PDA

View Full Version : Cannot login, a time out occurred

Fairybane
08-24-2014, 05:44 PM
I keep getting "a timeout occurred" when I try to login. Any Ideas how to fix this?

Fairybane
08-25-2014, 03:40 AM
Please if anyone has any ideas it would be much appreciated. :confused:

I'm getting this error straight away when I hit Enter after typing in my login info - an actual timeout doesn't seem to occur (unless the limit is like 1 second before a timeout to occurs). :(

Thulack
08-25-2014, 08:43 AM
Sounds like your internet is blocking it for some reason. Maybe disable your firewall and try?

Fairybane
08-25-2014, 10:30 AM
Thanks for the reply - I already tried that and it doesn't help.
It also doesn't really seem like it is an actual timeout because I get it right away after hitting Enter, so my guess is that something is wrong, maybe some change to how logins work.
I have been away a couple of months so maybe something changed while I was gone.

Fairybane
08-25-2014, 01:15 PM
I think I solved the problem now.

It appears that the issue originated from a new anti-virus software package I had installed not long ago.
The first thing I do when I install anti-virus software is to configure an exclusion my folder containing all my installed games to avoid these kind of problems and to make sure my av software isn't scanning all accessed files while i play a game.

However, for some reason, this piece of software decided to block eqgame.exe regardless - not dsetup.dll (which I was expecting and had already checked for) but eqgame.exe itself which was a little odd.

But anyway, it seems to be resolved now - hope this can help others experiencing similar issues.