PDA

View Full Version : whats most fun and strong to play?

reborn198
11-24-2014, 05:57 PM
me and my mate started playing this and he went druid (wood elf) so am gonna go wood elf too so start together was thinking rogue but as i have not played this before and he has. tips and suggestion will be appreciated :)

Treefall
11-25-2014, 05:23 PM
Rogue goes well with a Druid if you are grinding in outdoor zones.

He can literally snare, flame lick a few times and just run (or fear animals) while you backstab indefinitely.

Since they are low level spells it just gets more and more efficient as he won't have to med really at all unless you want him adding dps.

toolshed
11-25-2014, 07:00 PM
Honestly I would not choose the second class based on the same race. You are going to limit your duoing capabilities incredibly. Ports are given out from the major cities to newbies all the time - just /ooc and someone will help you.

I would go enc or necro. Enc first tho - their charm opens up a ton of different camps that you couldn't do without the crowd control (and the clarity will be incredible on the druid).

If you HAVE to go wood elf, go bard. You will get the CC + dps + charm + pulling that your groups/duoing will need.

Rogues give pretty much zero utility (yes yes sneak pulls, whatever) and it will be an underpowered duo going forward.

Esheon
11-25-2014, 07:53 PM
Any class can duo effectively with a druid, you just have to adjust your tactics depending on the duo. I did several levels in the Karanas fear-kiting with a warrior as my "pet", and he loved it...

One quote from that warrior... "You mean all I have to do is turn on attack and follow the mob around? AWESOME!"

Miz
11-25-2014, 09:59 PM
You could also go high elf since they start right next to wood elves.

BarackObooma
11-25-2014, 10:01 PM
Play what class you think you'll like best regardless of race. You're really pigeonholing yourself by doing that. It's easy enough to get a port and bind no matter where you start, especially if you post here.

If you absolutely must start close to each other, you also have the options of Gnome and High Elf which open up a lot of classes that Wood Elves can't be.

Estu
11-26-2014, 12:27 AM
If you absolutely must start close to each other, you also have the options of Gnome and High Elf which open up a lot of classes that Wood Elves can't be.

And Dwarf, and Half Elf.

Poosammich
11-26-2014, 01:09 AM
My vote would be bard, but in reality as stated you should be choosing a class that "seems" fun to you.... You will have hard times regardless of your duoing. This means you need something that is "fun" to you or you'll likely loose interest. This game is very unforgiving, and its best that way!

canardvc
11-26-2014, 06:46 AM
enchanter is OP. Add druid utility + heals and you pretty much win everquest. Plus full xp with pet dealing 100% damage in duo. Druid can root pet so that he does not jump on chanter on breaks = you can haste it. Slow mobs and heal your pet. Win.

Bboboo
11-26-2014, 08:36 AM
Enchanters are fun. Been playing mine for a bit and I feel like a god sometimes. Enchanter/Druid combo shines in outdoor zones where mobs backstab or there's animals for the druid to charm as well.

webrunner5
11-26-2014, 09:55 AM
If you think trying to run behind a fleeing mob for 30 levels, stabbing it in the ass is fun, well you ain't never tried it. Pass. :eek: And what do you do until the mob gets down far enough so it doesn't run??

Secrets
11-26-2014, 11:26 AM
I'm gonna recommend Shaman just because it's another strong solo class in addition to your already-powerful Druid.

Why?
-Druid gets Magic/Elemental based DoTs.
-Shaman gets Poison/Disease DoTs.

You'd, pretty much, annihilate any NPC just with those two alone. Coupled with the druids' ability to snare, and the shaman's ability to slow, you can do indoor and outdoor areas with ease.

If you plan on grouping with more than just you two, I would recommend Enchanter so you can benefit the group more than just heals. The synergy between Druid charmed animals and Enchanter charmed creatures is pretty nice as the Enchanter can haste them both and give you clarity which is a godsend for duoing. The only problem is you'll largely rely on charms and could only duo outdoor areas, which can be largely hectic with only one healer, the Druid.

Chanters get a more superior haste spell than Shamans, while Shaman gets the better slow. Both classes can do both roles, however, just at a slightly less potency than the other.

Overall it's a tossup. Would you rather have Druid/Shaman which has more ranged damage that is always there, plus extra heals, or would you prefer to outlast NPCs with the Druid/Enchanter combo with a risky venture to do more damage in bursts?

eqravenprince
11-26-2014, 11:40 AM
Rogue would be good for leveling up in outdoor zones. But what fun is that. I would say Necromancer. This would allow you to do most anything short of raid targets.