PDA

View Full Version : Chief Ry'Gorr

Speedi
11-17-2014, 05:17 AM
Ok, first off I can remember binding outside the fort, then invis'n and going inside the fort. Target the chief, run outside the fort on the outer wall. Then pulling the chief with a swarm line dot. Then wait a sec and he will warp through the ground. Snare run off and egress the adds. Then gate back kill single. On p99 it says u can't see your target. I used to pull tons of diff npc's like that in classic era. Didn't matter if they was in LoS or not with the swarm line dot. Also the Chief didn't drop any loot + when u kill him and the avengers spawn. I remember the avengers being snare proof + faster than sow. They can be snared and are normal run speed it seems. Also I remember them spawning out in front of the fort back behind the hill a ways. On beta they spawn nearly on top of you. One more thing (I could be wrong about this) when u kill the Chief I don't remember all the other Ry'Gorr in the Chief's room auto aggroing on the Chief's death. Just the avengers. On p99 beta they do. I could be wrong, figured I would mention it :)

Edit: I killed the chief single outside the fort. Well out of aggro range of his room/spawn location

Daldaen
11-17-2014, 09:12 AM
http://www.project1999.com/forums/showthread.php?t=164831&highlight=Line+sight

See my thread above. Outdoor zones incorrectly require LoS on tons of detrimental spells that they should not require LoS for. You could cast through walls and such on live all the time. Same with hills, trees and buildings. This was only in outdoor zones though.

Currently on this server however hills and trees will unclassicly block LoS. This is something Id love to see fixed, especially since Velious introduces lots of relevant high end outdoor zones.

Speedi
11-17-2014, 12:09 PM
Well hopefully they will fix this. Cause it's not accurate at all. Your right though it was in OD only zones.

When I started back playing live in 2013 it took some getting used too. I would be kiting rats in Valley of Lunayn and a small pebble or hump would give me a message saying you can't see your target. I was like wth is this. Hopefully it gets fixed.

blondeattk
12-01-2014, 11:59 AM
orc loot still not fixed? this was bugged months ago.....

/sigh