PDA

View Full Version : Help with picking the right class

Nahilu
12-04-2014, 03:05 PM
I need help about choosing the right class to play with my friend.

He is a Shadowknight

I'm fighting myself beetween Shaman or Enchanter.

I know shaman can heal , sow slow and do some good dps.

What about enchanter ?

how dps with charm ?

can the SK heal itself with mana regen crazy with his lifetap?

thanks for advice

Exmo
12-04-2014, 03:14 PM
Go Shaman. Enchanters are extremely powerful, but don't pair hugely well with melee.

Whirled
12-04-2014, 03:29 PM
Zillion threads on this & each person will like/play whatever but...

Druid. you'll have ports, Dmg Shields, CC, evacs & charmed buddies to help...
I'm sure much more knowledgeable will add to this or disagree totally, lol

Swifty
12-04-2014, 03:59 PM
Go cleric. you two will be able to duo fine and at higher levels you can invite a random rogue or monk to DPS.

Cult
12-04-2014, 04:08 PM
Shaman was hands down my favorite duo partner as an SK, so if it's only between shaman or enchanter I'd personally go shaman.

Druids and clerics are options too, but those shaman slows will be awesome in situations where the SK can't fear kite, such as tight dungeons.

Enchanters are very potent but as Exmo said don't necessarily compliment an SK, so he might see more downtime as opposed to pairing with a healer. Crack won't make a huge difference to lifetap regen.

No matter which you pick you'll have 2 classes that are easy to flesh out a full group with though, so just do what you'll enjoy most.

Jaleth
12-04-2014, 04:19 PM
Shamanastic

Woe1988
12-04-2014, 04:21 PM
Cleric SK in a trio would probably out pace a Shaman SK duo at mid/high level, especially if the shaman does not have a fungi.

If you guys have plat, but JBoots so you can at least outrun mobs without strafe running.

NizmerThafen
12-05-2014, 12:01 PM
Shaman is likely to be best for general duo purposes.

While shamans have the highest *potential* for uberness at high levels + high-end gear, an enchanter will be better over all with basic gear and vendor-bought / low cost spells.

DrKvothe
12-05-2014, 01:02 PM
I haven't played in a while, but from what I remember it's a LOT easier to find a healer than an enchanter. There's always at least a druid who can tag along. On the other hand, enchanters can be hard to come by, since they're wanted in every group.

So I'd say shaman by a mile for duo strength, but enchanter for the best core to a larger group.

DarkwingDuck
12-05-2014, 03:44 PM
Go enchanter, he can slow, haste, and charm pets way tougher that ur SK buddy :), plus more C2 to go around, I have everything except a rogue and ranger... They're all fun.
SHM is super tough, but I want to lvl my ench higher it's proving to be quite fun, if I could log on, that is heh