PDA

View Full Version : How do I make screen larger?

morgothh
08-25-2014, 01:23 PM
how do I make it fullscreen? I tried everything.. :( I provided an attachment screenshot..

Rais
08-25-2014, 01:48 PM
When in game it gives you the option to what screen reso you want.

loramin
08-25-2014, 02:11 PM
As Rais said, there's probably a way to do this using the in-game options. If you click on that giant EQ button and pick "options" or "settings" or whatever, then click on the display tab, I think you can change resolutions there.

That being said, the old school way (ie. the way I still do it) is to open up the eqclient.ini file in your Everquest directory. At the end of this file are three different sets of resolution settings (like on set is called windowedresolution, one is just resolution, and the other is maybe screenresolution? something like that). Just change the numbers for all three (since I can't remember which controls which) and that will resize your client the next time you login. Based on your screenshot, it looks like you need to add a few hundred pixels to the width.

Argh
08-25-2014, 02:22 PM
I am not sure if you want to switch your game to fullscreen mode, or change the resolution of your window to be closer to full screen.

To change your resolution: Alt + o (options) > display options > video modes > Change resolution to your desktop resolution.

To change to fullscreen: Alt + o (options) > display options > Switch to full screen mode or Alt + Enter is the macro to toggle between fullscreen and windowed mode.

morgothh
08-25-2014, 02:31 PM
I found out that I could go to fullscreen in-game thanks guys! But it took forever because I couldnt click the options button. This is also so confusing since In new to EQ

morgothh
08-25-2014, 02:35 PM
Also a lot of weird stuff happens.. like mu screen brightness changes everytime I exit the game and I cant select wood elf class without making my screen resolution change and froglok and vahshir arent part of project 1999 right? Theyre just there because of the titanium??

morgothh
08-25-2014, 02:43 PM
Like.. whenever I use alt + enter it even doesnt go back to fullscreen. and choosing a wood elf always makes it not fullscreen and it wont go back?? its odd

Thulack
08-25-2014, 03:55 PM
Go into your EQclient file and change the resolution for windowed and fullscreen to match what your monitor is at.

morgothh
08-25-2014, 04:21 PM
I have that figured out but why does it go to minimized when I try to make a wood elf? and I cant change it back after. its weird.

Thulack
08-25-2014, 04:26 PM
change the ini file. then load up a normal toon. Go into your ingame options and make sure it still has the same resolution. If your still getting it going to windowed then your not setting the correct resolution....It's going windowed when you make a wood elf becuase the part of the screen where it says wood elf is actually out of the resolution size for EQ so it thinks your clicking outside and going into windowed mode. Thats how i know your resolution is wrong.

Rais
08-25-2014, 04:32 PM
Also a lot of weird stuff happens.. like mu screen brightness changes everytime I exit the game

I have the same issue. I have to fully camp out and hit cancel for every window that pops up. If I don't my gamma is all jacked up.

morgothh
08-25-2014, 04:48 PM
change the ini file. then load up a normal toon. Go into your ingame options and make sure it still has the same resolution. If your still getting it going to windowed then your not setting the correct resolution....It's going windowed when you make a wood elf becuase the part of the screen where it says wood elf is actually out of the resolution size for EQ so it thinks your clicking outside and going into windowed mode. Thats how i know your resolution is wrong.

But I made sure my resolution is the same as my monitor, 1920 x 1080... so it doesnt make sense

phacemeltar
08-25-2014, 05:18 PM
try to manually set the fullscreen and windowed resolution in the ini file.