PDA

View Full Version : Nek Forest Crash.. Help?

Xaanka
08-20-2014, 07:47 PM
So, I rolled a new human bard, and I stumbled my way into Nek forest while I was leveling.

At first I had the gray zone issue. For some reason, even though I had removed all of the other old nektulos forest zone files, I still had a nektulos.eqg in my folder. Removed the file, and tried to log in.

Now I just get a crash stating that the zone file for nektulos forest is missing.. Does anybody know how to resolve this? Should I reinstall? I'm running the v33 p99 files.

Xaanka
08-20-2014, 07:52 PM
Aaaaand I solved this one a second after posting. Mods feel free to delete this, otherwise I'll leave my solution here for anyone who stumbles upon this on a search:

- I found a nektulos.s3d file deleted on my drive, which hadn't been overwritten yet. Recovered it and I can zone in now! Looks like it ended up getting deleted on accident.

Swish
08-21-2014, 08:29 AM
Yep this happened to me after reinstalling, I forgot about those troublesome file changes... can happen to new and old players alike :p

If you get stuck, /petition and get a GM to summon you to EC (you can log out in the meantime).