PDA

View Full Version : PoM Archers Doobis and Dabbis

surron
12-02-2014, 09:47 PM
It was a well known trick on eqmac that you can stand in such a way that you if you casted on an archer while another archer sat between you and the original archer, then the agroing archer would shoot an arrow at you. This arrow would hit the other archer and they would begin to attack each other. At that point you could just dot / nuke them and get exp (wouldn't even need to get the killing blow)

I am sure Daldaen and Shortok can confirm this.

surron
12-02-2014, 10:02 PM
found a picture http://i.imgur.com/3elcQJK.png you can see me using burst of flame (didnt need to get killing blow to get exp) I am also doing it naked

Daldaen
12-03-2014, 01:34 PM
Yes and no.

EQMac had different EXP earning mechanics than P99 has (because it was changed in Luclin or PoP). Here you need to get 50% of the DMG done and the killing blow if an NPC is fighting another NPC. During PoP you didnt need either. Which is why Pit Warring was so effective on AK unfortunately.

Also on here we have unclassic projectile mechanics. Currently the immediate moment you or an NPC launches a projectile (throwing item or arrow) it will immediately do the damage to that target. What was classic - and worked on EQMac - was that all projectiles had flight times and would have geometry collisions. In other words, if you stood correctly you could have a projectile hit another NPC causing them to fight, like in the screenshot above.

That was a common strategy among druids camping the corrupted shaman for their wpic in Lake Rathetear. Stand behind Deep while goblins shot arrows you.

Hopefully once they fix projectiles this will be possible though.

koros
12-08-2014, 02:57 PM
Yes and no.

EQMac had different EXP earning mechanics than P99 has (because it was changed in Luclin or PoP). Here you need to get 50% of the DMG done and the killing blow if an NPC is fighting another NPC. During PoP you didnt need either. Which is why Pit Warring was so effective on AK unfortunately.

Also on here we have unclassic projectile mechanics. Currently the immediate moment you or an NPC launches a projectile (throwing item or arrow) it will immediately do the damage to that target. What was classic - and worked on EQMac - was that all projectiles had flight times and would have geometry collisions. In other words, if you stood correctly you could have a projectile hit another NPC causing them to fight, like in the screenshot above.

That was a common strategy among druids camping the corrupted shaman for their wpic in Lake Rathetear. Stand behind Deep while goblins shot arrows you.

Hopefully once they fix projectiles this will be possible though.

I think it was mob level that made war pit interfering work. Mobs 55+ didn't poof when they died and so would award xp/loot rights to whoever was on the aggro list with highest damage done.

To clarify: pretty sure there always was a > 50% damage and killing blow check, but the change to make 55+ mobs not poof (which was put in effect to keep boss mobs from poofing if they died to a dot or some non pc damage source) caused the behavior that allowed you to get xp from faction warring mobs.