PDA

View Full Version : Any Chinese players out there...

Tseng
08-24-2010, 10:08 PM
This is probably a long shot, but if there any Chinese players reading this board, recently a Chinese guild named <Connection> has been formed. Besides myself, the guild is composed of Chinese speaking players, mostly from China, but including at least one from Bhutan (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bhutan) (crazy how international P1999 is), and the guild usually plays during peak hours of GMT+8 which is 12 hours difference from EST in the United States. The guild is full of helpful people, and all also speak English if your Chinese isn't the best.

Anyone can send a tell to one of my characters (Tseng, Methlab) or Coldfiraga or Huaers about joining the guild, I'm sure we'd be glad to have you.

Ruien
08-24-2010, 10:19 PM
Phenomenal. My wife and I are currently members of <Europa> due to it being the closest in time zones, but that is not ideal. My wife and I live in mainland China (Sichuan). My Chinese is decent, not perfect, but by wife is a native speaker. We'd be happy to join up:

Me: "Ruien Mindwar", 40 Enc
Wife: "Feng Huang", 31 Mage

I do have a question, however. While my computer has Sogou Pinyin installed, EQ doesn't seem support Unicode input. So, even if I were to type Chinese, it doesn't show up in game; is that correct? Do you guys just guild talk in pinyin (?!). That can't be right..

Tseng
08-24-2010, 10:39 PM
I actually asked the same earlier, as Chinese characters would randomly show and then not show. For example, I logged on today and at first they didn't show, then I rebooted and they did. I have no clue the rhyme or reason to it. I made a thread to ask here, figuring it was worth a shot, but not likely to produce any answers, which it didn't. But you can see the difference between them showing and not showing.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/showthread.php?t=14469

I have asked, and they do use some IME to type the Chinese characters, no clue which one though.

snirke
08-27-2010, 01:12 AM
wut up Ruien...this is Kiix/Recon. Hit me up in game brotha.

Swishahouse
08-27-2010, 02:56 AM
snirke are you faalin?

bufferofnewbies
08-27-2010, 07:18 AM
btw: the best fix for the language text problems is a good Ventrilo (or Skype, or whatever you prefer) server. ;)

Tseng
09-02-2010, 03:06 AM
bumpity

eqdruid76
09-02-2010, 03:03 PM
Our dichotomy opens the combat. We are for the big.