PDA

View Full Version : Bard - Puretone/Psalm of Mystic Shielding

Arcinsane
08-22-2014, 12:50 AM
Wasn't sure if this should go under spells or mechanics. So sorry if this is the wrong spot in advance.

When using Psalm of mystic shielding with Puretone the modifier goes down instead of up.

This is while wielding epic.

Had Znush test to confirm as my puretone was down when i wanted to try.

epic he had 258 MR
Puretone w/ epic he had 203 MR

Went to try this again on all resistance songs, but i hit puretone with 1 second left on timer apparently.
When i hit puretone a second later when it popped up nothing happened except giving me a timer for another hour. Will try the rest of them another time.

Arcinsane
08-23-2014, 12:28 AM
Should rename this Bard Epic + Puretone.

So when using Puretone and bard epic on songs involving resists, it acts like it had a modifier of 1.0 for the RESIST COMPONENT ONLY

When using Puretone and bard epic on songs that have DS component, the DS is increased quite a bit.

Epic(1.8) + Psalm of Cooling (13 point DS base) = 23 dmg
Epic(1.8,but should use puretone modifier) + Puretone(2.8) + Psalm of Cooling = 65 dmg
It seems like it is getting a 5.0 modifier to DS component? 13x5=65

Also i could just not know shit about how puretone works and i am doing it wrong o_O?

If anyone else could test this and let me know i would appreciate it =)

edit: Does modifier of 1 for OOS as well

-Catherin-
10-12-2014, 10:20 PM
Yes puretone is acting very funky if the bard has an epic too.

Selos runspeed also goes down instead of up when using puretone with an epic .

Znush
12-01-2014, 04:46 PM
This is still happening on beta after newest patch. Puretone is giving negative modifier to all songs when epic is equipped

Daldaen
12-01-2014, 05:14 PM
November 2001 Patch (http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20011107.html)

Fixed an issue with the Bardic Epic weapon. Now if the bard has his Epic and an instrument that gives bonuses to songs, the best effect will take precedence, rather than the Epic bonuses always being used.

Perhaps this is being taken too literally and Puretone is being considered a worn instrument and Epic is taking precedence over that?

Znush
12-02-2014, 12:48 AM
Its the same thing that was happening when Arcinsane first posted about it.

Not even sure about the wording in that patch about the epic. Makes it sound like you have to be wielding the instrument and the epic simulatneously. Not sure you can even do that.

falkun
12-02-2014, 09:14 AM
You can wield the epic in the secondary and a primary instrument in the primary. The patch notes above are from November 2001, but you could not get the instrument modifier from the epic while in secondary until Oct 2001 (http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20011008.html), so epic/instrument stacking should not be an issue until then.

kanras
12-03-2014, 12:51 AM
Puretone issues should be fixed, pending update.