PDA

View Full Version : Quickly realized over a decades time I forgot what I once knew as an 11 year old!

Hyjinkz
04-16-2014, 11:13 PM
Okay so I haven't played this game in over a decade and am realizing I've forgotten everything I once knew of Everquest!

I've created a Dark Elf Necromancer and got into the Nektulos Forest to begin killing mobs. However, I honestly can't remember ANYTHING about Early game! I got towards late game on the tail end of my EQ career and only ever had one character, therefore early game complete escapes me.

Will I be grinding hard on just random mobs? Will I be acquiring quests?
Sorry for such noob questions, just an old EQ player trying to regain my bearings.

Aussie
04-16-2014, 11:17 PM
Alot of grinding, not much in the way of questing until later levels really.

Tradeskilling if you so desire.

As a necromancer, you will be able to solo quite well!

Welcome back :)

Dragonmist
04-16-2014, 11:18 PM
There arent really any newbie quests outside of orc scalps,belts,bonechip quests for EXP mainly grinding whatever mobs you can kill or you can group when you can find one about level 5+ you can get Pick up groups near your area and maybe orc camps in East Commonlands.

Nektulos-Lavastorm-Najena good dungeon for level 10+ then Sol A after that or you could hit teens and head to Oasis,etc

Look around forums read the wiki http://wiki.project1999.com/ quite a bit of good infos there Goodluck...

Hyjinkz
04-16-2014, 11:18 PM
Thank you for the quick response! I did remember the game being quite difficult, and lengthy as far as leveling! However just wanted to make sure I was beginning the game the proper way and not missing anything :p!