PDA

View Full Version : Spells: Overwiting due to max buffs

Ektar
12-25-2009, 09:31 PM
Okay, here's your situation.

You're in plane of fear, and you're smart so your first buff slot is Jboots. A thoughtful druid casts group-sow on your group, and your jboots gets overwritten. that's cool. It's not our issue yet! just what leads to it...

Now you wanna be a badass paladin getting your hp all super high and junk. You get FULL buffs. All 15! (sow in the first slot, remember that!)

Your monk pulls, and you get, like, two mobs! The main tank engages one, and you peel the spider off for an enchanter to mez. OH MAN HE'S DOTTED YOU!

Due to full buffs, the dot overwrites your sow. It's cool, you just wait for it to wear off and reclick your jboots and... wait... *click click click click* IT'S NOT WORKING

The game thinks you still have SoW on, evident because your jboots do not hold. But you run at normal speed, and your first buff slot is empty. You cast yaulp, and it falls into the first slot. Only way out of this problem is to bug someone for a sow so that it overwrites itself and re-shows up and solves this vicious problem.

This also happens without the sow, but jboots re-click works just fine to fix the problem. It will also happen with any buff - the sow was merely used to illustrate the issue.

Somekid123
12-26-2009, 01:16 PM
Pretty sure its specificly that spider dot, when I have Chloroplast on myself then the spider dots me it overwrites the buff icon. But when I refresh Chloroplast it still says that its on me because of the spider dot I just dont see the icon, so maybe look into spiders?

Ektar
12-26-2009, 08:26 PM
I guess the dot overwrites chloro cuz it's regen? totally different issue... actually if I'm understanding you correctly it's not even an issue eh? =p

My issue stems from max 15 buffs and the right of a debuff to overwrite your first slot. Does your situation stem from this? Cuz I'm pretty sure it's debuffs in general, I just used the spinechill spider because it's when I first noticed it.

Ektar
04-05-2010, 11:25 AM
Bump. with new info.

I had my first buff (DE illusion) overwritten by a debuff. I was still DE form. THEN a haunted chest nullify magic proced me. I lost my first two buffs: reso, and DE illusion. WHOAAA SPOOKY

Rogean
04-05-2010, 01:20 PM
Yea seems like its not removing the buff properly when overwriting. I'll add it to the source issues.