Uthgaard
09-03-2010, 02:20 AM
http://i55.tinypic.com/33trzno.jpg

Cyph
09-03-2010, 02:23 AM
Quite funny :) Spare time?

Qaedain
09-03-2010, 02:26 AM
In b4 complaining about GMs wasting their time on this, rather than (x "pressing" issue).

Eternal-Elf
09-03-2010, 02:39 AM
I love how everytime he responds to a petition he says he is WAY too busy to give any kind of smidge of respect to any of the players, but he has plenty of time to put a GIANT lol around Rogean.

Nice Uthgaard

Qaedain
09-03-2010, 02:40 AM
I win.

Eternal-Elf
09-03-2010, 02:43 AM
I win.

/agree

Shannacore
09-03-2010, 02:49 AM
I win.

Agree

Uthgaard
09-03-2010, 02:58 AM
I love how everytime he responds to a petition about training, ksing, or a camp dispute he says he is WAY too busy to give any kind of smidge of respect to my fellow griefers, but he has plenty of time to put a GIANT lol around Rogean.

Nice Uthgaard

Fixed.

Bawww

Cyph
09-03-2010, 02:59 AM
LOL Uthgaard :)

Come on guys, he has a sense of humour :)

Eternal-Elf
09-03-2010, 04:12 AM
Fixed.

Bawww

Will you look at that. Even on the forums Uthgaard only sees what he WANTS to see from the players he is supposed to be volunteering for.

Can't say I'm surprised though.

Anyways kudos on your LOL making skills out of dark elves. A true contribution sir.

and Bawwww? Wtf is bawwww
Sounds like your saturday night after a beer or two with the local farmers sheep.

=)

Sigmastorm
09-03-2010, 04:20 AM
At first I was like :)

But then I was like :(

I didn't lol.

Omnimorph
09-03-2010, 06:56 AM
A GM isn't allowed to be creative with some corpses?

Atennu
09-03-2010, 07:10 AM
I wanna guildwar Uthgaard irl

Itchybottom
09-03-2010, 07:33 AM
I've seen some pretty poor GM behavior here, and I say this as a GM from ProjectEQ, and my interactions from live GM over the years. I realize GM need to have fun too, but you really should start drawing clear lines as to player zone interaction.

Mixxit's boat tours, were a good example of positive player interaction. That's a sort of event, it boosts morale and keeps people interested.

Rogean's running around in circles stabbing things in the face, potentially KSing newbies is deplorable.

GM staff using #race on players, to turn them into various things, is also something that SHOULD be selective for events. When you run to East Commonlands, and everyone is a ghoul, or everyone is a froglok, it's not an EverQuest experience at all. It's a non-legit EQEMU experience.

Spawning NPCs in a player accessible zone (presumably, because the water line isn't rectangular like cshome) for a screen shot, also pretty much falls under the non-legit EQEMU idea. This point is only speculative, because I don't know which zone that is based on the screenshot.

It's obviously up to the server operators and/or staff what is done with YOUR server, but you guys are really shitting up the experience you're attempting to create here.

FluffyChow
09-03-2010, 08:32 AM
Will you look at that. Even on the forums Uthgaard only sees what he WANTS to see from the players he is supposed to be volunteering for.

Can't say I'm surprised though.

Anyways kudos on your LOL making skills out of dark elves. A true contribution sir.

and Bawwww? Wtf is bawwww
Sounds like your saturday night after a beer or two with the local farmers sheep.

=)

Maybe he meant
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUylpUzVc6Y&feature=related

Raavak
09-03-2010, 08:38 AM
Relax. Its just a gameEUR

Rogean
09-03-2010, 08:39 AM
Lol you consider that poor GM behavior?

I'd consider poor GM behavior something like, giving items to players, free XP, etc.. that sorts. Things like changing races though? seriously? Give me a fucking break. Certain guides, especially Uthgaard, are on the server probably 16 hours a day helping players. If they want to relax for a few minutes and have some fun, why the fuck not?

Also where are you guys getting the idea that changing races never happened on live? Its quite the contrary, GM's do it all the time. Just because you've never seen it happen doesn't mean it never did.

Also funny that your calling me out for something I said. I think that happened maybe once and if it did I'm sure I reimbursed the XP for that mob (plus more).

And last, your wrong, that is cshome. Uthgaard doesn't have access to spawn a mob. I spawned those mobs in the CSHome dev box (his bind spot) earlier that day, and when I went to sleep he /summoned all the mobs to make that picture.

