PDA

View Full Version : Stomples in PoM Should be KOS Upon Spawning

Erati
12-03-2014, 01:53 AM
Thought this one was kinda strange

Hes a giant bunny that spawns upon the death of a cute tiny one, of course he should attack you. Not only that, he gives -PoM faction when you kill him so it makes sense considering how the zone screws with you.

On Beta he is currently indifferent so hes not even on PoM faction.

[Sun Nov 30 20:34:33 2014] Your Pegasus Feather Cloak begins to glow.
[Sun Nov 30 20:34:39 2014] You can no longer levitate.
[Sun Nov 30 20:34:39 2014] Your feet leave the ground.
[Sun Nov 30 20:34:44 2014] Stomples regards you indifferently -- what would you like your tombstone to say?

I left the levitate thing in there to prove I was not invis.

I know you start with everything being indifferent however I took a faction hit from killing Debis the Fish and am apprehensive to the whole zone

[Sat Nov 29 17:51:00 2014] Debbis the Fish has been slain by Gekab!
[Sat Nov 29 17:51:00 2014] Your faction standing with DenizensofMischief got worse.

[Sat Nov 29 18:15:14 2014] Peachy D`Vicci looks your way apprehensively -- she appears to be quite formidable.

Evidence:

http://theplaneofmischief.yuku.com/topic/421/Plane-of-Mischief-ERROR-LIST#.VH6mAWctCUk
4. Stomples (spawned by killing Sniffles), is KoS, and gives a faction hit -DenizensOfMischief, when you kill him. MNBAE

http://theplaneofmischief.yuku.com/topic/419/Death-and-Mischief#.VH6nz2ctCUk

*KoS NPCs*

Stomples: When killing Sniffles the rabbit at the end of Alice in Wonderland, a level 60 KoS rabbit named Stomples will spawn. He is fairly difficult, and killing him results in a negative faction hit for the ENTIRE zone, which is on Denizens of Mischief faction. One kill will make you apprehensive to the ENTIRE zone, so just don't kill Sniffles and you will be safe.

Some of the stuff the last guy says doesn't seem right according to what we have here, and I did not do PoM on live, would need some other experience with this mob from live/EQ Mac however this is two different players citing Stomples being KOS

The last link also talked about the treasure chest in the forest mob being perma rooted under his "KOS NPCs" section

Aside from the Pansies, there are a few KoS NPCs you will have to contend with. The first of which is also in the courtyard with the pansies... "a Treasure Chest" is surrounded by four halflings. It is KoS to everyone, however it is rooted and will not move when aggroed. It no longer summons, as someone at Verant apparently changed this feature... As long as you don't go afk sitting on top of him, you will be safe.

That mob is currently not perma rooted on P99. I havnt read anywhere else someone mention it being rooted besides this guy tho, anyone have any memories of that encounter as well?

solrokk
12-03-2014, 03:07 AM
I used to live in this zone during Velious/Luclin Era.

Granted, Twenty-Two was removed entirely while I was there, not sure on this patch timeline of when he was removed, but:

I can confirm, 100% that Stomples is KOS when spawned. Him spawning EXACTLY where sniffles is killed, is not entirely true, but it works.

The chest in the forest was also KoS and perma-rooted. The halfling's did not assist this chest, as far as I can recall.

solrokk
12-03-2014, 03:11 AM
mischiefplane 1.0 - Stomples 60 - 60 Monster Mob Graveyard

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npclist.html?zone=273&page=3

Another thing I'd like to add, Stomples is RED at 60, and this was not the case. Mischief 1.0 stomples is even listed as 60 on allak bestiary. Stomples is far harder to slow on P99 being red to 60.

nilbog
12-04-2014, 01:38 AM
Pending update,

Stomples is kos to all, gives negative hit to Denizens of Mischief (enough to apprehensive).

Could use some more input on the treasure chest.