PDA

View Full Version : Dumb ? on Beta

karanastorm
11-28-2014, 04:55 AM
Read the post about you losing your items in inventory but the bank stuff stays. My question is if I /beta and login to beta server and forgot to move my items to bank that I wanted to keep will they be deleted on p99 blue server as well when I return to blue? I looked for an answer, not sure but better safe than sorry I suppose. Sorry for the dumb question but someone else asked me earlier I had no answer to it.

Culkasi
11-28-2014, 05:24 AM
No, they won't - what happens on Beta has no effect on Blue, since its a copy of your char, not your actual char moving over - if it worked the other way, doing betabuff would give some interesting results on Blue :)

jediastra
11-28-2014, 05:24 AM
it does not move you only make a copy of your char and items

Original will still be on blue

paulgiamatti
11-28-2014, 07:45 AM
Literally nothing you do on the beta server will affect anything on the live P99 servers. You can delete all your stuff, beta buff a million times, delete all your characters, mess up your standing with every faction in the game, multi-box, delevel - anything!

The reason for this is the beta server is accessing a separate database - when you use the /beta command, it simply copies over your character's data into the database that the beta server uses. There is no way to copy data back to blue/red from the beta server.

Nuggie
11-28-2014, 08:02 AM
You only lose the items on your char if you beta buff. In which case you get a mostly best in slot geared character plus you keep the stuff in your bank.

Jaleth
11-29-2014, 12:19 PM
What happens in beta, stays in beta.