Pheer
09-03-2010, 08:48 AM
I'd consider poor GM behavior something like, giving items to players, free XP, etc..

Also funny that your calling me out for something I said. I think that happened maybe once and if it did I'm sure I reimbursed the XP for that mob (plus more).

??

Serith
09-03-2010, 08:57 AM
?

Itchybottom
09-03-2010, 09:05 AM
Lol you consider that poor GM behavior?

I'd consider poor GM behavior something like, giving items to players, free XP, etc.. that sorts. Things like changing races though? seriously? Give me a fucking break.

I'd consider giving items (non-reimbursement) and the like to actually be an abuse of power and contrary to what a legit server is - which is pretty much beyond the scope of poor behavior.

Certain guides, especially Uthgaard, are on the server probably 16 hours a day helping players. If they want to relax for a few minutes and have some fun, why the fuck not?

And I'm glad he is so dedicated.

Also where are you guys getting the idea that changing races never happened on live? Its quite the contrary, GM's do it all the time. Just because you've never seen it happen doesn't mean it never did.

I can't refute this claim. I do know of situations where a GM paladin was in east commonlands by the Nektulos entrance on Rallos Zek, that changed a player into an orc pawn, because said troll shadowknight kept spamming the GM with duels, calling him a coward. He retorted by saying "And you're nothing more than an orc pawn.", but I've never seen a live GM change a large percentage of a zone population to something else, on live. Most of the time, GM would just race change themselves and people would watch the frog, orc, whatever hop around with his silly GM vendor swords.

That's a solution, #dbspawn is another. Glad to hear you reimbursed though, we had a GM that ran around and circles and did that crap on ProjectEQ, his name was Akirus, and EVERYONE in the community hated that guy.

I spawned those mobs in the CSHome dev box (his bind spot) earlier that day, and when I went to sleep he /summoned all the mobs to make that picture.

As I said on my comment, speculative. I haven't been on ProjectEQ since the down time, so aside from booting world and some zone servers on a local FreeBSD box, I have no real time reference point. What part of cshome is that if you don't mind me asking? The pool in the back, has columns on all four corners in the actual zone file and is a solid rectangle. The pools in the front are surrounded by marble tile. A custom s3d perhaps?

As I stated, this is YOUR server. I'm just offering you constructive criticism based on real world experience and what has in the past costed population loss on a longer running server.

Rogean
09-03-2010, 09:07 AM
??

I ran past a mob once and hit attack and it turned out there was a level 5 fighting it that wasn't loaded on my client yet due to GM speed and flyby. I gave him the xp for the mob.

Rogean
09-03-2010, 09:12 AM
I can take a larger picture later when I get home. I didn't even see it this morning until I checked the forums when I got to work. Typing this post from my cell phone.

Also, I agree that there are over uses of the race command. When I do it it's mostly on myself maybe a player or two around me. In some cases I'll use the pre made mass illusion spells, which are mostly just player races + some others. I've tried to atleast enforce to the guides not to change people to non playable races but eh once in a while you can't get too worked up over.

Harmonicdeth
09-03-2010, 09:28 AM
I can remember GM's doing that kind of action in Veeshan, and in EQ2 GM, even SoE salary employees come to guild halls and will change all the AFK people into something fun to see when you go to your broker... Keep doing it, it is a lot of fun and breaks the monotony of EC tunnel sometimes.

xorbier
09-03-2010, 11:41 AM
This thread was meant to be fun!

Uthgaard is an excellent guide. I've had a few encounters with him and I've had nothing but great experiences. He's quick to respond to petitions and knowledgeable. Also, the guy dedicates insane hours to this server! I don't know what more you can expect but I find responses at 5 a.m. to petitions pretty damn good service!

He also seems fair and level headed. Which is what we've been needing on this server from our guides.

Rogean
09-03-2010, 11:46 AM
What part of cshome is that if you don't mind me asking?

Http://www.rogean.com/images/lolcshome.png

guineapig
09-03-2010, 11:49 AM
I can only say good things about Uthgaard.

He was also quite thorough when dealing with my petition to make sure that all bases were covered with the quest before he moved on to his next task.

I don't know what people are complaining about. I think for FREE we get a pretty awesome server with damn good service. Complaining about mass illusions? Seriously? /boggle

Itchybottom
09-03-2010, 12:37 PM
Ahhh I see. For some reason that wall was looking like the edge of water to me with the blue cast (Ultravision) and the wavy marble texture. Different angle explains it all.

