PDA

View Full Version : Next beta patch: Dain and Yelinak

nilbog
05-19-2014, 03:58 PM
In the next patch, Dain Frostreaver IV and Lord Yelinak will be spawned for testing.

Feedback from these raid events would help a great deal. To date, I have been present for many of the kael and templeveeshan raids. Watching these fights helps to judge difficulty based on numbers present and strategies used. Despite watching the events, personal feedback is still useful.

Did you feel as though the raid npcs were too difficult/too easy?
How were the resists. Too difficult/too easy?

etc.

Feel free to open threads in this forum including feedback on individual npcs or whole zones.

Thanks.

Ele
05-19-2014, 05:32 PM
Speaking of Dain...

Will "pulling" him into the well be kosher with the staff?

SamwiseRed
05-19-2014, 07:43 PM
you really need to quote pulling?

Alunova
05-20-2014, 08:12 AM
Speaking of Dain...

Will "pulling" him into the well be kosher with the staff?

When I created the path file I also made a specific path down the well so this would be possible, but it still needs to be tested.

Elderan
05-20-2014, 11:17 AM
In the next patch, Dain Frostreaver IV and Lord Yelinak will be spawned for testing.

Feedback from these raid events would help a great deal. To date, I have been present for many of the kael and templeveeshan raids. Watching these fights helps to judge difficulty based on numbers present and strategies used. Despite watching the events, personal feedback is still useful.

Did you feel as though the raid npcs were too difficult/too easy?
How were the resists. Too difficult/too easy?

etc.

Feel free to open threads in this forum including feedback on individual npcs or whole zones.

Thanks.

Thanks. We plan to test it once it goes live.

Elderan
05-20-2014, 11:17 AM
When I created the path file I also made a specific path down the well so this would be possible, but it still needs to be tested.

Glad to hear, we will try this. Fighting in that room up top would be crazy.

Raavak
05-20-2014, 11:23 AM
Did people fight him up there, with all the banishes and everything? We did the well every time I can remember.

Elderan
05-20-2014, 11:32 AM
Did people fight him up there, with all the banishes and everything? We did the well every time I can remember.

Always did the well.

Nirgon
05-20-2014, 11:53 AM
Killed every single time in the well. Cannot imagine how many tanks you'd need to fight him in that room.

Most interested with resist rates on Yelinak's aoe and of course magic/cold resistance on npcs in ice well keep zone.

Scrubosaur
05-20-2014, 01:31 PM
We usually pulled with a couple monks to entrance (not sure exactly how they did it but they did). We kept the tanks in a CotH mage group and they would just call out when they got banished.

Kevynne
05-20-2014, 02:00 PM
i remember fighting in the well every time

Buellen
05-20-2014, 02:08 PM
Thanks. We plan to test it once it goes live.

Removing my comments as i failed at reading comprehension sorry elderan

Thank you man o warr

Man0warr
05-20-2014, 02:20 PM
Pretty sure he meant once it's live on Beta, not live on Blue.

lurk
05-21-2014, 03:38 AM
Dain doesn't hit THAT hard so it's entirely possible to kill him with a few tanks on him as you CoTH back. His banish doesn't work on pets. Maybe time it and back off and let an epic pet take it? I killed him tons of times on live in PoP with 4-12 mages and pet pulled him to zone in myself every time. Seneschal Aldikar is like a pet to dain and very hard to split. It was possible but that could be because pet pulling was so OP, even still sometimes he would just show up out of nowhere.

lurk
05-22-2014, 01:39 AM
Was thinking well vs zone in and actually think zone in would be better. The banish drops agro either way. Warriors will be losing agro every 30 seconds while everyone else goes up. So at zone in you can just zone out to drop agro. CoTH the tanks back fast. Maybe succor clerics or just CoTH them.

Elderan
05-23-2014, 11:12 AM
Dain doesn't hit THAT hard so it's entirely possible to kill him with a few tanks on him as you CoTH back. His banish doesn't work on pets. Maybe time it and back off and let an epic pet take it? I killed him tons of times on live in PoP with 4-12 mages and pet pulled him to zone in myself every time. Seneschal Aldikar is like a pet to dain and very hard to split. It was possible but that could be because pet pulling was so OP, even still sometimes he would just show up out of nowhere.

Dain was never that hard and was easier than Tormax for example. But he would still wipe most existing guilds on P99.

Versch
06-05-2014, 10:45 AM
Dain runs just a little bit faster than the rest of his cronies. You can also use this to your advantage and have a monk team pull him to zone in.

Nirgon
06-05-2014, 01:19 PM
I have live parses done for Dain and Yelinak including faction hits here (http://www.filedropper.com/eqlognirgonetest)

bigshowtime
06-10-2014, 09:58 PM
It's ok neither are still spawned

Ele
06-10-2014, 10:10 PM
It's ok neither are still spawned

There hasn't been a patch.