PDA

View Full Version : For Jeremy

Zobex
12-26-2009, 12:09 AM
proof. just fyi... if you're going to make your own rules, at least make them reasonable. kkthxbai

quido
12-26-2009, 12:40 AM
Way to be a total turkey. Because I know plenty of you will read this, let me give you some background. Earlier I was camping Oasis spectres on my chanter alt. My method is pretty simple and understandable: I charm one, haste him, kill the other 4, put my charm back in his original spot and gate out quick to SRO and come back and wait for new pops. Earlier I was sitting here meddin a minute and before even any of the ones I killed popped, Dotmatrix (Zobex) grabbed the one I charm and pulled it. So I was like "Ok, maybe he didn't see me." Nope. He just didn't care. He grabbed my next pop too before I had a chance to charm it. So I asked him what the deal was, whether or not he could see these specs were camped. He claimed that all the mobs had popped and no one was there. Bullshit. I told him this and he still denied it but decided to leave upon threat of me grabbing my main and killstealing him. So I've been there all day, right, and I ran out of badly needed SoW potions and decided to get a necro to hold my camp for me while I went to go craft a few more. I guess this necro ran into a little trouble and had to evac quick and they repopped. This does not mean you can take the camp. When I'm on my chanter and killing I'll wait until 3-4 pop before I start killing again just because I can do it so quickly. Just because all the mobs are up, that doesn't mean you can take the camp. If all the mobs are up for an extended period of time, I say it's fair game. But if someone is sitting there dealing with it in their own way, you can't come in and nab it. Dotmatrix admitted to me upon this incident that he was wrong earlier, and well, I can't really blame him for his actions now; people just need to not jump the gun and instead ask people what they're camping. Some people are great at respecting camps and I think this is stellar behavior. Some people have been "subprime" and I've logged my main to KS them until they learned their lesson. Let's keep it civil, ok people? :)

Goobles
12-26-2009, 03:50 AM
What the fuck is this thread about?

Inside joke?

quido
12-26-2009, 04:07 AM
This thread is an attempt from Dotmatrix at justifying camp stealing.

Speaky English?

Allizia
12-26-2009, 04:33 AM
So I've been there all day, right, and I ran out of badly needed SoW potions and decided to get a necro to hold my camp for me while I went to go craft a few more. I guess this necro ran into a little trouble and had to evac quick and they repopped. This does not mean you can take the camp.

<3 you, but this part is incorrect and a bit shady imo. Food/Water/Pots etc are reasons to leave and let the next person in line have his go, but if someone was holding the camp and they had to evac then the camp was open. Respect your fellow players bro, revenge KSing isn't how we do things either

I agree with the initial problem though, enchanters often let all mobs respawn before they kill them so they are not sitting around with a pet waiting for pops. If someone is there and active then they hold the camp, same with druids/wizards quad kiting.

Goobles
12-26-2009, 04:41 AM
This thread is an attempt from Dotmatrix at justifying camp stealing.

Speaky English?

I don't understand correlation between the topic of the thread,"This is for Jeremy", who is level 50, a picture of a shaman with specs up, and the long run-on paragraph with no seperation between points posted by you.

But if I'm forced to come to a conclusion, my best synopsis would be that you are Jeremy -- since you so vigilantly replied to "Zobex".

Furthermore - if my accusations are correct.......

Speaky English?

Way to make this personal, asshole. I'm surprised you haven't bailed on Transcendence to join IB, you'd fit right in with the handfuls of jerks in that guild. Not all of them are shits that refuse to flush, but a good handful of them are.

Goobles
12-26-2009, 04:45 AM
Also, I would like to refer to Tantalar's in-game statement toward me at one point in time. Tantalar please forgive me if my wording isn't directly in line with what you said, I'm merely trying to convey a common point:

This guy is an asshole. His guild must obviously condone his behavior by allowing this, suggesting what the guild may be lowering it's standards to.

Allizia
12-26-2009, 04:51 AM
Here we go, a minor situation with someone that is really new to EQ is going to blow up into a giant drama rage fest that has nothing to do with the initial subject ~ :rolleyes:

