PDA

View Full Version : Imba The Great

Shinko
05-28-2014, 12:41 AM
Tanked AOW for 10%

bigshowtime
05-28-2014, 01:39 AM
The ch line was very bad, 2 second pause too difficult for half the clerics to follow

SamwiseRed
05-28-2014, 09:30 AM
good i hope it takes months for velious to be conquered and not days.

Alde
05-28-2014, 10:13 AM
Hey dps war, just play your necro.

sanforce
05-28-2014, 12:41 PM
Hey dps war, just play your necro.

hey ranger, sshh

Alde
05-28-2014, 01:00 PM
hey ranger, sshh

slacker <3

Exmo
05-28-2014, 01:59 PM
Was that the Duration of his Disc and then get 1 rounded? or Cleric Fail?

Artaenc
05-28-2014, 02:38 PM
Crippled and dex debuffed? Also this guy in 2003 seems to think AoW rampages, maybe he doesn't know what he's talking about. Also I don't remember when AE taunt was installed, didn't think it was during Velious but didn't need it from what I can remember.

http://www.eqcleric.com/archive/index.php/t-4745.html

Artaenc
05-28-2014, 02:42 PM
The ch line was very bad, 2 second pause too difficult for half the clerics to follow

wait til they have to follow a leading cleric switching to a new tank, more fun to be had.

lurk
05-29-2014, 04:31 AM
AoW never rampaged, just flurry. His AC, attack and resists are through the roof. MR is probably immune to prevent slow since I think that was before the "immune to changes in attack speed" flag. To tank him legit without farming a lot of velious you need two separate tank and cleric rotations. So yeah would take some cooperation between guilds.

Between his flurries and riposte he will one shot a defensive tank. You have to have two defensive warriors, both receiving a tight CH chain. This way if one goes down you already have another defensive and taking heals.

It is a long long fight so here's what you need to keep those CHs flowing forever. Pre-engagement summon mod rods out the ass, you need an epic pile of these. Necros twitch mages. Have the raid continuously pick up and drop rods, I believe they will poof after 5 minutes of sitting. During the fight have your paladins or whatever useless class continue to keep rods fresh and necros twitch clerics.

You need a bard with the warriors to keep their DS at max, it should go a little over 100 if the lava diamond trick worked. DS will do more DPS than your next 5 top classes combined. Of course then you need your enchanters and druids to charm up. (Raid full of puppet stringers would be an impressive sight haha) Shaman have a wolf they can charm (hits for max 65), they should probably focus on keeping avatar on monks/rogues and torporing clerics as they eat themselves alive though

And yes AoW's agro is very proximity or undead type, however you want to call it. Taking advantage of mallets and prox agro I think agro should be fine but you also have the ranger WS option if tank switches aren't going right.

Luclin gave chars a leg up on AoW but really only slightly. The huge difference was the new ridiculously OP modrods, AE taunt and defensive AAs. I would say SCM but really T-rods were the game changer.

Loke
05-29-2014, 10:33 PM
Jhahl would have tanked at least 11%. DE master race. Frontal stun immunity just can't compete with Ultravision and wispy alabaster bangs.

Tankdan
05-31-2014, 06:01 AM
If it's anything like classic, a buncha guilds will just tagteam zerge him. That goes for a lot of Velious content.