PDA

View Full Version : Which way does the wind blow?

Hasbinbad
12-20-2009, 11:41 PM
What are people thinking as far as the system for selecting raid targets?

Goobles
12-21-2009, 12:14 AM
This shit is so old...

Taluvill
12-21-2009, 12:24 AM
Voted for spawn variance, although my close #2 is the PVE FG idea.

I think spawn variances of 12 hours would be cool. 6 before to 6 after the kill. would be enough time that no particular guild could have everyone ready (work, school, etc). You cant do a 14 hour camp every week with every player. Some can, but most cannot consecutively.

Camping allowed (15-20 minimum to camp, to discourage it, but allowed), but one mob at a time basically. You get one attempt and if you can come in and rez and such before the next guild has a force ready, you can have another before another guild.

first to engage, although lets not be dumbasses about it. If Say trans was killing naggy and wiped, ib could come in and try and kill it. IF trans was rezzed and ready to go before ib was, Trans could get another shot at it. First to engage both times. Trans wipes again, IB gets next attempt, so on and so forth. Any other guilds except for the currently engaging guild would have to be outside of the current zone before moving in.

If a camp situation was used, say IB camped 15 people at vox. They would get first to engage, and have a 2 hour time limit to engage.

Dunno how it would work for planes. i almost think the current rotation is best, especially for planes type crap. Hell,

Idea #2: we could do a sunday - wednesday and thurs -sat split for fear/hate or whatever, and do spawn variance on dragons and phinny and whomever? Cazic/inny would swap each week, and if guilds killing him so that he may spawn in their rotation the next week, again, they would forfeit that day for the rotation. Cazic/inny would be fixed

Idea #2b: Once hate is released, could do a week long fear/hate split. would be easy to organize raid nights then. Trans gets fear for a week, then splits.

My ideas. Discourages other guilds though = /

PS: Yes, this shit is getting old = )
PSS: apologize for hijacking this a tad bit.

Somekid123
12-21-2009, 12:51 AM
Nilbog edit : Clear violation of "personal attack" rules. Post had no helpful content. Deleted

darkkor
12-21-2009, 10:43 AM
Spawn Variance with anti camping rules is the only way to go.

People have already posted example situations where being in a zone first = "claiming" the mob rule will ALWAYS result in problems, variance or not. People will just sit in the zone even longer, that's all, and both guilds will still be there at the same time.

+12/-12 hour spawn variance and you're not allowed in the zone until the raid target spawns.

Ektar
12-21-2009, 11:01 AM
Well, seeing as how it's not even decided upon yet... it's basically not even born. Something not born is not old. If it doesn't apply to you, don't read it? HAWHAW what an idea.

And dark, the problem with that is these targets aren't in their own little cubby of a zone. Are people not allowed to level at solb royals? Camp efreeti? And how about sebilis? Sure we can say "well ignore people doing that" but it's issues like this people can, and will, exploit (be damn sure that, especially if I get slighted by trans first, I will suggest a "camp" of efreeti with a raid force juuuuust around the time of naggy's spawn...