quido
12-26-2009, 05:10 AM
LET'S GET OUT OF CONTROL!!!1

I'm all for fairplay on EQ. If there is an established line for a camp, as the guys from <Invalid Guild> will tell you, I honor it. What I don't honor is people who show up randomly and without warning and try to elbow their way into a camp by being pushy. Dotmatrix wasn't waiting for the camp later just like he wasn't earlier. I handed the camp off just for a few minutes and he showed up randomly. I was already on my way back and almost there when he just started attacking. I agree that this situation is sort of a grey area, but I wasn't about to give the benefit of the doubt to someone who tried the same thing earlier and then lied to me about it and accused me of crying. As far as revenge KSing, it's not so much revenge as it is hoping the person will think twice next time. It is sad that the prospect of being KSed by a higher level is the only thing stopping some people from engaging in camp-anarchy. I don't want to get into it really, but one time some guys showed up at my camp and even after I politely told them several times that I had the whole site on lockdown they were rude and refused to find their own site. I logged my main and KSed them three times and they got the picture, I think. It was for the good of everybody! I bet they think twice the next time they're considering trying to camp steal. This game would be a bit more miserable if it wasn't for the standard code of conduct and etiquette that pretty much all of us adhere to. I know I'm not just going to turn the blind eye when someone crosses the line and thinks it's ok.

And Goobles, lol man, I wasn't trying to make it a personal thing. I really didn't mean anything by it, just joking around. Sorry if I offended you.

Barthorn
12-26-2009, 07:45 AM
jeremy has a nice d :eek: . noone KS'S jeremy you two timing knuckle head. i am not believe anything before you say this happened. jeremy is like superman in norrath and you are his cryptonite i dont like this. do not kill the lex luthers while jeremy is killing the lex. ok thanks for understanding ;)

Zithax
12-26-2009, 09:38 AM
Ignignokt: Some would say that the Earth is our moon.
Err: We're the moon.
Ignignokt: But that would belittle the name of our moon, which is 'The Moon.'

Goobles
12-26-2009, 01:50 PM

I'm all for fairplay on EQ. If there is an established line for a camp, as the guys from <Invalid Guild> will tell you, I honor it. What I don't honor is people who show up randomly and without warning and try to elbow their way into a camp by being pushy. Dotmatrix wasn't waiting for the camp later just like he wasn't earlier. I handed the camp off just for a few minutes and he showed up randomly. I was already on my way back and almost there when he just started attacking. I agree that this situation is sort of a grey area, but I wasn't about to give the benefit of the doubt to someone who tried the same thing earlier and then lied to me about it and accused me of crying. As far as revenge KSing, it's not so much revenge as it is hoping the person will think twice next time. It is sad that the prospect of being KSed by a higher level is the only thing stopping some people from engaging in camp-anarchy. I don't want to get into it really, but one time some guys showed up at my camp and even after I politely told them several times that I had the whole site on lockdown they were rude and refused to find their own site. I logged my main and KSed them three times and they got the picture, I think. It was for the good of everybody! I bet they think twice the next time they're considering trying to camp steal. This game would be a bit more miserable if it wasn't for the standard code of conduct and etiquette that pretty much all of us adhere to. I know I'm not just going to turn the blind eye when someone crosses the line and thinks it's ok.

And Goobles, lol man, I wasn't trying to make it a personal thing. I really didn't mean anything by it, just joking around. Sorry if I offended you.

Sounds good, I felt as you were attempting to mock me per the "Speaky English portion". All good.

Zobex
12-26-2009, 02:47 PM
<3 you, but this part is incorrect and a bit shady imo. Food/Water/Pots etc are reasons to leave and let the next person in line have his go, but if someone was holding the camp and they had to evac then the camp was open. Respect your fellow players bro, revenge KSing isn't how we do things either

This sums up my thoughts. I wasn't going to respond because I knew Goobles would take over :D, but when someone saw the point perfectly I knew credit was due.

and to finish on the 'holding the camp'. If you are going to hand it over temporarily I understand, but to a 29 that can't hold the camp is just silly.

Finawin
12-26-2009, 02:52 PM
Regardless, snatching the camp is a prick move.

svoald
12-26-2009, 03:02 PM
Ok, let me pu my two cents in about Jeremy and his Enchanter Malcolm. (This is Drutt by the way). He tried to pull this horseshit (Brain Freeze can back me up on this) when he claimed to take the entire centaur camp for himself in SK when easily 2 to 3 groups can camp that spot without too much problem of not enough spawns.

Then once he got pissed that we wouldn't leave, he brought his main Jeremy on and started KS'ing me and attacking all the mobs I was going after. He would only start attacking the mobs I started attacking, nothing else.

Anyway, this guy is an asshole.

yaaaflow
12-26-2009, 03:16 PM

I'm all for fairplay on EQ. If there is an established line for a camp, as the guys from <Invalid Guild> will tell you, I honor it.

I find this kinda funny, since Jeremy is obviously referring to me with this. It's like he thinks I should be thankful that when I asked to take over a camp when he was done with it he told me that I could not have it and he would be handing it over to a guildmate instead, and that if I was lucky his guild would let me have the camp eventually?

Maybe he just means that when I eventually did get the camp he didn't KS from me (not that he could have out damaged me, anyway)?

Just don't think that's a great example of you being a cool guy about camps, Jeremy.

quido
12-26-2009, 03:54 PM
Ok, let me pu my two cents in about Jeremy and his Enchanter Malcolm. (This is Drutt by the way). He tried to pull this horseshit (Brain Freeze can back me up on this) when he claimed to take the entire centaur camp for himself in SK when easily 2 to 3 groups can camp that spot without too much problem of not enough spawns.

Then once he got pissed that we wouldn't leave, he brought his main Jeremy on and started KS'ing me and attacking all the mobs I was going after. He would only start attacking the mobs I started attacking, nothing else.

Anyway, this guy is an asshole.

You're completely in the wrong, Drutt. Since I had hit 26 on Malcolm I was completely destroying that camp. Sometimes a foal or two would remain, but in general I was going outside the camp to kill that roaming sheltie between pops because I was out of mobs to kill. And you guys showed up and pretty much said "you're sharing, QQ." I politely explained to you what the situation was and how if even one person, let alone a few, were to start killing mobs, it would leave me in a tough situation regarding getting pets, and would leave me waiting quite a bit for pops since I was already waiting as it was. I remember you sarcastically saying something to the effect of "Heaven forbid you might have to wait for spawns! Time to relive the classic experience." I literally asked you a bunch of times to please move on or at least watch me destroy the entire camp before you started jacking spawns. You said something like "For the fourth time, my answer isn't going to change: No." So if you ask me, fair's fair, Drutt. What you tried to pull is bullshit. I logged Jeremy (like I said I would once things went from civil to hostile) and killstole you three times. I'm not going to stand there and take it from you when you're in the wrong.

I find this kinda funny, since Jeremy is obviously referring to me with this. It's like he thinks I should be thankful that when I asked to take over a camp when he was done with it he told me that I could not have it and he would be handing it over to a guildmate instead, and that if I was lucky his guild would let me have the camp eventually?

Maybe he just means that when I eventually did get the camp he didn't KS from me (not that he could have out damaged me, anyway)?

Just don't think that's a great example of you being a cool guy about camps, Jeremy.

Perhaps you're not the person I'm thinking of. Maybe it wasn't <Invalid Guild> at all, but I remember hanging around with equiss and magicflow (I think?) at that camp. If I inherit a camp with a pending list, like EE, and the next person is on when I'm done, I see that that person gets the camp and knows of the list. So yeah, if I have a camp and there's not list and a guildie wants it when I'm done, they're going to get it. I'm sorry if you decided to sit there and watch me for 6 hours while I kill EE when the next person could be there in 30 seconds. I never misled you or anyone, and I never was rude enough to say "Maybe you'll get lucky and get it." I tell the facts like they are and deal with it.

If you are going to hand it over temporarily I understand, but to a 29 that can't hold the camp is just silly.

I watched this guy kill several spectres before I had left. So maybe he hit a snag and all the mobs popped for a minute. It doesn't give you the right to bumrush it. I understand taking it if he can't ever kill any, but this was not the case.

And let it further be known that the two incidents involving Dotmatrix at Oasis spectres were not close together by any means. It's not like he was hanging around waiting to get the camp. The events of which I speak were at least 8 hours apart, and he never showed his face between them or even asked me to hit him up when I was through.

Dartagnan
12-26-2009, 04:17 PM
I think you need a better strategy Jeremy. Killing spectres and then gating to SRO means you are giving up that camp. Leaving such camp to get food/water, etc. is giving up that camp and if your friend dies while trying to hold it, that's his fault.

And I believe that on live if you were to get onto your main and start killing other peoples mobs was considering griefing other players.

Play fair and it's all good.

quido
12-26-2009, 05:06 PM
I think you need a better strategy Jeremy. Killing spectres and then gating to SRO means you are giving up that camp. Leaving such camp to get food/water, etc. is giving up that camp and if your friend dies while trying to hold it, that's his fault.

And I believe that on live if you were to get onto your main and start killing other peoples mobs was considering griefing other players.

Play fair and it's all good.

You guys will have to forgive me if I don't know all the things that you do yet. I am a first-time EQ player (first time MMO player, actually) and am trying to learn as I go along here. I really wasn't sure what the fine print was on leaving a camp. In that situation I could just juggle my charms a little more and not zone, and going forward this is what I will do. I sort of assumed that zoning quickly would be alright since it would actually get me off the camp faster in the end. But I don't mind doing it the right way even if it is more difficult.

