PDA

View Full Version : Uh... Hi~?

PetiteTonga
12-07-2014, 03:44 PM
Haiiii~

Just got P99 working, made a necro Iksar named Markortiza.
This is my first time EVER on P99 (Kunark), so.. please be nice. I will let you know, I've been spoiled by the current EQ, having never played the 1999 version of EQ before, so I'm sorry if I ask too many questions~! :o

Faywind
12-07-2014, 07:45 PM
So far you made the correct and only choice for a necro. You will do just fine.

polishanarchy
12-07-2014, 08:03 PM
Welcome to the server! Always good to see more necros...

I'd recommend checking out Sesserdrix's necro leveling guide, which you can find here (http://wiki.project1999.com/Sesserdrix's_All_in_One_Necromancer_Strategy_Guide ). No need to follow it exactly, but there are a lot of tips in there that might help you get started.

Feel free to message me here or in game if you need some help.

jarshale
12-07-2014, 08:36 PM
So far you made the correct and only choice for a necro. You will do just fine.

This. Welcome to the server!

webrunner5
12-08-2014, 09:12 AM
Necro is a good class to farm items with. They are not great for group invites. They don't bring much to the table group wise. They will in Velious when their DoTs do max damage. Mobs die to quick now to bother. So figure soloing a lot, which they are great at. Welcome Aboard. :D

bulbousaur
12-08-2014, 01:19 PM
I don't know... necros can do some good healing, dps with pet/nukes, give them a chance!

sykotic
12-08-2014, 01:26 PM
Necro is a good class to farm items with. They are not great for group invites. They don't bring much to the table group wise. They will in Velious when their DoTs do max damage. Mobs die to quick now to bother. So figure soloing a lot, which they are great at. Welcome Aboard. :D

CC (ghetto mezz, root, fear) heals (lifetap HP back), snares, undead nukes (and expensive regular nukes), mana battery, and of course on long fights, dots.

A lot of people don't play them right. They are a great grouping class

Gaxx
12-08-2014, 03:18 PM
A lot of people don't play them right. They are a great grouping class

Yep. And the people that don't play them right give the rest a bad reputation which leads to Necros not being very desired in most groups. But yeah, necros are awesome and fun to play (no matter what race). I think you'll have a good time. I leveled to 40ish almost completely naked so it's definitely a good class to start out with untwinked.

Anyways, feel free to shoot /Gaxx a tell if you ever need some money for spells, help with research, or if you have any questions!

Welcome to the server!

fadetree
12-08-2014, 04:01 PM
Necro + ranger is a badass combo, actually, although you never see it much.

Feathers
12-12-2014, 01:28 PM
Hi! I just started a human necromancer named Penney! (Her parents don't know she worships the dead yet... shhhh)

I love necromancers, they are so much fun to play, and a touch dangerous... all that power. I had a necromancer that was KOS even in Nerriak. I had to bank in Runny Eye. Oh lets go kill guards together!

towbes
12-12-2014, 10:09 PM
This. Welcome to the server!

No game no life avatar, nice.