PDA

View Full Version : What's up? An intro / Thanks.

Blade
04-03-2014, 03:37 AM
What's going on guys. I'm Blade Lord, a mid 20's Iksar Warrior, previously from the Sullon Zek (cesspool) server on live. Just want to introduce myself and give out a couple thanks.

I've known about Project 1999 since it's inception. When it launched, I reserved a few cool names and then just never went anywhere with it. (I believe I was putting a lot of time into EZ Server as a Rogue named Lance around that time). Well, a few weeks ago I was looking for something new to put my time into, and I was stoked to see Project 1999 thriving. Fast forward to now, and here I am, doing pretty well.

Right now I'm a level 25 Iksar Warrior. People have suggested I roll a more solo/farm friendly class during my first run, but I can't. I'm a Warrior. I'm not a Necro enthusiast. I'm not a Shaman enthusiast. I'm not gonna spend a lot of time on something I don't really enjoy, just to have an easier time on the character I want to actually play, down the road. I know I can't wear plate. Fuck it, that gets alleviated in Velious, and it's not like I'm just going to get insta-gibbed by everything anyways, I'm just shittier for a while. No biggy.

I can't hold aggro for balls in Groups atm because I don't have any proccing weapons. I'm rocking a Sword of Skyfire + Green Jade Broadsword combo. So I choose to solo a lot, because it's fucking embarassing when the group is like "Oh sweet, a tank." and I'm like "Surprise! All of you are -also- tanking.". And truthfully, if I find the right mobs (Dark Blue cons, that are about 1-2 levels from being Light Blue), I can solo pretty efficiently just by fighting things I know I can kill within a 50%hp window (bandage, bandage, go back at it, non stop). So even that giant "Warriors can't solo as good as x-class" negative doesn't really bother me, because I haven't tasted the fruits of x-class to spoil it.

Anyways, long story short, I have a lot of time to invest on my character, and I'm not alt-driven at all, so I hope to be a serious Warrior grouping with a lot of you in no time! Thanks for making me feel pretty welcome already.

P.s.

I can't end this without thanking a few people that stuck out to me.

Drath - Troll Shaman that lived around the FoB/Kurns area. This guy has buffed me out of the blue, without warning and not expecting anything in return. FoB/Kurns/Overthere, it didn't matter. The fact that you'd just do nothing but hang out and help noobs really goes a long way man, thanks.

Bongs - Just an overall nice guy. Figured he'd be a dick because he was a rich EC Mule and named Bongs lol. Turns out he's a super friendly dude and helped me out with a lot of information and a couple of items to sell to buy some banded and stuff. Thanks man.

Scayle / Scayle's Chick (sorry lol) - Two Iksar that are always in FoB helping out noobs with buffs / items / everything. Thanks for making the early levels easier.

I'm going to pay it forward so fucking hard when I'm in position to, thanks to all you guys.

/longwinded introduction post

Whirled
04-03-2014, 11:06 AM
Hello fellow lizard warrior! Ironically; I just gave an iksar warrior last night my stun whip & a Kunzar sword too. I have some quest armor in bank if u want/need...dont know if u are doing the iksar warrior armor quests or the pike ones.

Lyrith
04-03-2014, 12:22 PM
Welcome to the Server! (To play this time) Instead of just reserving names. =D

GL with your ventures and glad you are playing what YOU want to play.

lecompte
04-03-2014, 06:05 PM
Welcome to the server!

mtb tripper
04-03-2014, 06:20 PM
Welcome to the community! try red server

Kayso
04-03-2014, 06:34 PM
Welcome. If you want to group, you're only about 5 levels and maybe 800pp away from some decent aggro weapons... "Scorpikis Claw Impaler" x2 should run you 700pp total?

In the interim, "Gnoll Hide Lariat" main hand and "Goblin Skull Crusher" offhand should set you back less than 100pp in total.

Dragonmist
04-06-2014, 12:21 AM
Welcome man youre close to half way there! 60 is max level and you have forever to get there Velious hasnt even opened YET and well its a fairly decent community glad to see youre sticking it out.

Few more things /note,/hidecorpse looted,and /gems dont forget those they all help =)

skorge
04-06-2014, 10:44 AM
welcome to the server, i think i saw you in Kurn's yesterday, lol