As far as our situation, Drutt, I hope we can put it behind us. I don't like leaving bad blood and hostile feelings floating around. I'm sorry I came on Jeremy and killstole you; I was not familiar with the term "griefing" until Allizia and I had a little chat today and I didn't realize that what I did was in poor form even considering the circumstances. I hope you can understand and appreciate that you left me feeling pretty helpless and wronged, but regardless, I am sorry. I'd like to just turn the page and move on, if you don't mind.

And to you, Dotmatrix, I apologize. Since you were a big enough man to admit that you were in the wrong in that first situation, now that I know the facts, it is only fair that I fess up and apologize for that situation later on. Granted it was sort of a grey area to me, but regardless I'm sorry that it came to what it did and that I was an asshole to you. I hope there are no hard feelings and that we can foster a friendly EQ relationship in the future.

And I hope that with this reply that this issue is considered closed and we can all get on with things and pwn some mobs!

Finawin
12-26-2009, 05:22 PM
Generally speaking, most people will respect the fact you only stepped out a second.

Some people, though, are massive pricks and as such will not. They will pounce on any chance they get to steal your shit.

Ektar
12-26-2009, 06:41 PM
a single person killing the mobs that 2 or 3 groups could do... sorry, not anyone's fault chanters are crazy overpowered. if he was campin it, he got it=p. That's like saying "well, a paladin can only hold down this single green mob that spawns every half hour, so all groups are only entitled to that much..."

and good show jeremy, way to be a big man. I'm sittin here readin that and was quite impressed, ESPECIALLY because I agreed with you on the centaur bit (anyone did that to me I'd get on my main and... I dunno heal them? pallies can't ks=p). didn't expect to see anything like that on the rants n flames!

Allizia
12-26-2009, 06:52 PM
hold down this single green mob that spawns every half hour"

Nerf paladins imo.

cassaruby
12-26-2009, 09:59 PM
Don't forget to bring a towel.

Goobles
12-27-2009, 02:58 AM
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a74/RiddlN/troll.jpg

yaaaflow
12-27-2009, 01:42 PM
Perhaps you're not the person I'm thinking of. Maybe it wasn't <Invalid Guild> at all, but I remember hanging around with equiss and magicflow (I think?) at that camp. If I inherit a camp with a pending list, like EE, and the next person is on when I'm done, I see that that person gets the camp and knows of the list. So yeah, if I have a camp and there's not list and a guildie wants it when I'm done, they're going to get it. I'm sorry if you decided to sit there and watch me for 6 hours while I kill EE when the next person could be there in 30 seconds. I never misled you or anyone, and I never was rude enough to say "Maybe you'll get lucky and get it." I tell the facts like they are and deal with it.

Yeah dude, I'm magicflow. Virtually everything you say in this paragraph is at odds with how you actually acted towards me regarding the EE camp (and you know this). It's just funny that you would post all that after telling me there was no list for the EE and I could _maybe_ have it once your guild was done farming it.

FWIW I don't think you're really outta line in the other stuff posted here and was happy ignoring this thread until you mentioned an incident where you were a bit of a douche to me as an example of you being cool with camps.

quido
12-27-2009, 03:33 PM
People get so bent out of shape regarding that EE camp. It really brings out the worst in people. I've camped the EE twice, once for each of my characters. I think now that I probably got the two times confused. The first time I camped the EE, I took the camp over with a pending list. The first person on the list was a guildmate and after that it was people I didn't know. When I got my stone (after 11 hours) I made clear to the person after me that they should honor the list. I gladly went to sleep and forgot about the rest. Now Magicflow, I'm sorry you think that what I did was being a douche. The person who wanted the camp after me the next time was not only a guildmate, but also a real-life friend. At no point did I mislead you and say I was going to hand the camp off to you next. If you think this is douchey, well, my bad, but people tend to look out for their friends before strangers. I was eventually comatose and just gave the camp to my friend, and he proceeded to get two stones in about three hours, one for him and one for our other real-life friend. He then handed the camp over to you asking you to give it back to me next because I hadn't gotten the stone for my alt yet. You camped it for fourteen hours, got no stone, and then gave me back the site in the morning when you had to goto work. You're right. This was not a shining example of me being cool regarding camps; I was thinking of the other time. But look, I'm sorry man, if my real-life friend wants the camp when I'm through, has been waiting for it also, and is there to take it when I'm done, he's going to get it. I don't think that makes me a douche.

Goobles
12-27-2009, 05:06 PM
Too Much Reading!!!

