PDA

View Full Version : The Hole (story)

Diogene
08-28-2010, 06:21 AM
The Hole has been a blast for me back in 1999, I did not know it was on the map before... when i first found it. Honestly no bullshit, i wasn't following all the news about the game, i was more playing and strangely i never heard anything related to this new zone on the channels. Everyone seemed focused on Lguk, SolB, POF, Hate etc... And Plane of Sky was "the" big deal.

Well, anyway, I was in hell level and sick of grinding these bloody dwarves in BB (heavily camped at the time, around december 1999 the server was peaking to 1300 players) and looked at this lake at the far end of the Necro city, and felt in it accidently. Damnit, i usually hate that shit, and for some reason, when i want to go out, i enter between rocks and become stuck underwater...

First of, I freak out because i do not have a fishbone to cast underwater breathing, even though I realize that i can't even sit to mem anything ! a gate or something ! I hit the keyboard and the mouse, as i see i'm running out of air, and suddenly i'm in a freakin tunnel. I dont decide to go back trough the rocks as the water start to hit my HP's ! I go straight without too much mind in anything but survive ! =)

And then : LOADING, PLEASE WAIT... ENTERING THE RUINS OF OLD PAINEEL.

WTF ! While the screen is loading, I'm just too much surprised and still very stressed. My life is low, and if the tunnel is still a few meters long to run (euh swim) I kow i'll die, and 'll loose a fucking precious hell lvl bubble. When i enter, I see the water's surface. I almost crush the W key to get out. Breathe ! I'm alive... with like 30 hit points.... And what I see is two fat elementals sitting right in front of me, in some Gothic underground castle Hall. Hopefully, I'm too far to aggro. I could have feel the water cold... I go back underwater to mem a port to WC... to spread the AWESOME DISCOVERY in EC. I feel just awesome of my greatness.

Back on solid ground, the Western Commons shows more than 50 people. Pretty good sign of a packed EC. The good ol' saturday market fever (3.30am) makes me think i woulda hit a lot of folks with my breaking news ;). I'm looking for a full group you know, I want my part of glory. I want to be a PIONEER.

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT... ENTERING EAST COMMONLANDS

/who

OMG. There is 160 players in the zone.

Crowded tunnel market. A lot of shit going on : duels, shady transactions, regular /ooc spammers, and a shitload of /auctions as usual.

Awjin shouts : HEY ! SOMEBODY EVER HEARD ABOUT THE HOLE, I JUST FOUND THIS NEW ZONE, LOOKS NIIIIICE <3
xx shouts : The hole sucks, the loot is poor.
yy shouts : too much aggro range, don't bother going there, it's not worth the trip.
Awjin shouts : Ah okay, great, I'll go there with my grandma then.

WTF OMFG I WANNA DIE...

Next.. i will explain my first raid into The Hole, when we went at 40 people 46+ and where we all get wipped...

Reiker
08-28-2010, 08:44 AM
The Hole had good loot those guys were dumb!