PDA

View Full Version : Necro or druid

Magrim
03-31-2014, 12:51 AM
I played the original did a wood elf ranger to 10 and a ogre shaman to 19 but lost interest when I couldn't tank/dps/heal all at once. (lol)

I'm thinking necro or druid, I'll be looking for friends!

Laugher
03-31-2014, 01:09 AM
Necros are fun for soloing and were my first choice on live, enjoyed fear kiting/get good self buffage and of course the pet

Druids make good money porting, and can solo well but are mostly relegated to being a healer in a group, if that doesn't bother you though druids a pretty good class for making money and having fun solo or grouped.

In either case you're left with the option to solo, on the higher end druids are useful for buffs but become second or third rate healers (can't beat CH, shams get canni) while necros are still just as good at their job (dps; mana pump) and require less minute to minute attention than say healing as a druid.

littlebobby3
03-31-2014, 01:40 AM
I couldn't tank/dps/heal all at once. (lol)

The only class that it know of that can do this would be a pally but their dps sucks and heals are meh, only really good for tanking and from what I hear SK's and warriors are better at tanking.

I play a necro, played one on live and that's what I play here. Great soloing aspect but when it comes to raids or grps they don't bring much until DMF at 44.

Breeziyo
03-31-2014, 01:49 AM
I'm kind of curious. How much platinum do druids tend to make just porting people around? Would love to have a class that I can idly make plat with to fuel my altitis.

falendar
03-31-2014, 01:54 AM
few hundred to few thousand an hour depending on tips/time you play.

Kayso
03-31-2014, 02:17 AM
Keep in mind that you don't have all of your group ports until 39.

If you put your head down from 39-55 and level quad kiting mobs that drop good coin/loot, you will make as much money during those hours leveling as you would putting in the same hours in EC tunnel doing ports.

The only thing you need to worry about in terms of money is getting a lumi staff before 46. ~5K?

Magrim
03-31-2014, 03:50 AM
I made a necro and started in freeport im in the inn i think but i can't find the damn secret door. where is it !?!?!?! arrrggggg

innocent51
03-31-2014, 04:09 AM
Solo:
Necro will be widely better under 34. When you start quadding xp is slighly better on druid but you still can take bigger targets on necro if you need to farm for a quest, a drop...

Grouping:
Up to mid 30 druid can make it as main healer AND can be anywhere they want pretty fast so they are glorified clerics. After 40ies you pretty much cannot heal anything serious. You eventually at some point (40 to 53) find that even necro heals better.
At high end, not considering raids, evacs and pick ups can be an argument, druids are actually good group leaders if you are willing to put effort into that but they lack sheer utility. They dont dps much, they heal pretty bad and only reliably CC outdoor (Harmo).

Necro will never be able to "main heal" ever. In very ghetto set ups they can make it work with fear kite and occasionnal patch heals but nothing reliable.
However they can FD pull (and even pet/darkness/CoS trick if they know their class), they can averagely bad CC (ghetto mez, root, pet offtank, charm UD), pull very decent DPS (either through pets or UD charms), bring very reliable EB and can mana twitch.
They bring overall much more to a group than a druid if you don't drastically need an evac.

Magrim
03-31-2014, 04:18 AM
Okay i found the entrance (someone helped). So does the server always go down at this time and for how long?

ElricX
03-31-2014, 05:45 PM
few hundred to few thousand an hour depending on tips/time you play.

A few hundred is a more realistic expectation. An occasional wealthy pocketed types that need a EJ transport will throw down a hundred or sometimes.

I am sure there are instances of desperate players making it rain platinum for a lucky druid have indeed happened..but those are few and far between.

littlebobby3
03-31-2014, 07:21 PM
what is your characters name?? I am Sliren just hmu in game

Magrim
03-31-2014, 07:49 PM
magrim

Aroith
03-31-2014, 10:54 PM
Druids are an outdoor solo class. They are basically pointless in groups. Their heals are too weak and their buffs are more designed for powerleveling, and dps is not worth the time. Necros are as well designed as a solo class but they can at least do dps in a group.

SyanideGas
03-31-2014, 11:03 PM
Necros are really awesome at solo, can farm monies really well too.

Kevynne
04-03-2014, 03:45 AM
The only class that it know of that can do this would be a pally but their dps sucks and heals are meh, only really good for tanking and from what I hear SK's and warriors are better at tanking.

I play a necro, played one on live and that's what I play here. Great soloing aspect but when it comes to raids or grps they don't bring much until DMF at 44.

only bad until 20, then your ghoulbane will rape shit for you while you just watch dat health
not to mention, rooting targets for prox agro as well as stuns for snap agro (fuck flash of light) they also heal unpar with a shaman/druid from 29-52 (or w/e the gap between gheal and supheal is)

warriors are better.. sometimes. depends on who's behind the keys

sks, highly debateable, would choose pally>sk but most will tell you sk> pally
imo, LH>HT too

ANYWAYS

necro, can farm the fuck out of everything and anything
well druid can do that too +ports,
sooo drood

Kevynne
04-03-2014, 03:46 AM
Druids are an outdoor solo class. They are basically pointless in groups. Their heals are too weak and their buffs are more designed for powerleveling, and dps is not worth the time. Necros are as well designed as a solo class but they can at least do dps in a group.

druids can do fairly good dps depending on where they are grouping

Goofier
04-03-2014, 11:34 AM

So you're gonna click off the DS and evac yourself?

Lyrith
04-03-2014, 12:25 PM
Druids were really never that great for groups until Planes of Power. They are both good soloing, Necromancer being better or well a higher survive-ability rate and being able to do dungeons better.

Splorf22
04-03-2014, 01:24 PM
The problem with both Druids and Necros is that they are very front loaded. In classic Druids and Necros stack up very well versus Shamans and Enchanters; in Kunark the latter two classes blow the first two out of the water, mostly due to hugely increased melee hp/dps and the constant stream of summoning mobs.

Quineloe
04-03-2014, 01:27 PM
Necro can ghetto heal just fine as long as the group sticks to low-mid blue enemies up until level 30. If you whack red cons, you need a cleric. Druid won't cut that either as a solo healer.

Druids as DPS? Oh please, only if you can keep an animal chain charmed to DPS for you. Next you'll tell us wizard is good sustained dps...

baalzy
04-03-2014, 01:55 PM
Necro can ghetto heal just fine as long as the group sticks to low-mid blue enemies up until level 30. If you whack red cons, you need a cleric. Druid won't cut that either as a solo healer.

Druids as DPS? Oh please, only if you can keep an animal chain charmed to DPS for you. Next you'll tell us wizard is good sustained dps...

Well, if you don't have a mage doing their damage shield then you can count all the damage done by the druid dmg shield as DPS for the druid. Which is pretty insanely efficient DPS.

daasgoot
04-03-2014, 03:47 PM
1) level a druid to 60
2) level a necro to 60
3) decide which you like better
4) ?
5) profit

Magrim
04-03-2014, 04:46 PM
What's funny is I wasn't actually polling people's opinion on what was better, I was just stating what I was thinking of doing and introducing myself. XD