PDA

View Full Version : New server with the release of Velious

shaagul
08-26-2014, 02:53 PM
Will there be a new server released with the Velious expansion? Some of us are really late to the party and would like to experience a fresh new server leveling from level 1. Just curious if that might be a possibility. It seems like the current server is very top heavy with tons of high level toons farming everything in the game. Prices are crazy as hell and twinks are running amock in huge numbers.

Somekid123
08-26-2014, 02:58 PM
No, otherwise they be releasing a new server every six months to those "late" to the project. Join the crowd.

shaagul
08-26-2014, 03:10 PM
No, otherwise they be releasing a new server every six months to those "late" to the project. Join the crowd.

I am 6 years late to the party. Sucks but at least there is a p99 out there for my eq fix.

Ele
08-26-2014, 03:12 PM
There have been rumors of a teams pvp server after Velious has been out for a while, but nothing official

I wouldn't expect a fresh blue server until at least a year after Velious releases, so that the timeline is completed and most of the bugs are fixed. Once that happens, I would hope that a fresh server comes up with a properly executing timeline with automatic patching along the way.

Nirgon
09-03-2014, 10:16 AM
This server is gonna be in Velious for the rest of its days. Given Kunark was 3 years... I think you'll have time to figure somethin' out.

buffmagnum
09-30-2014, 05:41 AM
I would very much like a new server. It would be interesting to poll how many would start with the plan to stay on a new server. IMO it would cut down on overpopulation lag. The introduction of Velious might do that too though. Im sure many will be on there main doing the highest level content, others will be working shawl(me).

Oleris
10-01-2014, 12:42 AM
Here's what sirken had to say on the matter:

Once velious is released and all the updates are done to the expansion (meaning all fixes, nerfs, changes etc) there is a strong possibility of a new server being released following a classic timeline. This will follow the original timeline of EverQuest which is located here (http://wiki.project1999.com/Players:EQLive_Timeline)

Xaleban
10-01-2014, 06:53 AM
Im sure many will be on there main doing hte highest level content, others will be working shawl(me).

You do know that with Velious it will only go up to the 7th shawl (FT1). THe 8th wasnt added until Luclin. I had planned on working it too until i found this out :( Just too much work for the reward. Who knows... I may do it anyway

Thulack
10-01-2014, 12:25 PM
You do know that with Velious it will only go up to the 7th shawl (FT1). THe 8th wasnt added until Luclin. I had planned on working it too until i found this out :( Just too much work for the reward. Who knows... I may do it anyway

7th shawl still better then alot of other shoulders.

loramin
10-01-2014, 12:56 PM
Exactly; in the Velious era there aren't that many Flowing Thought items, and there are almost no other ones that can be obtained by non-raiders.

Mahande
11-11-2014, 10:23 PM
If you dont think that the 7th ring war is a raid, you are nuts. That is one hell of a mass fight.

Jimjam
11-12-2014, 08:38 AM

Considering the time lock on the server you might as well work on it since you have an eternity (or at least the rest of your natural life, assuming no server shut down) to do so.

Thulack
11-12-2014, 10:09 AM
If you dont think that the 7th ring war is a raid, you are nuts. That is one hell of a mass fight.

10th ring war you mean and that has nothing to do with the shawl quest which as stated can be done by non raiders.

Daldaen
11-12-2014, 10:11 AM
Really, need to split server on Velious release

Project1999 (Employed)
Project1999 (Neckbeard)

Then it will be much better... Actually seeing Scout Charissa or Lodizal would be cool without staring at a wall for 12 hours spamming.

Nirgon
11-12-2014, 02:19 PM
Actually seeing Scout Charissa or Lodizal would be cool without staring at a wall for 12 hours spamming.

Project1999 (Red) now featuring employed player hours with neckbeard rewards

Korben
11-16-2014, 03:55 PM

Project1999 (Employed)
Project1999 (Neckbeard)

Then it will be much better... Actually seeing Scout Charissa or Lodizal would be cool without staring at a wall for 12 hours spamming.

What about a server for part time workers, seasonal temps, stay at home moms(aka unemployed), retired fucks, college students, and shift workers?

Byrjun
11-17-2014, 01:43 AM
Exactly; in the Velious era there aren't that many Flowing Thought items, and there are almost no other ones that can be obtained by non-raiders.

Choker of the Wretched (http://wiki.project1999.com/Choker_of_the_Wretched) would disagree with you.

7th Shawl is seriously disappointing for how much time, effort, and plat it requires. I'd rather get the badass Coldain ring, the Choker of the Wretched, and something like Matchless Dragonwing Mantle, Wurm Lord Shawl, Shawl of Perception, or Strength of the Elements for a shoulder slot item. Any of those are obtainable by a casual player, although a Shawl of Perception is going to be pretty pricy. Then again, the 7th Coldain Shawl is a hell of a lot of work for a true casual player anyways.

8th Shawl, by comparison, was completely overpowered for a few classes. Shaman especially. There's a reason that nothing ever came close to that focus even in Plane of Time.

Mindif
11-17-2014, 10:07 AM
First off he said almost. 2nd if you already worked on tradeskills during the last 4 years the shawl isnt going to be a issue.

Byrjun
11-17-2014, 03:42 PM
First off he said almost. 2nd if you already worked on tradeskills during the last 4 years the shawl isnt going to be a issue.

Yes and no. If you have every tradeskill maxed, it's definitely easier. Although I'm not sure if you can even get Tailoring to 200 right now until Velious recipes.

There's pretty high trivial requirements on a lot of the combines. You can still fail shit. And the stuff you fail is generally quite expensive and/or time consuming to farm.

I wouldn't say that it "wouldn't be an issue." It's still a large commitment. Obviously having the tradeskills now is a plus.

I've done this quest twice on live.

Thiefboy777
11-17-2014, 10:25 PM
Hey uber guilds, how much plat for loot rights on a Frostreaver 2h axe once Velious drops?

Ele
11-18-2014, 11:59 AM
Hey uber guilds, how much plat for loot rights on a Frostreaver 2h axe once Velious drops?

People have third warrior alts to gear out.

Daldaen
11-18-2014, 12:38 PM
Lol at 2handers. Lol.

What is this? Live with berserkers?

Whirled
11-18-2014, 02:17 PM

Project1999 (Casual)*
Project1999 (Hard Core)**

+1,000 votes ^ :D

Byrjun
11-18-2014, 02:55 PM
Those mobs will never be left alive longer than a few minutes on either server.

Daldaen
11-18-2014, 04:03 PM
Yea and it makes me a bit sad. But meh... I value my sleep more than seeing pixels.

Thiefboy777
11-21-2014, 01:19 PM
Lol at 2handers. Lol.

What is this? Live with berserkers?

Lol at your face, which I will cleave in twain with the fury of a Northman and a mighty TWO handed axe.

Byrjun
11-21-2014, 04:35 PM
Yea and it makes me a bit sad. But meh... I value my sleep more than seeing pixels.

It was the same on live, only worse. The hardest part of soloing Lodizal as a shaman was finding a remote area in the middle of the ocean where people wouldn't find you and attempt to KS.