PDA

View Full Version : Klandicar weirdness

Byrjun
10-29-2014, 09:46 AM
I logged in to Western Wastes by DN and I think I saw a flash of Klandicar (like it was there and just disappeared). When I ran through the valley he was no where to be found.

I thought it was maybe stuck underground so I logged on a ranger to track it, but then I found it just standing around where you'd expect it to be.

Pretty odd. Seems like the mob kinda just bugged out when I was loading in so I couldn't see it on one character but was able to see it on another.

Edit: Also when I saw it "flash" I'm pretty sure it was over by the side of the valley instead of the middle where it stands around. Very strange all around.

Nirgon
10-29-2014, 12:48 PM
Check with your pharmacist brew

evilkorn
10-29-2014, 01:35 PM
I think the larger problem is ghosting after log in or zoning.

After log in you can see people standing, can target and hail, but they will poof and be at their real location.

When you hammer into OT and you run to the nearest cliff golem he will usually be stationary somewhere in his path which can be at the other end of his path. But if you run far away from where you see him, I've been hit by him and end up having to zone him off. Now what I do is wait to make sure he is pathing and not frozen before running past.

Byrjun
11-11-2014, 05:33 PM
Big classic champion Nirgon trolling bug report threads.

Anyways, I've heard of people experiencing this bug with other mobs too.

Basically some NPCs are invisible to you when you load in. It wasn't stuck under the world because I could see it when I ran there with another character. No idea if it would have attacked me because I wasn't KOS at the time.

Byrjun
12-01-2014, 10:34 PM
Experienced this again just now with a different mob. Camped out near a Huge Golem Sentry, when I logged back in it was walking into a wall and then it disappeared, even though it should have been displayed as just standing in that spot. Don't think there's a way it could have been "actually" pathing ie. aggroed on anyone/thing.

So the bug is you log in within eyesight of a mob, it appears to be pathing in a certain direction and then just disappears even though it's actually there. Zoning back in fixes it.