PDA

View Full Version : The Great Caviar and Capers Caper

Portasaurus
12-03-2014, 01:41 AM
The Great Caviar and Capers Caper

Late one night after a long, exhausting, and literally breathtaking day of scavenging for seahorse eggs in Kedge Keep, I headed to Qeynos to meet a friend at Crow's, grab an ale and tell tales of the day's adventures. Earlier that day, I had managed to find over 100 servings of the most magnificent, sparkling seahorse roe you've ever seen and was very excited to share my sunken treasure with my friends of the glade.

My preferred way to get to Qeynos has always been by sea, so I made my way to the Erudin docks just like I had done dozens of times before. I remember carrying the harvest proudly aboard the skiff, handing my bags off to the baggage carrier, sitting back, relaxing, and settling in for the journey. Something about the salty smell of the air and gentle motion of the ship put me at peace, and slowly I drifted off into a sweet slumber...

BOOM! BASH! CRASH!! Loud noises from above deck awoke me instantly.

It sounded like someone was doing construction on the ship! ...But it couldn't be... not at this hour! I grabbed my Glowing Torch and rushed upward to see what the commotion was. By the time I made it to the main deck, all I could see was what looked like an ogre or maybe a troll carrying several bags as he JUMPED OVERBOARD and started trying to swim toward a big diamond-shaped island in the distance. Whoever that was, they were going to need a significant dose of luck in order to make it all the way to the shore without attracting attention of the ferocious sharks that inhabit those waters.

I ran to the bag store and checked on my items. Everything seemed fine, and nobody else on the ship seemed to have been awakened by the thief. My things were fine, I decided there wasn't much I could do, and it was probably a good idea to get out of the area before someone started to suspect ME. Settling back in to my cabin, I found it surprisingly easy to fall back into a peaceful sleep for the remainder of the trip.

Early the next morning, I quickly retrieved my belongings and disembarked at Qeynos docks. As I neared the end of the pier, I felt a squishy sensation on my right hand and noticed some goop on the handle of one of my backpacks where i was holding it. Upon closer inspection, I could see the distinctive pink hue of seahorse eggs. I curiously opened the bag and was relieved to see what appeared to be my harvesting jars of caviar in-tact and stacked just as I was expecting.

But something wasn't right here. Something wasn't fishy.

This bag didn't smell like Kedge. And that was when I noticed the tag was missing on the inside of the bag. I always buy my bags from Kaludar in EC Tunnel. Not only are his bags made of the highest quality bear skins, his distinctive brand name and logo is burned into the inside of each one. This bag had no such marking! This wasn't my bag!

Unscrewing one of the jars, I could see instantly what had happened. While I dozed off on the boat, someone switched my bag out with a bag filled with jars of capers! Capers!

It must have been that ogre! The fool jumped overboard in shark-infested waters! There's no way he would ever make it to the island, especially as fragrant as ogres tend to be. The sharks in Erud's Crossing are hungry and I can't imagine they would spare such a plentiful meal that dropped right onto their tables like that.

I can only hope that my precious jars of [Seahorse Roe] have been scattered across the beaches of that island. Unfortunately, I have had too many orders to fill and cannot spare any time to go back and search for them. There is also the issue of the sharks.

Help me find my lost Seahorse Roe and I'll reward you handsomely!

Bring me 1 to 10 and I'll reward you at a rate of 2pp each!

Bring me 10 to 15 and I'll reward you at a rate of 5pp each!

If you can recover an entire stack of 20 of my precious eggs, you will be rewarded with the generous sum of 200pp!!

TL;DR: Fetch me [Seahorse Roe] (http://wiki.project1999.com/Seahorse_Roe) from Erud's Crossing and I'll buy it.

maahes
12-03-2014, 10:51 AM
More! More! More!

loramin
12-03-2014, 04:58 PM
bump for awesomeness

DarkwingDuck
12-04-2014, 11:09 AM
Nice morning read!
Bump

Portasaurus
12-23-2014, 06:52 AM
Help me find my lost Seahorse Roe and I'll reward you handsomely!

Bring me 1 to 10 and I'll reward you at a rate of 2pp each!

Bring me 10 to 15 and I'll reward you at a rate of 5pp each!

If you can recover an entire stack of 20 of my precious eggs, you will be rewarded with the generous sum of 200pp!!