Reynard_CT
09-03-2010, 02:44 PM
I've seen some pretty poor GM behavior here, and I say this as a GM from ProjectEQ, and my interactions from live GM over the years. I realize GM need to have fun too, but you really should start drawing clear lines as to player zone interaction.

Mixxit's boat tours, were a good example of positive player interaction. That's a sort of event, it boosts morale and keeps people interested.

Rogean's running around in circles stabbing things in the face, potentially KSing newbies is deplorable.

GM staff using #race on players, to turn them into various things, is also something that SHOULD be selective for events. When you run to East Commonlands, and everyone is a ghoul, or everyone is a froglok, it's not an EverQuest experience at all. It's a non-legit EQEMU experience.

Giving illusions to an entire zone or a subset of players within a zone was not limited to events as I recall on CT server. When our guild was prepping for Naggy one night, GM Tilol appeared and proceeded to give out cookies and milk to everyone there. Before he left, he turned our entire raid into Gnomes. Even though he was just having innocent fun with us, there were some in the raid who were upset at being turned into Gnomes.

Another instance which occurred later in EQ's life, when PoK was actually popular and populated, was when a_random_gm014 in the skin of Xegony appeared and turned people into fairies. Everyone who wanted the illusion came cruising over to the Nexus stone when the GM was and asked for it, and others of course crabbed in /ooc or /shout that there were other things for a GM to be doing.

Neither of the above incidents were events. These were just GM's having some fun and sharing it with the players. These things happened on Live and happen here also because our guides, gm's, and admin's are not robots who only live to provide a free server and free service for us. They are people who like to have innocent fun as much as you or I. Personally, I think it is nice to see their sense of humor manifest in such ways, though I cannot comment on the other behaviours mentioned without knowing more about what happened (such as the ks'ing of newbies). I will say that of course the line should be drawn at giving unfair advantage to any player due to favoritism. It is impossible to be completely objective when friends are involved but it is possible to control ones urges to favor them unfairly.

Infectious
09-03-2010, 03:41 PM
Uth is probably the best GM I have came across in my time in EQ ( That is Live and about 20 different Emu servers). If I petition at 3 in the mournin or 6 in the afternoon the dude always responds within 2 to 5 mins tops. To all you complainers you have to remember none of these guys make money off this shit and keep this shit up to make over a 1000 people happy of which 99% they probably dont even know. Half you guys wouldnt help your mother inside with the groceries so go fuck yourselves.

Shannacore
09-03-2010, 03:46 PM
Uth is probably the best GM I have came across in my time in EQ. If I petition at 3 in the mournin or 6 in the afternoon the dude always responds within 2 to 5 mins tops.

I second these statements

Dragonthorne
09-03-2010, 03:58 PM
Personally, I think everyone needs to chill out. Lol, it's a game for one, two it's free, so why are you griping? Having a picture of NPC's to spell out "LOL" is far better than the junk that comes out of most people's mouths in this game...

OngorDrakan
09-03-2010, 06:13 PM
I have had several interactions with this Fabled Uthgaard and everytime it has been good. He's doing VOLUNTEER work. Really, this whole "it isn't CLASSIC" are BS claims. At least somebody is able to help with problems, would you rather nobody did? Go cry where somebody cares. Geezus.

Uthgaard
09-03-2010, 06:22 PM
Heh, it's fine guys, it doesn't phase me one bit.

The mass frogloks in EC were a sort of event.
I was celebrating resolving the backlog of 642 petitions in 20 hours.

I multitask RL responsibilities, player petitions, having fun, and now some content development all at the same time. And the benefits have travelled both uphill and down. All of this has made it possible for Rogean and Nilbog to find the issues that need admin intervention more effectively. Now if only the whiners managed their expectations as well as I managed my time.

Qaedain
09-03-2010, 06:27 PM
Now if only the whiners managed their expectations as well as I managed my time.

http://cdn2.knowyourmeme.com/i/000/040/447/original/Haters_gonna_hate.jpg

girth
09-03-2010, 06:38 PM
Ahhh I see. For some reason that wall was looking like the edge of water to me with the blue cast (Ultravision) and the wavy marble texture. Different angle explains it all.

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CARES

ShadowWulf
09-03-2010, 08:34 PM
The mass frogloks in EC were a sort of event.
I was celebrating resolving the backlog of 642 petitions in 20 hours.

I bet half were people petitioning for having their moss snakes ks'ed....

If your reading this YOU know who you are... :cool: