PDA

View Full Version : Just joined!

Shez
12-08-2014, 01:51 PM
Hello all, joined p99 last night and am loving it. Played EQ back in the day and it's every bit as addicting as I remember it. MMO's now days are so easy in comparison...

I had a question, I remember EQ being hard, but I rolled a Wizard and it's taken me like 4 or 5 hours just to get to level 4! Nuke nuke med, etc. I figured it would take longer soloing as a wiz but am I doing something wrong or does this sound average?..

Apologies, MMO's now days pamper you so much it's corrupted my poor mind.

rsloans84
12-08-2014, 02:55 PM
Hell lvls take awhile but this is classic! Welcome! What's youre race and youre name i might consider helping a lowbie out..just due me a favor and pick up youre lowbie aoes

Poosammich
12-08-2014, 03:52 PM
Apologies, MMO's now days pamper you so much it's corrupted my poor mind.

Sounds like memory serves you just fine! =] I've recently returned as well, and despite my thinking that my memory was all wrong, and made it seem worse than it is, that was all wrong too..... I've settled back in, and find myself remembering many things that I think my subconscious chose to forget. I've been corrected now, and am having a blast despite it all.

falkun
12-08-2014, 04:10 PM
Well, you medded before level 4...you don't get med until L4. Also, you have to train it at a trainer once you do get. I believe you don't lose EXP on death until L5, so just nuke until OOM then die or melee until you get mana back at those seriously low levels. Other than that, welcome back to EverQuest.

Shez
12-08-2014, 05:09 PM
Thank you all!

You're right, I didn't train meditate yet! Thanks a ton for reminding me I felt like something was wrong and didn't remember you had to train it first.

I picked a gnome and play under the same name: Shez.

toolshed
12-08-2014, 07:41 PM
Good luck to you friend.

Enjoy the grind of Everquest - you earn your levels here. Plus, the 60-show on P99 is awful so enjoy every second you aren't involved with all that drama.

Shez
12-09-2014, 12:25 AM
Anyways, if anyone wants to group or whatever let me know. I try to get my old friends to play but it's not happening. So if a casual guild out there is looking for recruits let me know. :)

Thanks for the help everyone

webrunner5
12-09-2014, 06:45 AM
Ray Charles could get to level 4 lol. Wait till you get to the hell levels and want to slit your wrists. :eek:

Welcome aboard. It is a great server hell levels and all.