PDA

View Full Version : Where are all the groups lower 40's?

ptrk83
08-22-2014, 10:35 AM
I have been struggling this whole week with finding a single group in my lower 40's? I tried lower guk and all the spots are solo camped by 60's. Nothing in Sol B and definitely nothing in DL. I refuse to swarm kite because thats not what I did in classic but there is legit no groups out there for lower 40s..

Daldaen
08-22-2014, 10:36 AM
They are all in City of Mist. Personally I'm not a big fan of the dungeon, but I think that's the only place I got group offers while I was soloing on my cleric.

Ando
08-22-2014, 10:53 AM
Speaking of cleric soloing, any recommendations for around 24-25? No groups anywhere it seems outside of Unrest and I can't stand the zone.

Swish
08-22-2014, 10:54 AM
There was a time when CoM was a "bring your own group" zone... and now its super camped :p

Sol B
Lower Guk
(spectres)
Highkeep guards
Oggok guards
Paw?

Whirled
08-22-2014, 10:57 AM
Become a protector of the little peoples & kill the giants.
http://wiki.project1999.com/A_Hill_Giant

Argh
08-22-2014, 10:57 AM
Solb is awesome for the 40s its just not overly populated, theres always a bunch of people in city of mist, and lower guk is good for some camps though a lot of the times the best cash camps are occupied by higher levels.

ptrk83
08-22-2014, 10:59 AM
So basically I am hearing City of Mist... but seems empty now.

jogurt
08-22-2014, 11:14 AM
Oh boy do I feel your pain. Lvl 41 wizard here - spent all week in lguk, groups extremely sparse..and as you said, all camped by 60s . I know I should be quadding etc but the most fun I have in EQ is when I'm in a group. Not soloing. Solb is always empty..... So I went to Overthere last night. No groups but plenty of room to solo.

Anyone can hit me up in game if you're up for grouping .
In game name :jogurt

I'm usually on mon-fri 6-11pm est....weekends random times

Man0warr
08-22-2014, 11:28 AM
Picked a bad class for grouping then, people are really min/max on this server and Wizards are awful in a group setting.

Atmas
08-22-2014, 11:30 AM
Do a couple of /who all lfg. One of the nice things about this top heavy server is ports aren't too tough to come by. I would say you should form a Kaesora group, I love that dungeon, though a lot of people think its too out of the way.

I have a rogue, Ories who is 43 atm. Can shoot me a tell if I am online.

Duncon
08-22-2014, 11:32 AM
Is /who all lfg working now?

webrunner5
08-22-2014, 11:34 AM
CoM is hit or miss groups wise. I would not go there if you can not solo also. It is such a turd to get there or back that if it is your main you may not get in a group worth having for days at times. But I do like the zone don't get me wrong. And if you can solo a bit you can go out to EJ also and level a bit. :p

Man0warr
08-22-2014, 11:49 AM
35-50 is probably the most unpopulated grouping range on this server.

ptrk83
08-22-2014, 12:50 PM
Oh boy do I feel your pain. Lvl 41 wizard here - spent all week in lguk, groups extremely sparse..and as you said, all camped by 60s . I know I should be quadding etc but the most fun I have in EQ is when I'm in a group. Not soloing. Solb is always empty..... So I went to Overthere last night. No groups but plenty of room to solo.

Anyone can hit me up in game if you're up for grouping .
In game name :jogurt

I'm usually on mon-fri 6-11pm est....weekends random times

You and me both Yogurt. This is Ariano!!

mr_jon3s
08-22-2014, 01:03 PM
Idk why solb isn't packed. It was when I was leveling up. Its close to EC, easy to get to, bunch of low hp mobs, and some nice bracers and chest. If solb is empty just start a group doing /who all 35-45.

Swish
08-22-2014, 01:07 PM
There was a time when CoM was a "bring your own group" zone... and now its super camped :p

Sol B
Lower Guk
(spectres)
Highkeep guards
Oggok guards
Paw?

So basically I am hearing City of Mist... but seems empty
now.

There's only so much you can do to help people :rolleyes:

sox7d
08-22-2014, 01:07 PM
Picked a bad class for grouping then, people are really min/max on this server and Wizards are awful in a group setting.

Yeah, I'm a huge advocate of 6-man groups and not min-maxing (Ranger main atm), but as a 60 wizard, you're really just a burden until raids.

Lune
08-22-2014, 01:17 PM
Consistently finding groups in EQ is a skill. Like most other things, classic EQ doesn't just always hand it to you.

Make friends, have connections, make threads like these and discover the best places to go. Don't just type /lfg and sit there, actually go to the group and talk to them.

I never had much trouble finding groups on my ranger... though to be honest that's probably easier than doing it as a wizard. Your greatest asset is probably the fact that you're a group facilitator. Do some telemarketing, find the necessary classes, pick them up and port them where you want to go (guk, kaesora, droga, solb, etc).

Adolphus
08-22-2014, 01:20 PM
40's can be really tough. It's really a big hump in the challenge of EQ . . . getting through 40's is an accomplishment and shows that you have the knowledge, perseverance and (likely) social skills necessary to make it to the end.

On my first toon, I mostly did 40's in Sol B and and Lower Guk. However, there are other options as well that might require you sending a /tell to strangers. Here's the breakdown from my experience from full group to duo's/trios:

City of Mist: Easily the most populated zone for 40's. Guaranteed to be at least 1, if not several groups going at all times here. However, the main problem with this zone is that it is way too overcrowded. Even full groups often end up with very limited xp due to the entire 1st level of the zone being empty of mobs. I try to avoid CoM myself when leveling due to this. You may end up LFG here for hours and never find a group. You might get lucky too. People are often very class biased here as well, due to the competition. #1 most popular area for 40's on the server.

Karnors wall group (Dreadlands): The wall groups on the outside of Karnor's are great for the mid to high 40's if you want a more social/interesting experience than yeti's, go here and you'll likely find a spot. I'd say this is probably #2 popular grouping area for 40's at the moment.

Sol B: Lots of camps here for 40's. Royals, Bats n Bugs are common. LDC's for the higher end 40's. Groups here are common, and spaces are almost always available. However, you might need to build a group yourself if nothing is going on. There will usually be several 40's sitting around in Sol B or Lavastorm waiting for something to coalesce. #3 most popular area for 40's on the server.

Lower Guk: Used to be a popular 40's place in Safe Hall camp and just outside Frenzy. Groups only really go to the undead side. Live side is just not very good. I noticed that this zone has been more abandoned lately due to the warping bug that plagued the server. Really drove everyone but the solo campers out of the zone. You will probably need to create a group from long distance and scratch to do Guk these days. People are just afraid of it, even though the bug has been fixed.

Mistmoore Castle: Outstanding zone for lower 40's to group in. Best part is that mobs are just on the verge of being light blue inside the castle, so they are quite soft and easy kills. However, knowledge is key here. Make sure to have a bard or an enchanter to deal with trains and a healer. A bard, ranger, monk or enchanter is necessary for pulls. Very fun to 3-6 man the castle in the lower 40's, great zone XP bonus and hardly any competition. You'll have to send tells to put this together from scratch, most likely. I often spend some time /who in all the zones in faydwer. If there are other 40's online, they'll often come. It's a real blast and my favorite zone to XP my toons in this range.

Dreadlands: Probably the best solo/duo xp in the game can be found in DL for 40's. 2 Tundra Yeti caves that respawn extremely fast (6-7 minute timer). Tundra Yeti's are melee only, slow, dark blue to 40's and very weak relative to their xp. You can solo them or duo them. Even a trio here is better than most 6 man groups xp-wise. You'll always have to put a duo/trio together yourself though. Just send a tell to a compatible class and more often than not they'll agree to come. Only drawback of these caves is that they are 50% of the time already camped and boring as hell to level. And I mean claw-your-eyes-out boring, after a while.

There's a few more obscure camps, but these are the big ones. Hope this helps :)

Ravager
08-22-2014, 01:21 PM
Wizard is great for grouping, ports make it easy to build the group however you want it. /tell goes a long way for finding people. Need a cleric? /who all cleric 40 45 and start sending tells whether they're /lfg or not.

But yeah, if you're a wizard and you show up somewhere and just put on /lfg or just do an /ooc, you're probably not going to have an easy time finding a group. Pretty much goes for any class if the roles in the groups are already filled.

kruptcy
08-22-2014, 02:13 PM
Make friends

Can not stress this enough. I am the least likeable son of a fruitcup that you will ever meet and even I have made a few friends on my way up.

Pep
08-22-2014, 02:31 PM
Do a couple of /who all lfg.

This functionality has been broken/removed for months. One work-around is to look for a certain class within a certain level-range and send tells (e.g. /who all enchanter 38 46).

lecompte
08-22-2014, 02:32 PM
OT, SolA/B, DL, Lguk, The Hole entrance?

Man0warr
08-22-2014, 02:33 PM
This functionality has been broken/removed for months. One work-around is to look for a certain class within a certain level-range and send tells (e.g. /who all enchanter 38 46).

It works sometimes - I think it may depend on what zone your in when you do it.

Yumyums Inmahtumtums
08-22-2014, 02:46 PM
Paw at judges.

bigsykedaddy
08-23-2014, 04:05 AM
Chardok AE

Tuljin
08-23-2014, 07:44 PM
Sol B window room is great in low 40s - enter from the entrance in Sol A when you take a right at first main atrium. It is often camped during primetime but its not that bad and the xp is great. If you show up there and there is a group that isn't full you'll probably be able to get in.

Wiz is better than the p99 hivemind thinks in 40s especially in Sol B cause you can snare runners which are a huge pain in the ass there and often the cause of trains and wipes. You can also stun and as well as help root CC on multi-pulls such as the pool room. Also your nukes are relatively way more powerful vs. mobs in your 40s than in your 50s, especially when you get Conflagration at 44. You do have to make your own groups and be proactive, otherwise you will sit /lfg all day.

40s grouping is a bit weak on p99 cause of the rampant plvling and twinking, but with a little effort you'll be able to put something together for a dungeon on Antonica. The 40s dungeon content is challenging and fun, its just that deep in a dungeon like LGuk nub mistakes are very costly and corpse runs are a real PITA, hence a lot of the apprehension about going on a crawl at those lvls.

ptrk83
08-23-2014, 07:50 PM
Thanks all for the responses. City of Mist has been good to me this weekend.