PDA

View Full Version : What class to compliment Paladin & Cleric

Boze
11-23-2014, 03:33 PM
Hey folks, played back in the day and excited to jump back in!

I will be primarily levelling with a Cleric and a Paladin... trying to see what class would compliment that group best...

Enchanter?
Monk?
Bard?

Mainly looking to be an effective 3 person leveling unit and i am honestly up for playing anything that would compliment the group!

Would appreciate your input! Thanks!

quenyar
11-23-2014, 05:59 PM
If you're going cleric and pally you will need DPS for a productive 3-man outfit. Go for enchanter.

toolshed
11-23-2014, 07:20 PM
If you're going cleric and pally you will need DPS for a productive 3-man outfit. Go for enchanter.

I think enc would be the best as well

Clarity line + CC + charm dps

Only other class worth choosing, in my opinion, would be a bard for the pulling ability + mobility + CC + charm dps

Aaramis
11-23-2014, 07:49 PM
I'd actually vote Ranger.
Lull for solo pulls; ranged for pulling; tracking; snare; SoW at higher levels; good dps.

Bard could fill a similar role, as noted above with better utility (mana song, haste), but slightly less dps.

Boze
11-23-2014, 08:51 PM
thanks guys, thinkin enchanter! cheers!

mr_jon3s
11-24-2014, 01:55 AM
Enchanters your best bet. Great dps, clarity for everyone, good crowd control, and hardly any of the exp penalty that a bard would bring.

webrunner5
11-24-2014, 06:40 AM
I would have to say a Enchanter also. They have a lot to bring to the table. Haste and Slows and Charmed pet DPS hard to beat.

You have two healers already so adding say a Shaman seems like overkill. But I would not dismiss them as they have Slows and Haste also, and a Dog pet.

Tuljin
11-24-2014, 01:15 PM
ComplEment

You're gonna hurt for DPS so Enchanter with charm pet would be good, also Monk or Rogue. You can Flash of Light and keep mobs snapped while rogue stabs away.

Rog(Monk)/Pal/Cle is just fine for leveling, you won't have haste but you'll have heals, DPS, and plenty of CC with two people who can root. Pal is an excellent puller so you don't have to rely on a monk or enc all the time.

GinnasP99
11-24-2014, 02:23 PM
One thing that will definately suck as cleric/pal/ench. Travel

Esheon
11-24-2014, 04:18 PM
One thing that will definately suck as cleric/pal/ench. Travel

This.

Wizard or druid for nukes and ports, and everybody can root CC. If you *must* have mez/charm/mana regen, bard. Even shaman, for slow/haste/dots/pet/sow.

Doil_Boil
11-24-2014, 08:41 PM
This.

Wizard or druid for nukes and ports, and everybody can root CC. If you *must* have mez/charm/mana regen, bard. Even shaman, for slow/haste/dots/pet/sow.

Or they could, ya know, call dial-a-port for travel :D

toolshed
11-24-2014, 09:20 PM
I would rather have a more optimized group that can handle a variety of situations than a group that can travel around super quickly. You shouldn't be traveling that much anyway - going from zone to zone trying to maximize XP-gained/hour is not that efficient when compared to just grinding away at mobs.

Druid DPS is just so inefficient compared to an enc or bard. Bard or Enc charm + CC opens up soooo many more camps and zones. SoW is nice but it really isn't that necessary when compared to breaking up camps or charming a mob for incredible DPS.

If the person playing the enc/bard wants to be more active and you think he/she will be able to handle the utility and variety of playing a bard - I would go bard

If the person playing the enc/bard wants a little bit more straight forward approach, I would go Enchanter

ie - if they are going to sit there and play 1 song as a bard, they should have gone enchanter.

Kastro
11-25-2014, 08:01 AM
Yeah add Enchanter and that group would wtf pwn most dungeon camps.... Seb, HS, Chardock, ect... yeah as far as movement... the group would have no issues finding a druid or wiz wanting to join..

Kastro
11-25-2014, 08:03 AM
Even if its... wtt clarity and cleric buffs for port and sow...