybe. XP - next to none. People are so addicted to sucking on the SoW/Clarity teat that they rarely go anywhere else.

As a gnome, I knocked out levels 1-8 in the Kaladim starting area doing the bone quest (went from 4 to 6.5 in about 3 minutes turning in bone chips) and the kobold camps in WAY less time than it took with any chars I bothered with in EC.

My hobbit druid had plenty of level-appropriate mobs in Misty Thicket, and I made a lot of money selling spears and shields for the baddies doing guards.

In Qeynos there's more mobs for 1-4 than you can possibly kill, and QH has plenty (and a couple good XP quests) too. And BB, if you're feeling masochistic or are on at odd hours.

In EC? I have sow and clarity, and nothing to kill. The orc camps are either fully booked or completely empty, and there aren't enough wolves and bears for more than about 3 people.

But, to each their own.

Swindle
03-29-2014, 08:37 AM
Welcome back, former EMARR player here as well. Plenty of grouping for all levels. Come on in the water is fine.

What class you looking to roll?

MilanderTruewield
03-29-2014, 09:01 AM
Well, I created a rogue, named Mukal after my Live rogue. And I promptly died while trying to find the rogue guild. Some nice lady in a red robe nuked me. So, count that corpse out, lol. I'll either stick with him or I will make Camien again, go go cleric power. I might just do that to see the old heal spell graphics again, loved those graphics.

Swindle
03-29-2014, 09:43 AM
I'm trying new classes this go around. Though I'm tempted to play an Enchanter, Mage, and Ranger again.

MilanderTruewield
03-29-2014, 08:37 PM
Interesting thing. I logged out this morning level 1 with nothing because I knew I couldn't get my corpse. I logged in this evening and no characters... :o

Noticed though, when I created the new character, and zoned into FP, that it said "This zone has no level 1 protection."

MilanderTruewield
03-29-2014, 08:55 PM
And why is my name red? :| I did not turn in the PoD tome... I deleted it, in fact. Says my OOC messages are not being delivered as well.

EDIT: Might help if I logged into the correct server, eh?