Too Many Run On Sentences!!! Raaaaaaaaaaaaah

Ektar
12-27-2009, 05:47 PM
goobles, do you know what a run on sentence is? It's pretty self explanatory I think actually. There's, like, maybe one ROS in that last post. If anything, he needs to combine the other sentences a bit more. And this is eq/internet - grammar ain't real to big thing.

Speaky english? See, I make that joke there because you're just being a jerk to jeremy now. Being a jerk is one thing, but using bullshit that makes no sense just sets me afury!

quido
12-27-2009, 06:24 PM
I was eventually comatose and just gave the camp to my friend, and he proceeded to get two stones in about three hours, one for him and one for our other real-life friend.

Yes goobles, this isn't quite right; this should be two sentences, and the last comma should have been a hyphen. I typed this post immediately after waking up =P Henceforth I shall type all posts on this forum with perfect english speaky! You sure as hell better not let me catch ending a sentence with a preposition, goobles.

Hasbinbad
12-27-2009, 06:25 PM
goobles
..self explanatory.. ..eq/internet.. ..english.. ..joke.. ..being a jerk.. ..using bullshit.. ..makes no sense..
I love how there is no need to say anything new.

Falisaty
03-12-2012, 12:24 AM
OMG this thread has been dead for 2 years why bring this back up???

quido
03-12-2012, 12:39 AM
hahaha if *****z ain't hatin', u doin something wrong

Glitterati
03-12-2012, 01:40 AM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/e7z_ztMxBgk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Glitterati
03-12-2012, 01:57 AM
100% possibly confirmed

Sirbanmelotz
03-12-2012, 02:02 AM
mad

Glitterati
03-12-2012, 02:04 AM
Are you the guy who sent me peen pics? I thought about forwarding some of the "penile enhancement" spam i get back to you...

Lulz Sect
03-12-2012, 10:08 AM
these problems don't exist on red

Bruman
03-12-2012, 11:26 AM

I thought that was because no problems exist on red, because noone plays it?

Harrison
03-12-2012, 11:30 AM

Nah you just cheat until banned and then cry on the forums in hordes of 30-40 about how it's unfair you got banned for cheating and that it's really the devs' faults.

Lulz Sect
03-12-2012, 11:54 AM
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.urlesque.com/media/2010/07/smug6.jpg

Someguy1983
03-12-2012, 12:23 PM
Jeremys a fucking douche, end of story.

Faywind
03-12-2012, 12:47 PM

Of course not! No one plays on Red :D

stonez138
03-12-2012, 07:24 PM
My method is pretty simple and understandable: I charm one, haste him, kill the other 4, put my charm back in his original spot and gate out quick to SRO and come back and wait for new pops.

Once you gate you have left the camp and if someone else comes along and claims it you have ZERO claim to the camp. If Im camping Frenzy and I decide to gate over to AM and kill that too do I still have a right to Frenzy if someone else comes along and wants it? NO! The rule is pretty simple...it's even rule #1 1. Going forward, if you intend to hold or claim a camp, your group must retain presence at that camp.

quido
03-16-2012, 02:39 AM
Once you gate you have left the camp and if someone else comes along and claims it you have ZERO claim to the camp. If Im camping Frenzy and I decide to gate over to AM and kill that too do I still have a right to Frenzy if someone else comes along and wants it? NO! The rule is pretty simple...it's even rule #1

This post is from well before the current ruleset, noob. Back in the day the rules were if you could clear it, it was yours.

Btw... you all suck!

Happyfeet
03-16-2012, 03:00 AM
Jeremy is a jive turkey, yup I said it... J.T.

quido
03-16-2012, 03:42 AM
OH NO YOU DIT INT

Nedala
03-16-2012, 04:34 AM
jeremy why arent you killing all 4 spectres and charm one of the first 2 repops?

Also why not use memblur to loose aggro, or relog instead of gate/port back?

just courious :D

quido
03-16-2012, 04:43 AM
Because two and a half years ago, I was a complete and utter noob.

I liked it better when you were gone, Nedala. Your forum derp is pretty insufferable.

quido
03-16-2012, 05:02 AM
Furthermore, memblur was broken at that time.

Nedala
03-16-2012, 05:22 AM
but i was never gone from the forum?

i didnt necro your threat, dont blame for not looking at the date of every post. da fuck is your problem?

and you still could have relogged.

quido
03-16-2012, 05:26 AM
Fuck you Nedala you bitch!

Nagach
03-16-2012, 09:33 AM
Can you nerds get a life already ?

quido
03-16-2012, 09:49 AM
Can you nerds get a life already ?

Says TMFail, lol.

I'm sure that you're out there curing cancer or helping disadvantaged children or something now that you've left p99, eh buddy?!

Messianic
03-16-2012, 10:21 AM
Thread does not deliver