PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Necropolis - Spiders

happyhappy
04-15-2014, 03:22 PM
Description: Merbs's agro radius too low, run speed too slow, resists too low, randomly procs on himself instead of the target, none summon
Relevant NPCs: Phase Spiders

Relevant LOCs: first level of Dragon Necropolis

Steps to reproduce bug: play with them

Expected behavior: Should agro from nearly max cast range, run at almost sow speed, have higher MR, not proc on themselves, none high enough to summon so far

Currently I have time to run in with no run speed, bash it before it even agroes me, can run them back to the zoneline strafing, only getting hit twice, and keep them perma snared/feared. As far as proc goes, it seems to work, sometimes, sometimes it procs on me, sometimes they proc it on themselves. Haven't encountered a summoning one yet, the top range should be of the minimal summon level.

Research:

these have a nasty habbit of phasing you out within a certain distance, seems to only happen on random bites, but can be quite dangerous. as a caster i was summoned for overnuking, phased out next to another spider then summoned back, nice way to gather more unwanted spiders.
also makes it easy to ping pong the spiders when tanks get phased out.

yeah I went with a another guild to raid this place for abotu 2 hours maybe 3 and we only pulled the phase spiders with a druid who snared but was resisting it alot. (...) as I was running back to zone to my life I must have sprung a trap cause all these little beetles came up and killed me along with the 2 spiders summoning me like mad back and forth. that's how I died.

Untill u learn the area well pull the ones near the portal and pull them to the portal they keep up with run speed 3 and the Nec is indoor so u need shew or zone out sow or some such. Not sure if they are snareable as I can't snare.

(out of scope posts but confirming the older ones about resists and speed)
Yeah, I went back there(56 enc 204charimas unbuffed but with my charisma buff 254, 255int) recently and was charm kiting with ease, i pulled with tash casted fast root and charmed a phase spider, would pull with tash run then root(they hardly ever hit me, had soe)

You should be able to solo these quite easily - I've done it successfully as a 46 Druid (with KEI, Chloroplast and SOW) and have had no problems. These critters hit me for about 120 (max) damage if I cut a corner short.

Okie i figured out how to get to DN, zoned in and anther druid told me the basics , we partnered up on a few, it was really easy.They hit fast cause ushally i can still get spells off with mobs pounding on me. i dont need Soe or Sow Either , i just need PoTg/Potc up, and kei, even with snare resists its easy to get off once with it on yer back and, if it hits yeh a lil, killed about 65 so far, with 9 to 10 bloods, this is easy, enough there are tons of them though =) and i see "Farming" isnt really ganna work, o well , for me its a challenge that wont go un-taken and un-won, (had the same feeling with Ely's) So avechally will get something done.(i take good friends to keep me company or i fall asleep =P
Baroness Wolvesoul Haenaml, 60 Heirophant of Tunarean Wood elves.

I kill them with the ol' "Root and Rot" method. At 65, they are about 50/50 light blue/dark blue. They DO NOT phase you anymore (at the risk of losing my favorite soloing spot to scads of melee type soloers now). They are pretty resistant to magic, so your root will hardly ever last the full duration. Use you root with dmg for this reason, they will die quicker with the added dmg. Stack your DoTs (Winged Death, Difting Death, Immolation of Ro and epic--if you have the latter two), and re-dot as needed. At 60, I would seriously not try for more than one at a time. And SoE is a must, zone into to WW to reapply when it drops, these run SoW speed. One resisted snare and you will have problems. Oh, yeah, always pull with snare unless you have a HUGE head start. And, they have a prety big aggro range.

Oh, and you can't kite them with lightning because it is an indoor zone. That, and even my Storm's Fury lightning spell only hits them 1 in 4 casts (that spell is single target 410 dd with stun, indoor/outdoor). Another thing veterans of DN will notice, there's alot more spiders, almost 3x as many. The majority of them are static spawns but there are still a few pathers. I haven't popped any traps in one 6 hr session of killing there, but that's not to say that they nerfed them, too.

Well these guys are pretty easy for me lvl 60 ranger and my cleric friend who is lvl 57, i snare she fears once i hack it down by the time her fear ends its pretty much toast, have less than 10k hps but hit in the 150-167 range with a 1197 ac. their "phase" proc is unresistable as far as i can tell, and sucks because it will knock you sometimes into a bone pile spawning a dragon construct. Those have to die once being spawned, we would zone and wait, it would walk back to its pile and as soon as i zoned in it agroed me from across the room. so either zoning doesnt clear agro or they have the largest agro range in all of EQ. I think they dont clear agro by zoning because i had the cleric friend cast invis vs. undead and it still came after me from zone in. i cant wait till i get endless quiver and am3 in while, im gonna come back here and OWN lol. btw one of the constructs dropped his 2hp not that bad of a ratio.

Rooting these while fighting cuts down on the phasing, also are very resistant to snares, never landed one. Seem to have around jboots speed, sow will outrun them barely. Ice nukes work well on them. Stuns work sometimes but not really worth casting due to there resist rate of it. Hit for around 140+, so buff up... good luck =)

i've been here and this proc is actually very nice for casters... I think it might even make them easier to solo (root sticks well when it finally hits for 5 seconds +) but my experience with these bastards was with 1 group, and it was hard enough to get these rooted so that they'd stop running back and forth in bad paths (damned zin of this zone has the spiders smokeing crack)

Erati
04-15-2014, 04:27 PM
http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142420

was already a post about these but I agree they are way too easy ( notice my comment about my druid bear pet tanking them when slowed)

however I did find a few that summoned, so most likely the lvl 51+ ones are more rare to find maybe?

evilkorn
04-15-2014, 05:23 PM
Yep they do currently summon:
[Fri Mar 07 00:47:49 2014] a phase spider says 'You will not evade me
[Fri Mar 07 00:52:43 2014] a phase spider says 'You will not evade me
[Fri Mar 07 13:31:33 2014] a phase spider says 'You will not evade me
[Sat Mar 08 00:50:51 2014] a phase spider says 'You will not evade me

happyhappy
04-15-2014, 06:07 PM
I must not have gotten lucky, or the other way around, depends on how you look at it.